Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

The new late September release batch from Oxford Diecast includes 6 newly tooled items in 1/148 scale (at last the elusive Cortina Mk3) , and in 1/76 the Commer Walk-Thru van, road/rail Land Rover Defender and two Rolls Royces. There are some re-issues of out of stock items too.

https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/new-in

Edited by mikeharvey22
  • Like 1

Taff will be posting details of new releases and toolings on the Facebook Oxford Collectors Page on the 5th October.  Yes, I know some of you have a wasp up your knickers about Facebook but he does have a good track record of letting the Collectors page have a sneak preview via Facebook, usually with CADS and pictures/artwork.

He might also give some news on the rail range as well if we are lucky.

The new late September release batch from Oxford Diecast includes 6 newly tooled items in 1/148 scale (at last the elusive Cortina Mk3) , and in 1/76 the Commer Walk-Thru van, road/rail Land Rover Defender and two Rolls Royces. There are some re-issues of out of stock items too.

https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/new-in

A Commer 'walk through' in a later BR/Parcels livery would be nice?! 

post-657-0-38808500-1507136980_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-70209100-1507137053_thumb.jpg

A Commer 'walk through' in a later BR/Parcels livery would be nice?! 

The Oxford model is the factory built standard van. The top photo shows a high roof conversion and the bottom one has a coach-built body. These liveries however planned for the future.

• RMweb Premium

At the Canvey Island bus rally today I saw a young woman purchasing a brace of Oxford's N scale mini's. I thought it was a bit risky as she had three under five children with her. I needn't had worried, she makes them into earrings.

• Like 1

The N gauge list is a bit confusing: I assume the NAP004 'Austin Princess' is the Austin Vanden Plas Princess already announced rather than the 'wedge' and that the Mk.III Cortina NCPR3002 won't have a Mk.I shape despite what the table says!

In 4mm I've already got a Consul Capri, so I must finish painting it. On the other hand the A40 Somerset is something that's been missing/wanted for a while. We've got one that is used regularly out on the roads round here too... and it's black!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Clever stuff there, mike! Especially at 5am, if you are on UK time! It is really helpful, and I have no idea how you do it. Can you do the same for 1/48 and 1/76 releases too, by any chance, please?

John Storey

Clever stuff there, mike! Especially at 5am, if you are on UK time! It is really helpful, and I have no idea how you do it. Can you do the same for 1/48 and 1/76 releases too, by any chance, please?

John Storey

John.

The N ones I did a few days back as that is the scale I am interested in most. 

For 1/76 you can find them here:- https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/1-76?constraint=oxford-diecast

For 1/43 you can find them here:- https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/by-scale?constraint=1-43

For 1/148 you can find them here:- https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/by-scale?constraint=1-148 Just be aware that the Daytona Yellow Cortina Mk3 has been omitted in error.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else bought the ploughing engine? I don't know about the rivet counting side of things, but I bought the rusty one when it was first released. Now these things worked in pairs, so I've just got the latest verion (for the Dorset Steam Fair), a pristine black one complete with a rather nice green Living Van. Together, with hopefully a steam plough (Langley?) they will make a nice diorama. And, I notice the engines are LH & RH for opposite ends of the field!

Stewart

• Like 1

Not the one on the latest list. It is an engineers van with cupboard doors in the mid 1970s livery. A parcels van is in the future with roller shutter rear doors.

OK Merfyn..... It is still a Commer van from the period and will suit me just fine once dullcoated, crewed and weathered......

• 4 weeks later...

Just wish they, or someone, would issue a 1/76 or 1/72 model of a lorry car transporter to suit the period in which their new carflat rail wagons were in use. Something like the old Lesney/Matchbox model, but much, much better. You can still get those on E-bay (indeed I still have a couple from my yoof), and you can put in a new tractor unit / cab to haul it, but the slab sides and generally toy-like design make any detailing or modification to something more realistic, highly problematic.

• Like 1

Just wish they, or someone, would issue a 1/76 or 1/72 model of a lorry car transporter to suit the period in which their new carflat rail wagons were in use. Something like the old Lesney/Matchbox model, but much, much better. You can still get those on E-bay (indeed I still have a couple from my yoof), and you can put in a new tractor unit / cab to haul it, but the slab sides and generally toy-like design make any detailing or modification to something more realistic, highly problematic.

EFE did/do a 1:76 car transporter with an Atkinson tractor unit.

The EFE transporter came with Atkinson, Thames Trader and Bedford TK cabs. Liveries were BRS, Dealer Deliveries, Toleman, Transportation Motor Services, Swift Motor Services, Midland Car Carriers, The Vehicle Restoration Company.

Choose the "Lorries and Vans" tab here:-   http://www.modelbuszone.co.uk/

Then choose EFE, followed by the cab type. There is a photo of each accessed via the catalogue number in red for each item.

• RMweb Premium

The EFE car transporter represents a late 60's/1970's model. As regulations were relaxed from the late 70's the transporters began to change, firstly to a larger version of the EFE model, usually with two axles and then to the adjustable decks that we have today. Cararama produced a car carrier that was representative of the early adjustable deck type, ostensibly 1/72 scale but with their Scania cab which was 1/76. This was a toy and was a bit tall and was meant to hold 8 model vehicles but by carefully 'tweaking' the adjustable decks I was able to place 13 vehicles on it.

• Like 1

The EFE transporter came with Atkinson, Thames Trader and Bedford TK cabs. Liveries were BRS, Dealer Deliveries, Toleman, Transportation Motor Services, Swift Motor Services, Midland Car Carriers, The Vehicle Restoration Company.

Choose the "Lorries and Vans" tab here:-   http://www.modelbuszone.co.uk/

Then choose EFE, followed by the cab type. There is a photo of each accessed via the catalogue number in red for each item.

Many thanks indeed Mike. I never thought of looking there! I see my error was not putting "articulated" in previous searches.

Having perused, it is the Bedford TK that best suits (will have to re-paint into MAT - Mainland Auto Transport - colours suitable for the Sheerness/Queenborough operation around 1980). Only the Atkinson is available on e-bay at the moment, and one advertised by a die-cast dealer has already gone, so I shall keep looking.

Thanks again. Let's hope they may consider a re-release sometime soon.

• Like 2