Out the Box Vs. Tweaked and Chopped

Pixie

• RMweb Gold

ok...one from me...fairly easy to modify but I think it makes a big difference.

Lowering the Bachfar 37 and a little front end detail to boot. There was a short step by step on my CJ-M blog earlier this year.

All credit goes to Pixie for this, as he lowered his one last year and gave me the heads up how to do it...(did you ever find your pictures Pix?)

post-3290-0-41581900-1310566530_thumb.jpg

Lowered v out of the box

post-3290-0-84522100-1310566543_thumb.jpg

side by side...

Here's another contribution - assuming this picture is correctly sized! If so, it's Dapol grain wagons. These three are from a cut of five which form part of a longer train. They've been modified with Microtrains couplers. They've been modified themselves to give close coupling within the cut. Vac cylinders and sundry other details added, wheels turned down to 2FS and then a good weathering. They're from train 7E87 which conveyed an interesting mix of traffic over the Woodhead main line and sometimes over the Wath branch. A nice change from 30-sets of MGRs!

Sorry no picture - I tried using the site image editor, saved it back to this computer then tried to attach it. I got an error message saying: 'you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file'. I'm mystified as the two pictures I have already uploaded were taken using the same camera and uploaded to the same folder of the same computer -ie the only change was to process it through the site image editor. Any thoughts anyone?

• RMweb Premium

You image editor is obviously set to save in a format that the forum does not like. You should be able to change the format in the program so that it saves to either JPG or PNG

You image editor is obviously set to save in a format that the forum does not like. You should be able to change the format in the program so that it saves to either JPG or PNG

Problem is he tried using the rmweb image editor http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=photoshop

The site editor gives a default of jpg which should be fine.

Have a 249KiB one rather than your 3.8MiB! Image editor seemed to work ok here resizing the image to 1600x1200 and im running linux too.

post-174-0-52211500-1311178004_thumb.jpg

All credit goes to Pixie for this, as he lowered his one last year and gave me the heads up how to do it...(did you ever find your pictures Pix?)

Very nice there Pete - I've got a few of these to work on at somepoint! I never found the photos of my dropped one, I fear that they might of died along with some other photos on my old laptop. Certainly given me a kick though to sort out some motive power, it'll be nice to see something moving!

Here's another contribution - assuming this picture is correctly sized! If so, it's Dapol grain wagons. These three are from a cut of five which form part of a longer train.

They're really nice Alan - I'd always written the Dapol model off as just a shoot down of the 4mm one but running the calipers over it it's actually very close. I might have to add a couple of these to the to do pile!

Pix

Thanks chaps - I'll maybe have another go with the image editor another day - told you I was an It dinosaur!

Thanks for the remarks Pix - they're quite nice wagons but changing the couplings was a bit of a pain and, even now, they're not strictly accurate - vac fitted wagons had a handwheel for the handbrake, not a lever. But as it's all moulded detail on the underframe I took the coward's way out and let sleeping dogs lie...

Archived