RhB Rhatia HOm

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, bantam61668 said:

Great model, I really like the spiral section, how wide was the layout to fit this in and what radius were the curves were on the spiral? Thinking of taking some inspiration from this for my next layout which will be RhB

There were four 4x3 ft boards making it 16x3ft overall. The spiral was 16 in / 406mm radius. The tighter curves at the village end were more like 14in / 350mm radius. Steepest gradient was 1in20 which limited it to 5 coaches for one 4/4ii or 6 for a 4/4iii. 

49 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

There were four 4x3 ft boards making it 16x3ft overall. The spiral was 16 in / 406mm radius. The tighter curves at the village end were more like 14in / 350mm radius. Steepest gradient was 1in20 which limited it to 5 coaches for one 4/4ii or 6 for a 4/4iii. 

Thanks, that's about the same size as the space I have, was wondering if I could fit a spiral in 3 ft was thinking I might need to stretch it out to 3'6 or 4ft

• RMweb Gold

Seven years after I dismantled Rhätia the station building has returned still with the original name boards! I got some wagons off eBay and it turned out it was the chap who bought most of the buildings and he offered them to me as he’d changed focus. 

957F73D9-3391-4C2A-A23F-ECF54CFD5B4B.jpeg.d886dbc48c341b6c7bd0981062f03b1b.jpeg

Couldn’t resist a retro cameo on the bookcase. 618 and the van were kept when I cleared out the stock. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3