Realtrack Models looking for suggestions!

charliepetty

• RMweb Premium

Many people have suggested this, problem is the lovely Hornby Model!!!!

Please DON'T do a 156 Charlie, I have a LOT of those lovely Hornby/Lima models with a LOT of Hurst detailing kits on them! All that work...

• RMweb Premium

Please DON'T do a 156 Charlie, I have a LOT of those lovely Hornby/Lima models with a LOT of Hurst detailing kits on them! All that work...

Reverse-psychlogy.  I like your style ;)

Many people have suggested this, problem is the lovely Hornby Model!!!!

The Hornby / Lima model of the Class 156 above floor level isn't bad in my opinion, but the model is let down by the rather hideous under frame, hence the reason why the Hurst detailing makes such a difference.  If Hornby would only retool the chassis, I'd be happy with the body as is, but if per chance this is to be the next Realtrack DMU, then I'll happily buy a couple from Realtrack.

• RMweb Gold

313?

Am I right in thinking that, apart from a 73, nothing r-t-r in current Southern livery has been produced by anyone in 4mm? So 313s, 377s or 171s would be welcome if one wants to start youngsters in the south-east off with trains they can actually see.

• RMweb Premium

Am I right in thinking that, apart from a 73, nothing r-t-r in current Southern livery has been produced by anyone in 4mm? So 313s, 377s or 171s would be welcome if one wants to start youngsters in the south-east off with trains they can actually see.

The 171 has been done in Southern livery and is about to be done again.

• RMweb Gold

<needle stuck in broken gramophone record>

Yes, please. I'd like a few 377 Electrostars please.

</needle stuck in broken gramophone record>

That's better! Concise and to the point.  :sungum:  Kev.

At the NEC we are announcing TWO new units, one everyone 'may want' and another with bogies!!!!!!!    Both two car and both multi coloured.   One due for next spring and one a little later.

None are a 104 or the pretty 120's. 

Sorry Charlie

• RMweb Premium

Two car and multi coloured - that rules out anything yellow then :-D

Put me down for one of each, a red/cream 141 and a 151 as well (though I do find it strange you've only done the 151 as a 2 car unit, will you be doing the centre car later...?)  :jester: 

At the NEC we are announcing TWO new units, one everyone 'may want' and another with bogies!!!!!!!    Both two car and both multi coloured.   One due for next spring and one a little later.

None are a 104 or the pretty 120's. 

Sorry Charlie

Mystic Wombat predicts...

​Class 141 and 155 from the cryptic Yorkshireman.  Mind you my crystal ball needs some Windowlene as the image could be a 156...

Class 104 from Bachmann when they get their knickers out of a knot

​Class 120 from Dapol once they've flogged a few 121s and using their new low-profile chassis.

Mystic Wombat predicts...

​Class 141 and 155 from the cryptic Yorkshireman.  Mind you my crystal ball needs some Windowlene as the image could be a 156...

Class 104 from Bachmann when they get their knickers out of a knot

​Class 120 from Dapol once they've flogged a few 121s and using their new low-profile chassis.

NEC.    12 Days and counting.   PPS the chassis on the our new super unit has 136 separated components!  WOW.   

Archived