Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

On 09/08/2021 at 13:55, PhilJ W said:

I may have mentioned this before if I have my apologies. In the world of diecast model vehicles Ferrari outsells Ford by a considerable margin.

On 09/08/2021 at 14:09, ianmacc said:

I can believe it. As buyers of vehicles for the sole purpose of decorating model railways we are a tiny demographic! 

The point though surely is (from a model railway perspective) you would be unlikely to have more than one Ferrari on your layout, but several saloon cars or hatchbacks. Even to the extent of populating car carrier trains you would have infinitely less Ferraris on your cartics or carflats than Maestros or Montegos.  

Edited by Covkid
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Covkid said:

The point though surely is (from a model railway perspective) you would be unlikely to have more than one Ferrari on your layout, but several saloon cars or hatchbacks. Even to the extent of populating car carrier trains you would have infinitely less Ferraris on your xartics or carflats than Maestros or Montegos.  

Would be great to see the austin rover MMM cars in the Oxford range as well as allegro saloon 

Also earlier austin 1100 range (ado16) 

I would also love to see the MMM cars in the vanguard range. 

I know a bit off topic but they have done a lot of European cars especially golf's that are well catered for elsewhere 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 28/07/2021 at 09:27, ianmacc said:

…………A good way to display exotica is a dealer or show environment of course.…………

On 29/07/2021 at 21:10, sandwich station said:

There was a TVR garage near where I lived in the UK. There was regularly 10 or 12 of them there of various ages.

At Pangbourne in Berkshire, within a stones throw from the Station and the GWML , there is an Aston Martin dealership, a Bentley dealership & Lamborghini dealership all next to each other.

A good excuse for a display of ‘exotica’ (don’t want to spell that wrong :D this isn’t Amsterdam! ) :

190F251A-E6D0-49D4-ACB5-B70B3E3DF049.jpeg.5ff11ecf236706ed1c0c890f19abafd9.jpeg

DC57FB33-8D8C-4DD9-A6DD-D89DA882B45A.jpeg.8cd3a14d987fa747b2a01385b0a44d2d.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I have purchased two of the 'Collectors box' (all 1/76 scale) from Oxford. It is pot luck what you get in the box but between the two boxes I received the majority are Land Rover products. Not complaining though there is a few duplicates and well worth the £50 per box.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Some new announcements for Sept '21-Jan '22 on the Oxford Facebook group-  New toolings are

1/76: Austin Maestro, Land Rover Discovery 1 and 2, VW Karmann Ghia, Duple Britannia coach, Volvo FL fire tender

1/148: Ford Transit Connect, VW T1 Samba, Fowler ploughing engine and living van

1/43: Land Rover Discovery 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Invicta said:

Some new announcements for Sept '21-Jan '22 on the Oxford Facebook group-  New toolings are

1/76: Austin Maestro, Land Rover Discovery 1 and 2, VW Karmann Ghia, Duple Britannia coach, Volvo FL fire tender

1/148: Ford Transit Connect, VW T1 Samba, Fowler ploughing engine and living van

Still no pickups though (or Saabs :()

Agree on the Maestro as a good choice. Which Karmann Ghia is it? 

steve

Edited by steve1
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Invicta said:

Also an MG ZB Magnet in 1/76.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Also an MG ZB Magnet in 1/76.

That's not new, I already have a few of those in different colours.

Interestingly (?) they all have even reference numbers. Are Oxford perhaps planning to use the odd ones for a ZA. IIRC they have done both in 1:43 scale.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

That's not new, I already have a few of those in different colours.

Interestingly (?) they all have even reference numbers. Are Oxford perhaps planning to use the odd ones for a ZA. IIRC they have done both in 1:43 scale.

John

Some even numbered ones here:-

Search results: 5 results for "76mgz" (oxforddiecast.co.uk)

Edited by Mike Harvey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Just looking on their website,  I hope they sort the Maestro out it has a base model metal front bumper and a plastic rear something that never happened. 

