Possible London? Group/Meetup

backofanenvelope

Hello,

Following on from a couple of conversations had, I wondered if there are people interested in setting up an informal group in London. I think it would be good (especially for me) to have some focus and impetus to keep projects moving.

A westerly location has been proposed as there are a few 2mmSA members in that area and I know there is the Darkest Essex group and the MRC short of cover the East. I was thinking along the lines of a couple of hours of modelling one evening a month location open to suggestions with possible refreshment(s) As I don't personally have space for a meet up I think a venue could be found that could fit the bill?

Over to you, thoughts, ideas anything really..

Regards

Tom

• RMweb Gold

I'd be very interested in a West London(ish) area group. I proposed one a while back as i had access to a venue in Staines but unfortunately no longer.

Mark.

I have already expressed interest when we met at Stafford (and earlier at Keighley), but unfortunately I can't offer accommodation either.

Currently I am an occasional visitor to the Wealden Area Group, at Uckfield - a fine group of people, but weekend railway engineering works often overcome my desire to attend.

David

Tom,

Unfortunately it's a bit far for me to attend on a regular basis, and I can't offer a venue, but I would suggest that you drop a note to Rod McCall, the 2mm Newsletter Editor (contact details in the last magazine/newsletter) - that way you will reach all 2mm members who might be interested (and if you're lucky you might find a venue that way as well).

If you can send something to Rod before Thursday it should make it into the newsletter published at the end of this month.

Andy

Thanks all for the responses.

Andy, thanks for the pointer I will contact Rod and you would be more than welcome to visit from the big white north ;) might even hostage swap if I am in York! :laugh:

How do people feel about somewhere near Paddington as this would be maybe a central-ish place to get to from? I am up for a back of a beer mat planning meet if others are amenable.

Tom

How do people feel about somewhere near Paddington as this would be maybe a central-ish place to get to from? I am up for a back of a beer mat planning meet if others are amenable.

Tom

That would be fine for me.

I would also suggest mentioning it on the VAG - would allow you to contact non-RMweb members ahead of the next Newsletter.

David

Ok so, mid week I think is a good idea, I would like to put forward Wednesday as mid week is always a good point to look forward to the weekend :) 7:30-9:30pm seems a good time to give people time to get and go.. and we have so far 8 statements of interest including a friend of mine, not an RMwebber but 2mil member.

More to follow..

Tom

• RMweb Premium

email the data officer of the 2mm association with prospective postcodes he will mail you a list of members

The web officer will give you access to the 2mm calander to add your meeting(s)

which is how we set up the Canterbury area group which personally I have found best thing to come out of Expo 2010

good luck

Nick

I didn't have you down as a 2mm'er Nigel...?

Pix

Hi Pix

I am not as such however I am "Broadtrains" is modelling Canonbury in 2mm which has got my interest and 501 in any gauge is good :laugh:

I have another reason as well, all will be revealed soon!!!:yahoo:

Nigel

email the data officer of the 2mm association with prospective postcodes he will mail you a list of member[snip]

Nick

Is this Rod McCall as well? as I don't have my yearbook to hand at the mo so I can't look anything up.

Thanks Nick

Tom

Is this Rod McCall as well? as I don't have my yearbook to hand at the mo so I can't look anything up.

Thanks Nick

Tom

No, the Data Officer is James Watt. I won't quote the email address here, to avoid the spambots, but will PM it to you.

David

I would like to put forward Wednesday as mid week is always a good point to look forward to the weekend :) 7:30-9:30pm seems a good time to give people time to get and go.

Midweek will always be a little touch and go with me depending on my work load and it'll be a round trip of over two hours. However, push on with plans and I'll do my best to be there.

Someone ensure they bring lots of Association membership forms for anyone who's not joined yet...!

Pix

... it'll be a round trip of over two hours...

I wouldn't have minded if this had crept out of London a little further towards you. I might have got there then but the discussion already included some individuals on trains (and they're organising it not me, so please don't consider this a complaint - it isn't). With the Coley hatch mob being less active now, aside from layout sabbotage at association events, I've been considering whether I can get to an AG and Oxford had been looking most promising so far, but that is also not very near.

No Nth, Nigel was just going on a scoping mission! :lol: I have received messages back from the 2mm Officers and will be putting out a note in the next newsletter,and I am going to post on the VAG as well soon. Next thing is to find a suitable venue.... so the work goes on..

There was a now defunct West London Group so hopefully any one from there will come and join in too, although they are probably not on rmweb...

Tom

Archived