Realtrack Models looking for suggestions!

charliepetty

My favourite DMU is the 123. As a kid living in Bradford-on-Avon, I remember seeing these when they were introduced on the Cardiff-Pompeys. I'd take one of each formation.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not produce a run of 2HAPs, using the detail you already have from your DC kit, and use the Replica Railways motorised chassis. I have bought a few of those combinations but have failed miserably to replicate the blue/grey livery (hence I have only one running just in all-blue). Bachmann could easily do them, but don't seem to be about to. They also would not do the kind of detailed version you would do, which I would pay good money for!

The best style of train to sell at a reasonable price is 1 or 2 cars, the Class 124 is a 6 Car with I think 6 different coaches, so a selling price of approx. £400.00 I think 'Might' put people off, a minimum of 2000 sales of this six car train and as many different liveries as possible. As far as I know a 124 has only two basic liveries.

I'd like to see a 175. Although I would like them in unbraned FNW this way they can have a wider operational area.

This is actually a very good idea, RealTrack could then add in decals / transfer pack to suit the specific era / area wanted to model e.g: First North Western Logos, or Northern Rail Logos or just leave blank for running on ATW routes...

The best style of train to sell at a reasonable price is 1 or 2 cars, the Class 124 is a 6 Car with I think 6 different coaches, so a selling price of approx. £400.00 I think 'Might' put people off, a minimum of 2000 sales of this six car train and as many different liveries as possible. As far as I know a 124 has only two basic liveries.

Hence the 143/144, So, errrrrr, would it be reasonable to say that something like, errrrrrrrrr, a 142 would be econimically viable?

Especially so if you were to, errrrr I dunno, maybe produce it in conjunction with someone like, erm, Rapido...........

I'm still waiting for a 143 in Provincial or RR. Come on, hurry up Charlie old boy! ;)

A 119 after that would be lovely please (or have I already said that?).

Wagons also welcome... anything Mendips aggregate related would be fine. How about the humble PGA in all it's varieties? Keep you busy for years that would.

Guy

What about one of the Yorkshire Engine co industrial diesel shunters. Keeping your Yorkshire theme of locos after the northern 143. I think there are plenty of layouts that would suit one of these small locos & they would suit many different era layouts.

Although I'm probably dreaming I would really like the rtr company's dipping into the pre grouping era. I think a selection of rtr Midland or lnwr items would be interesting. I often wonder how many would model pre grouping but are put of by lack of skill kit building / time & money for them.

Cheers

Would be great to see a First Transpennine 185 in model.

I agree...they've been about for a good while, and many people could benefit from them on their layouts.

Also how about single bogie wagon/coach releases? Coaches are doing well atm, and a bogie wagon would test the market for your shelved cement wagon project.

Just a couple of thoughts! ;)

Jack.

I agree...they've been about for a good while, and many people could benefit from them on their layouts.

Also how about single bogie wagon/coach releases? Coaches are doing well atm, and a bogie wagon would test the market for your shelved cement wagon project.

Just a couple of thoughts! ;)

Jack.

Yes please!!! The Sheerness Steel 102t POA/JXA bogie scrap wagon ............................. seeking hat and coat.

Archived