Post RMWeb event

backofanenvelope

So RMweb event is over for this year and I a really please I made it to the MIdlands, well just after the 'wrong train' escapade but I have never been in this part of UK and thought it was most verdant! :) I want to say thanks to the 2mm demo crew, Missy and friend, sorry didnt know your name who able mastered the Lenz set and provided illumination in more than one way until the mad hour when warships and wagons collided. Good to meet up with the mashup boys.. not sure if there still in a pub somewhere in the Midlands but I think it might be effecting the wagon quota and to 2mm Andy as usual a mine of information and encouragement.. hopefully a bit more progress after this event.. ;) And David fellow Londoner.. who took the right train! :) It was a great day and thoroughly enjoyed. Look forward to the next event... Seem to remember beer on platform conversation.. hmmmm

Regards

Tom

Hello Tom.

I am glad you came along, I hope that it was worth the effort!?!

Mark (mitziblue) was the 'friend' you are on about, he did struggle with shunting the layout in the dark!

I think the mashup boys are back home by now!

Missy :yes:

Most definitely was worth the effort Missy! Night Ops was very atmospheric, was amazed Mark could work out the topsy turvy panel as well as I would have confused the hell out of me..

Was certainly something special and I will definitely attend again. Roll on next year :drinks:

Tom

The panel has been designed to be mounted on the rear of the layout hence the reverse diagram but you do get used to it. I just havent got round to doing the mounting for it on the back yet! As for the nightime running I have now ordered a few bits for the tube drivers so hopefully next time the lights will work a little better.

Next time you can have a go operating it if you like.

M. :yes:

Good to meet up with the mashup boys..

Has the notorioty reached a point where we're deserving of a name? That could stick. ;)

Excellent show with excellent people - very good to see Highclere in the flesh and really enjoyed having a play with it. Did this it looked even better with some tin box traction though Julia. ;)

Pix

Has the notorioty reached a point where we're deserving of a name? That could stick. ;)

I think that describes you two down to a tee. I cannot see any reason why it wouldnt stick!

Did this it looked even better with some tin box traction though Julia. ;)

Pix

I am not adverse to running some boxes on my layout. I even have some myself!

M. ;)

So RMweb event is over for this year and I a really please I made it to the MIdlands, well just after the 'wrong train' escapade but I have never been in this part of UK and thought it was most verdant! :) I want to say thanks to the 2mm demo crew, Missy and friend, sorry didnt know your name who able mastered the Lenz set and provided illumination in more than one way until the mad hour when warships and wagons collided. Good to meet up with the mashup boys.. not sure if there still in a pub somewhere in the Midlands but I think it might be effecting the wagon quota and to 2mm Andy as usual a mine of information and encouragement.. hopefully a bit more progress after this event.. ;) And David fellow Londoner.. who took the right train! :) It was a great day and thoroughly enjoyed. Look forward to the next event... Seem to remember beer on platform conversation.. hmmmm

Regards

Tom

Hi Tom,

"...a mine of information and encouragement" - are you sure it was me you were talking to?!:D Hope your bits for the J72 arrive soon - we're all looking forward to seeing progress reports ;)

As for the "mashup boys" that name could definitely stick - although they did a sterling job when they did eventually roll-up!

It was definitely a "mad hour" on Highclere (which was running brilliantly). I'd just about got my head around the reverse control panel (in the dark as well) by the end of the day, although my DCC operating skills obviously need a bit of improvement! :yes: Anyway, it was a fantastic day all round.

Andy

I am not adverse to running some boxes on my layout. I even have some myself!

Hmm, perhaps a one off show with Highclere in early 70's mode is called for (*cough*STORMEx2012*cough*). Would be a good what if as the DNS would have really been a useful route - I can imagine lots of cross country workings from the Midlands to the South, Freightliner workings to Southampton using it as a cut through, a local DMU working once an hour, last remains of pick up freights, track recovery workings... hmmm.... B)

As for the "mashup boys" that name could definitely stick - although they did a sterling job when they did eventually roll-up!

Sorry about that Andy - we had planned to be earlier but overslept a bit and then Bryn's car started to make some new noises. The green Beamer delivered us there safely in the end though!

Pix

I have never been in this part of UK and thought it was most verdant!

Glad you made it Tom and there's a lot of relatively low profile good points about this fair county.

As a bizarre diversion from this topic's intentions here's a snap from last week whilst on one of my favourite drives towards the highest village in England looking across to where the wild wallabies live.

Roaches.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Excuse the addition of another diversion but combining the Members' Day with the 'a few days away' for Mrs Stationmaster we found that staying in the vicinity of Stafford (at a place we struggled hard to avoid calling 'Stackton Tressell) offered lots of opportunity for some exploration. The repro Roman villa at Wroxeter was within reasonable driving distance especially as we combined it with a trip to Boscobel House and the King Charles' oak (also 'repro' we found out). Incidentally some of the paint on the villa has still not driedblink.gif

post-6859-0-37885300-1309807002_thumb.jpg

Hmm, perhaps a one off show with Highclere in early 70's mode is called for (*cough*STORMEx2012*cough*). Would be a good what if as the DNS would have really been a useful route - I can imagine lots of cross country workings from the Midlands to the South, Freightliner workings to Southampton using it as a cut through, a local DMU working once an hour, last remains of pick up freights, track recovery workings... hmmm.... B)

Pix

Well if you can supply the rolling stock then I cannot see why not!

M.

I'd better order some new specs than as Stormex 2012 should be back to my part of the worldbiggrin.gif

Should indeed Mike - not in my hands but it will be in very safe ones. There had been thoughts about moving the show to the Millenium Dome (Sorry, 02) but apparently there's some little game of basketball that's already booked it. Swines.

Pix

Archived