Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

Well, you could always e-mail them directly - I've made suggestions that way in the past.  Alternatively, speak to their representative at one of the larger model railway exhibitions.  They're always willing to listen, but it doesn't mean that you'll get what ask for.

Oxford have made several items I have proposed. I submitted each one with photos, drawings, links to extra information sources. Just saying I want an HB Viva does not bring them much of value. A proposal is more likely to be taken seriously if you show your commitment of time to it. After that there is a commercial judgement as to whether a couple of thousand other people will share your enthusiasm for an Austin K8 in Elms Vale Laundry livery, choosing one I would like but have no research information for.

For those of you with a wasp up your knickers about Facebook, Taff from Oxford Diecast will be giving the Facebook Oxford Collector's page a sneak preview of the new range announcements on Friday evening from 6pm onwards, with the official release of information on Saturday 1st October for everyone else.

On the subject of "wish lists" I would like to see a  Rover SD1 produced.

So would I, preferably a white one as that is the fastest I have gone on my private 6 lane test track between Manchester and Wakefield, just the mere 145mph,and it was still accelerating, not very good on fuel though!

Ex Police SD1 V8 VUA617X.

• Like 2

So would I, preferably a white one as that is the fastest I have gone on my private 6 lane test track between Manchester and Wakefield, just the mere 145mph,and it was still accelerating, not very good on fuel though!

Ex Police SD1 V8 VUA617X.

Announced this evening:-

76SDV001 Rover SD1 3500 Vitesse Targa Red Q2/2017

• Like 3

This is their page for their 2016-3 releases ;

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/oxford-diecast-release-3-2016

I'm looking forward to their JCB Major Loader Mk 1 Excavator  (but it is rather expensive !)

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/oxford-diecast-release-3-2016/products/jcb-major-loader-mk1-excavator-jcb-76ml1001

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to their JCB Major Loader Mk 1 Excavator  (but it is rather expensive !)

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/oxford-diecast-release-3-2016/products/jcb-major-loader-mk1-excavator-jcb-76ml1001

From the CADs shown on Facebook this is a fully articulated and poseable model; anywhere from road mode to deep trench digging and front loading. Not sure whether they have scaled down the hydraulic pumps, or whether it is handraulic. :-)

• 4 months later...

i would like to see something for the modeller looking to create a quarry or cement works, or even a opencast loading pad. say 1970s mid 1980s. A.e.c 690 dump truck (jcb 423 428 four wheeld loading shovel 1973 to 75 (jcb 806 807 808 excavator 1973 to75) jcb 110 110b tracked loaders)  (hymac 370 backhoe loader or 580d 580c excavator.  wouldn't mind a 1/76 poclain 300 or 350 would look great in the open cast i plan to build on my layout. :senile:

Edited by fife 27

i would like to see something for the modeller looking to create a quarry or cement works, or even a opencast loading pad. say 1970s mid 1980s. A.e.c 690 dump truck (jcb 423 428 four wheeld loading shovel 1973 to 75 (jcb 806 807 808 excavator 1973 to75) jcb 110 110b tracked loaders)  (hymac 370 backhoe loader or 580d 580c excavator.  wouldn't mind a 1/76 poclain 300 or 350 would look great in the open cast i plan to build on my layout. :senile:

Agreed, but now Oxford have the JCB licence, a 1970s 3C would be most welcome!

i cut my teath on the 3c when i was 19 years young i worked for muir construction ltd.they had two 3c in good nick. this was 1989 and where gradually replacing them whith the grey white and yellow four wheeled 3cx. i would get goes on brakes or when the site agent wasn't there. i moved on to road surfacing and 26 years later im driving the new jcb 3cx compact. bit to modern for me give me 1960s 1970s 80s plant.

• Like 1

could really do with the A.E.C 690 four of those please and two jcb four wheeled loaders. the jcb3 a must.got the Dapol kit its not bad.

BW Models used to do a decent kit for the Aveling Barford built version of the AEC Dumptruck

Several interesting photos of new castings on show at the Nuremburg show last week. The JCB looks like an intricate piece of kit.

https://www.facebook.com/modelcollector/photos/a.10154419657352852.1073741856.91973292851/10154419667892852/?type=3&theater

And that RN Jeep will go nicely parked at my model of Padstow station waiting for an officer destined for RNAS Vulture at St. Meryn.

Edited by autocoach
  • Like 3

I reckon we'll see some 4 wheel carriages in the near future.  There's been a trend towards small pre-grouping locomotives over the last few years and Oxford are very keen on affordability.  A 4 wheel coach is going to be cheaper than an 8 wheeled one as well unique in the RTR market (excl. the old Hornby railroad coaches).  Maybe some LBSCR/SECR coaches as they would probably sell best? 

Edited by GWR8700
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BW Models used to do a decent kit for the Aveling Barford built version of the AEC Dumptruck

checked out b.w models but they folded some time back. went on eBay but nothing there.thanks for the info rangers appreciate it :sungum: 

I reckon we'll see some 4 wheel carriages in the near future.  There's been a trend towards small pre-grouping locomotives over the last few years and Oxford are very keen on affordability.  A 4 wheel coach is going to be cheaper than an 8 wheeled one as well unique in the RTR market (excl. the old Hornby railroad coaches).  Maybe some LBSCR/SECR coaches as they would probably sell best?

Did you mean this post for the Oxford Rail wishlist topic? You'll be getting the bus and coach fans excited with talk of 8 wheelers. ;-)

• RMweb Premium

checked out b.w models but they folded some time back. went on eBay but nothing there.thanks for the info rangers appreciate it :sungum:

BW models was a 'one man band' and the owner retired (at about 70 years of age). I understand many of the moulds (but not all) have been passed on to another company.