Realtrack Models looking for suggestions!

charliepetty

I'm still waiting for a 143 in Provincial or RR. Come on, hurry up Charlie old boy! ;)

A 119 after that would be lovely please (or have I already said that?).

Wagons also welcome... anything Mendips aggregate related would be fine. How about the humble PGA in all it's varieties? Keep you busy for years that would.

Guy

This livery would be great in current 144. 

post-7347-0-88222500-1302299958_thumb.jp

I'm still waiting for a 143 in Provincial or RR. Come on, hurry up Charlie old boy! ;)

A 119 after that would be lovely please (or have I already said that?).

Wagons also welcome... anything Mendips aggregate related would be fine. How about the humble PGA in all it's varieties? Keep you busy for years that would.

Guy

...and a 143 in T&WPTE...

(No I can't afford to underwrite a production batch, but no I won't stop banging on about it either :jester: )

Had a quick scan through this thread haven't seen one mentioned which is a surprise as it was in a recent wish list in Model Rail (I Think)

A steam operated Break down crane the Hornby one is so long in the tooth now and it  would have a very wide appeal

Had a quick scan through this thread haven't seen one mentioned which is a surprise as it was in a recent wish list in Model Rail (I Think)

A steam operated Break down crane the Hornby one is so long in the tooth now and it  would have a very wide appeal

If you feel up to assembling one Wild Boar Fell does a 3D Printed one. If you look in the 3D Printing topic you can find pictures of his work - Warwells, PFA's Containers etc etc.

Ian_B

The best style of train to sell at a reasonable price is 1 or 2 cars, the Class 124 is a 6 Car with I think 6 different coaches, so a selling price of approx. £400.00 I think 'Might' put people off, a minimum of 2000 sales of this six car train and as many different liveries as possible. As far as I know a 124 has only two basic liveries.

Only 4 types actually, formed 1-2-3-4-2-1 of the 4 types.  Still too many though.

DMC-MBS-TS-TFB-MBS-DMC

PS 123s are just as bad, despite the shorter formations, they too had 4 types.

4 car sets were  DMBS-TC-TSB-DMS

3 car sets were  DMBS-TC-DMS

The class 123/124 don't require as many underframes/ bodies as you think. The power car underframes where virtually identical on the 123/124's apart from different bogies, even those under the 124 MBS. The TSL on both the 123 & 124 are identical in bodystyle to a Mk1 TSO, apart from the depth of the windows. The underframe in different to a Mk 1 but in some ways easier as there is no trussing and almost identical between the 123/124, bar the bogies again. Bar the addition of an extra door, the 123 TCL is almost identical in layout to a Mk 1 CK, (apart from window depth again), and the underframe is identical to the TSL. The main differences are in the bodies for the driving vehicles and the MBS on the 124. The buffet cars are virtually identical for the 123/124, but in the case of the 123 finished quite early, with the 124 buffets going in the mid 70's.

On the production front, producing just a power car underframe and a trailer underframe would enable you initially to produce all the different vehicles to model a 123/124 in their later lives. Its just the bodies that need the variations. The simplest to do would be the 3 car 123's. An additional but separate 123 TCL would enable someone to create a 4 car set at a later date. The 124 vehicles could be produced as a complete set, after all, just one underframe and 2 bodies would allow you to create a 4 car set, or as singles as in their last years of operation they appeared in a multitude of formations with the 123's, yet again allowing people to build up formations as and when they can afford them. It's only the buffet cars that require the most work for production. Not impossible to produce a 123/124 but it would require a bit of faith and investment from a manufacturer.

Personally I don't need either a 123 or 124 as I've scratchbuilt a set of each. See http://emgauge70s.co.uk/

Paul J.

• RMweb Gold

Suggest LU D78 stock, that way the Vivarail D-Train  http://www.vivarail.co.uk/ could also be produced.

Rail magazine (Issue 766 pg 26) indicates Vivarail are "... talking to all the bidders for the Northern franchise."

Mind you the D-Train DCC sound version would sound like 4 Ford Transits doing 60mph.

• RMweb Gold

We probably can't teach Charlie much about the different DMUs. He's produced kits for most of them for many years now.

But production of ready-to-run is quite another ball-game. I'm surprised that he can make a batch of 2000 viable given the development costs that some claim elsewhere.

We probably can't teach Charlie much about the different DMUs. He's produced kits for most of them for many years now.

But not the class 109 Wickham, an important gap in the East Anglian scene, also used in departmental service, and an outstanding restoration in the preservation scene.

Stewart

At the moment there seems to be more people who know what we are planning to do in the future, than what we do! 

Thinking of getting out my Platform Spotters book and selecting items from Page 12, 15, 18, 22 38 & 41.

That should cover the next 20 years.  Charlie

• RMweb Premium

At the moment there seems to be more people who know what we are planning to do in the future, than what we do! 

Thinking of getting out my Platform Spotters book and selecting items from Page 12, 15, 18, 22 38 & 41.

That should cover the next 20 years.  Charlie

In my book, page 38 is a Class 185 - crack on!

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

No, not a 155, I've only just put the finishing touches to my conversion from a pair of Hornby 153s!  How about a centre car for the 144 though...?  I'd have one of those!

• 3 weeks later...

Based on the description of what charlie has said on the fgw class 143 thread about what is going to be announced at the NEC, my money is on a class 156, would love to see realtrack do a class 180 or 185 but a 156 is good as well in my view. (As long as it is done in northern rail livery!) i would also say a class 156 would be a sensible option as the amount of liveries and time scale regarding the eras means there will be a lot of choice and would appeal to many modellers.

I would also like to say thanks to charlie for the great service when buying my class 144 at AP last weekend! The loco is superb and i cannot stop looking at it!

Realtrack is a real winner in my opinion and i believe they will prosper in the future.

• 6 months later...

Hello

I would like to nominate the 2 and 3 coach class 175.

It's been around 15 years now and has had a few livery variations in that time and judging by the rest of the Arriva DMU's fleet it's due for a new one anytime soon.

I can't think of another modern DMU that's been around for that long but never had a look in when it comes to modelling?

Matt

Hello

I would like to nominate the 2 and 3 coach class 175.

It's been around 15 years now and has had a few livery variations in that time and judging by the rest of the Arriva DMU's fleet it's due for a new one anytime soon.

I can't think of another modern DMU that's been around for that long but never had a look in when it comes to modelling?

Matt

Class 180, 222, 185.... 

Archived