Realtrack Models looking for suggestions!

charliepetty

Aah Mr Tase disagreeing with somebody's post....there's a surprise !!!

Yes, I'm disagreeing with your post. At least Realtrack Models aka Charlie and Arran put their money where their mouth is. What exactly have you done recently? Until you stump up some cash is there any point in your inane posts?

The £180,000 tooling costs makes for interesting reading.  Taking a Class 323 as an example, if four limited runs of 250 of the GMPTE, Centro, Northern Rail and London Midland liveries were produced, which would be a bit of a selling challenge, you'd be looking at £180 a pop just to get the return on the tooling, plus the cost of the materials and labour, shipping and taxes, which must double the cost straight off.  So, even assuming the original batch sold at say £350 a unit, you'd be looking at a second run before you could begin to say the project was in profit.  Even I would question if there are enough people out there for a Class 323 at those kind of prices.  A PEP derived unit would have the extra appeal of being able to offer third rail and an increased range of liveries and geographic coverage but again you'd be looking at a steady seller and for a smaller manufacturer is it realistic to spread the payback over a longer period, increasing the risk?

I know the figures are probably not quite as black and white as assuming a 100% mark up on the tooling costs per unit for labour and shipping, but it does show that without a "sugar daddy" to fund the investment the chance of getting an emu from smaller manufacturers is slim to remote.

Interesting if sobering.

We find the 'Wanted' section useful, as with these suggestion, face to face comments & other feedback, we are able to judge 'the most wanted'.  We need help from all as it one of the ways to make decisions on future products, as said before one item has stuck out from the rest and this is in its early development stages.  Keep them coming.    Charlie

PPS Arran (C-Rail Intermodal) is also after suggestions for new: Containers, Tanktainers, Bulktainers etc. NO we are not doing a Container Terminal (Pester Heljan)

We find the 'Wanted' section useful, as with these suggestion, face to face comments & other feedback, we are able to judge 'the most wanted'.  We need help from all as it one of the ways to make decisions on future products, as said before one item has stock out from the rest and this is in its early development stages.  Keep them coming.    Charlie

PPS Arran (C-Rail Intermodal) is also after suggestions for new: Containers, Tanktainers, Bulktainers etc. NO we are not doing a Container Terminal (Pester Heljan)

Any ideas or clue on what the item of stock is that in development ?

1st Gen DMU ?????

Best regards

Craig.

Any ideas or clue on what the item of stock is that in development ?

1st Gen DMU ?????

Best regards

Craig.

If we're back on first gen units, can we have a 120 please? Clever design might even stretch the Tooling to a 119 and a 126 with minimal additional cost.

We find the 'Wanted' section useful, as with these suggestion, face to face comments & other feedback, we are able to judge 'the most wanted'.  We need help from all as it one of the ways to make decisions on future products, as said before one item has stuck out from the rest and this is in its early development stages.  Keep them coming.    Charlie

Could I ask what actual model is on the cards?

• 3 weeks later...

How's about a class 123 dmu it would appeal to western and midland region fans.

Brian

They'd stretch to to the ER as well, they finished their days at Hull on Trans-Pennines and related routes.

Guest bri.s

They'd stretch to to the ER as well, they finished their days at Hull on Trans-Pennines and related routes.

Even more reason to do a model of them . :)

Brian

• 3 months later...

Got the old airbrush out in the shed recently and made myself some "sugarliner" tanks. Certainly a test tank, I need to figure out how to "spray" on the silver lines, otherwise shall keep me happy until a factory release ;)

Now just need some decent 45ft containers in: tesco's, co-op, p&o, malcolm, 2xl, unit45 etc

post-22366-0-76938800-1408013952_thumb.jpg

Other than a Class 142 which I would be interested in buying (in all three of original GMPTE, Provincial and chocolate & cream liveries) I can't understand why no manufacturer has yet produced a PEP derived unit. The geographical spread, livery variants and longevity would make this a very appealing model I think.

Hi REALTRACK here.

There are two ways of doing this:

WAY 1:   Announce the next 10 years production like others on RM Web?

WAY 2:   Announce a 144, bring it out, Announce a 143, bring it out, Announce a 1** and bring it out.     That's what we intend to do!

What I will tell you is we are working on two DMUs at the moment, no proposed delivery promises, as the Chinese 'WILL' let you down.

Charlie 

post-3411-0-10348900-1408569923_thumb.jpg

Archived