Kingswear-The Diesel Era

This is an appeal for information about diesel workings on the Kingswear branch. I am writing an article hopefully for publication in Traction magazine about the diesel era on the Kingswear branch (1958- takeover by DVR). Has anyone any recollection of workings? I have a fair bit of knowledge myself having been brought up in the area but you may have seen things that I didn't! Also if anyone has a photo of the Summer Saturday inter-city dmu workings on the branch I would be most interested. Any contributions will be acknowledged in print and of course any pictures credited to owner. I am finding the early years fascinating and I only wish that I had been able to photograph more myself.

• RMweb Gold

The only specific I can offer (having never seen the branch in it's operational days) is that there is a super photo of a Class 22 shunting the yard at Brent in the new book 'Hydraulics in the West'.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for your comments. Any observations of non hydraulic workings would be good. Was the dmu tail traffic out of the up bay/cattle dock? Fish vans I guess.

Single vehicle (possibly a Conflat, not entirely sure at this distance in time) and attached in the short dock on the Up side).

• Like 1