ale on sale

Guinness

lagers

London pride and other ales and bitters

slightly more expensive but more room

Food also looked good and price was similar to other hostelries

staff in both were friendly and said Wednesdays were not as busy as other days

Hi Nigel,

Sorry for long silence, work commitments have meant I have had to channel all into that but that storm has now passed so can once again concentrate of the fun things in life! :)

So we should pick one of your recommendations and then times etc. I am around this Wednesday and can make any time after 6pm how does this suit others. I am however away the following week but am open to suggestions if people want to move day around the only day I can't do it Fridays.

Regards

Tom

Pride of paddington 1800 on friday for 1st meet sounds like a plan

now how do we identify ourselves ??

mmmm I Know we can be reading railway magazines

hope to see more than just two of us

Could we please have confirmation of what has been proposed/agreed?

As far as I can tell, it is 18:00, Pride of Paddington, tonight (Wednesday 27th)

Any indication of where within the pub you are intending to congregate? I have no idea how small/large it is, and how difficult it might be to find other 2mm fanatics - after all some of them look almost like normal people...

David

the pub is not too bigand it will depend where the spare seats are i am going to being a copy of British Railway moddeler so it will be on the table

also i will bring a note book ................... to take any notes lol

MMmmm Tom you beat me to it

but yes was a good start 4 of us ( even if miles is a n guager ( we will cure him) lol)

OK for the future the next meet will be Wednesday August 24th at the Pride of Paddington start time 1800 we need to open up the invite to any 2 mm modeler so you N guage chaps and chapesses are welcome if you fancy coming please let us know

regards nigel

Hello again..

Just some further thoughts and possibilities from this evening, the format of the meetings is to encourage all of us to do modelling and as such a suitable place is being scoped out. My idea was to have a get-together where we can do some modelling to keep the momentum going, to share knowledge and skill and most importantly enjoy our modelling and I think we all agreed that was the motivation for all of us. If that sounds appealing "come on down"..

Time for bed said Zebedee

Tom

Gents,

It was good to get together and to kick something off.

Apologies again for leaving early but last night was a 50th birthday of a colleague, and “er indoors†wouldn’t have allowed me to play out 2 nights in a row!

I managed to get the 7.06 with about 30 seconds to spare. Luckily it was a Turbo, if it’d been an HST I wouldn’t have stood a chance, the doors would have been locked!

As perhaps the only representative of N gauge, as opposed to true 2mm, I agree that we should open the field to all people in this gauge. The more hands and heads together we can get, perhaps the better things will be. I would obviously prefer a week-day but don’t let that hinder things if you want to change. Perhaps we can catch a wider audience if we keep it local to Paddington with people in the same commuting position as me. It would be good to roll up our sleves and get stuck in but perhaps for the moment we should keep it to an informal group, until numbers increase and we can afford something more substantial than a few rounds in the pub. As my dad says, and I understand now completely, money doesn’t grow on trees!

Myles

P.S Sorry, but I won’t be able to make the next one on the 24th. I’m holidaying down in Tenby that week. Manorbier Castle here we come!

No problem Miles and nice to meet you.. hope 'misus' wasn't waiting with a rolling pin.. :) You echo our thoughts and as such I am sure there is room for all of us. So the elves are at work looking for somewhere.. yes cost is always a consideration and hopefully the sleeve rolling will happen sooner rather than later!

No worries Nth we will see you next time hopefully.

As a side note the Flying Scotsman was an excellent ale, never had it before.. but then I am a born again beerist :)

Tom

Archived