It also has 1.6 wheels.

I'm hoping for a MG version in 1/43

• Like 3

Hooray a Meastro!  Hope its a plain vanilla Austin one not an MG Turbo!

The Duple Britannia changed quite a bit in appearance over its life (1956-62), and centre-entrance ones looked very different from the front-entrance models.  Was there any more specific info about what style they are doing?

Edit - oops, should have updated the stream for new comments before posting!  Yes, those bumpers sound weird.

Edited by 64F
updated
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Mike Harvey said:

I have three out of the four even-numbered ones, but AFAIK they haven't done an odd-numbered one up to now.

76MGZ009 appears to be the new one that's just been announced.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 3

Artists impressions are on Oxford's website - I hadn't found them earlier.

The Duple Britannia looks to be a 1959-60 front entrance type.

The Maestro is evidently an accident victim repaired on the cheap... I really hope they sort out the mismatched bumpers before production.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dunsignalling said:

I have three out of the four even-numbered ones, but AFAIK they haven't done an odd-numbered one up to now.

76MGZ009 appears to be the new one that's just been announced.

John

Odd numbered ones in 1/43 scale. Maybe relates to colour/model.

https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/search?type=product&q=mg+magnette

• Like 2

6 hours ago, steve1 said:

. Which Karmann Ghia is it? 

It's the original shape, rather than the squarer 'Type 3' version

2 hours ago, russ p said:

Just looking on their website,  I hope they sort the Maestro out it has a base model metal front bumper and a plastic rear something that never happened. 

It also has 1.6 wheels.

I'm hoping for a MG version in 1/43

2 hours ago, 64F said:

The Maestro is evidently an accident victim repaired on the cheap... I really hope they sort out the mismatched bumpers before production.

I didn't spot that on their artwork at first, and I'm a former Maestro owner!  I might be overthinking this a bit, but maybe if they can do the bumpers as a separate moulding, or as part of the base plate, they can offer both versions?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Mike Harvey said:

Odd numbered ones in 1/43 scale. Maybe relates to colour/model.

https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/search?type=product&q=mg+magnette

Noticeable that the 1/43 models are all a single colour whereas all the 1/76 ones are two-tone.

No idea if that's significant, though, because the latest one has an odd reference number!:unsure:

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, RANGERS said:

Are the artwork images in a public area of the Facebook site? I’m struggling to find anything.

I do find it odd that Oxford have a well patronised website yet still keep their new announcements away from it.

If you use the website and select the scale, then order "new to old" the new announcements come up first.  I agree a new announcements page would be useful though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RANGERS said:

I do find it odd that Oxford have a well patronised website yet still keep their new announcements away from it.

The announcement on a private Facebook group predates the public/trade announcement. Normally the whole of the announcement will appear with images in the "blog" section of the website in a few days when information is released officially to the trade. Meantime, the items have been added to the online catalogue as indicated in the previous post. Blog publication has been a bit haphazard during the last 12 months but seems to be more active now.

All the illustrations are also on the MARonline site:-

https://www.maronline.org.uk/oxford-diecast-announcements-autumn-2021/

Edited by Mike Harvey
Added link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If not been mentioned already surely top of the list must

be the Ford Corsair seen so many on the Ford car trains also

would like a Mk1V Zodiac in silver fox as my late Dad had in the 60s

all in 1/76 scale.

Edited by paul 27
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, paul 27 said:

If not been mentioned already surely top of the list must

be the Ford Corsair seen so many on the Ford car trains also

would like a Mk1V Zodiac in silver fox as my late Dad had in the 60s

all in 1/76 scale.

I’d love a Ford zodiac or zephyr mark 4 as I had both in the 2000s. Not a huge seller and probably more deserving cars but instant placement of a layout by era and a hell of an impressive car in 1/76. You wouldn’t be able to get away with H0 scale parking places with one of those lol! 

And if we’re being specific golf with black vinyl roof for the zodiac and anchor blue for the zephyr. 

• Like 1