Realtrack Models looking for suggestions!

charliepetty

The 222 would be a risk.. Only one livery and with Bachmann already doing the Virgin voyager, surely if it was worth it they would have released it by now.

The 185 looks good, though that livery in a hole is very rare in all scales?

The 180 looks more less the same has a 175, just different nose?

Says the run in fixed 5 car rakes? Wouldn't be cheap and big layouts would be required? Though with the different livery choices I can see why people would like it.

222 is three liveries actually! But I agree - Bachmann announced one in N a few years ago but pulled out because the differences were too significant to the existing Voyager.

I'm not that knowledgeable of the differences between 175s and 180s but they do look very similar aside from the nose.

• RMweb Premium

Talking of 180's.......

post-408-0-26414700-1445262571_thumb.jpg

I think the 2-car 175's are two different window arrangements, so that's two toolings - and then a third if doing a 3 car. (Charlie loves 2 cars with identical (or as near as possible) body shells.)

They do share a lot of common features with a 180 - but even the 5-car 180 (I think) has four different shells.

Cheers,

Mick

Mick, not sure that's correct, a very cursory look* suggests that 175 driving cars are cab door, passenger door, 8 big windows, passenger door (and v.v.) on both sides of both vehicles?

Similarly the 180 driving cars appear to be the same layout of doors and windows as each other (cabside window, cab door, 7 big windows, passenger door), and the inner cars of both classes are the same basic format (door, 8 big windows, door) assuming there's nothing subtle like tumblehome differences or window/door spacings*?

Neither type appears to have randomly placed toilet or small windows, or in the case of the 180 special windows for the catering section, which is the kind of thing that usually complicates things.

(*Don't know if there's anyone with accurate plans/measurements that can make sure of that - but the cursory look suggests to me that 3 shells could do the 2x 175, the 3x 175 and the 5x 180.)

• RMweb Premium

Mick, not sure that's correct, a very cursory look* suggests that 175 driving cars are cab door, passenger door, 8 big windows, passenger door (and v.v.) on both sides of both vehicles?

Similarly the 180 driving cars appear to be the same layout of doors and windows as each other (cabside window, cab door, 7 big windows, passenger door), and the inner cars of both classes are the same basic format (door, 8 big windows, door) assuming there's nothing subtle like tumblehome differences or window/door spacings*?

Neither type appears to have randomly placed toilet or small windows, or in the case of the 180 special windows for the catering section, which is the kind of thing that usually complicates things.

(*Don't know if there's anyone with accurate plans/measurements that can make sure of that - but the cursory look suggests to me that 3 shells could do the 2x 175, the 3x 175 and the 5x 180.)

Hi Martyn,

I think you are correct - I didn't even have a cursory glance....... :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Serves me right for listening to Charlie...........

Cheers,

Mick  

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I would suggest some aggregate hopper wagons, such as the JHA's, as then there could be multiple liveries, such as Hanson, FY, ARC, National Power, 

regards

Darryl

Perfect for the upcoming Dapol 59.........................

Cheers,

Mick

I would suggest some aggregate hopper wagons, such as the JHA's, as then there could be multiple liveries, such as Hanson, FY, ARC, National Power, 

regards

Darryl

Indeed and the under frame for them would equally suit the JXA, to replace the long gone Appleby version.

• 1 month later...

Charlie,

A Pennines grafter please, 4 car class 123 or 124 or both please, coming from Leeds you must have sampled them on a few occasions. Would make a great model. I can hear the rasp from the exhausts now...

Cheers

Dave

Over Woodhead too!   on Diversions.  Charlie

A Class 180 is certainly a train I would invest in as I would buy two! ;). Also it will add something new and different to the OO gauge market in the process.

If you plan to do an EMU's. Could we have a Class 319/321 please? As far as I am aware, the major differences of the two is the driving end cars as the inner trail cars are identical or very close. The Class 319 however is a dual mode EMU as they worked the Thameslink Bedford to Brighton services. Although its most 377's now, the remaining Class 319's in London do show up on the Brighton-Bedford workings at times when not working the Blackfriars-Sutton duties. I strongly think the Class 319/321 EMU model train packs would make a good seller on the market too :).

• 1 month later...

A Class 180 is certainly a train I would invest in as I would buy two! ;). Also it will add something new and different to the OO gauge market in the process.

If you plan to do an EMU's. Could we have a Class 319/321 please? As far as I am aware, the major differences of the two is the driving end cars as the inner trail cars are identical or very close. The Class 319 however is a dual mode EMU as they worked the Thameslink Bedford to Brighton services. Although its most 377's now, the remaining Class 319's in London do show up on the Brighton-Bedford workings at times when not working the Blackfriars-Sutton duties. I strongly think the Class 319/321 EMU model train packs would make a good seller on the market too :).

Bratchell already have you covered there.

FSA/FTA Container flats would get my vote and money. Double and Triple packs, nicely loaded with (yet more!) C-rail containers......

• RMweb Premium

Some on track plant should be popular. You just have to look at the Atlas Editions 'World of Stobart' to see how popular such items are, people just cant get enough of them. The biggest problem with them is that Atlas is terrible at customer service, I'm still waiting for the last three models and when they deign to answer my queries all I get is a stock answer that doesn't answer your question.

Archived