Realtrack Models looking for suggestions!

charliepetty

Well as I suggested on the other thread, the USA class shunter, the 07 class 0-6-0 shunter or some sort of 0-4-0 diesel shunter.

If you're looking for something a little bigger, well there's not much in the way of big diesels left, unless you went for the third rail DC loco's. So after your comment about the lack of sales of the AC kits, I'd suggest steam is your most likely port of call. If you're feeling brave how about the Duke of Gloucester? ;)

Or if you're looking for some sort of DMU what about a class 104? After all, there's the potential to go for a 110 from there.

• RMweb Premium

I'll stick with what I put in the 143/144 thread, if it's a diesel shunter, then an 07, if it's a steam shunter, then 'Bonnie Prince Charlie' as per Didcot / Poole Quay here (and how could you possibly pass up the opportunity to do a model of a loco named 'Charlie' ;) )

Guest jim s-w

The kits of thje 81 & 85 were dissapointing, only 150 ish ever sold, not convinced about overhead stuff!

Hi Charlie

To be fair though they didn't capture the look at all well. The ac loco market worth is currently based on several very poor models which (rightfully perhaps) haven't sold. Yes the air cons are a Bachmann type product but then you could argue that about a container wagon. Besides Bachmann have said they are not interested.

Cheers

Jim

I'd go with any of the remaining 1st generation DMU's. If your previous kits are owt to go by, I'd be happy.

A Doctor Foster then! Just in time for me to finish my hash, bash and mash power-trailer set.... laugh1.gif

My vote goes to the tamper. There is no rtr 00 currenlty available from any manufacturer. Bachmanns effort is a HO spectrum model that represents an old and rare prototype. With the frequent changes in the p-way companies you would have several livery options to run, plus it would compliment the Bachmann autoballasters, Dapol jna/ioa rakes and Hornby/Bachmann seacows. There must be a market for p-way if Bachmann can justify the MPV? A tapmper is a bug unit that, if motorised, would justify a loco type price tag.

You could go really mad and have dcc switched operating tamping gear... :yahoo:

is this in addition to the other request for ideas for another Wagon... or instead of another Wagon?

HI All

Wagons are still there and ones identified but lets get the PCA out first, but ideas are always welcome , but not container ones because there's still a list there to do but we dont want all our eggs in the one basket, but i would like to see some of the EWS ones done.

There will have to be more container types available from =C=Rail= for some other types of wagon to be done, but that's being sorted soon. :yes:

Regards Arran

• RMweb Premium

I'd go for the Warflat/Warwell as well. If you want a steam shunter how about a Peckett 0-6-0ST? As operated by the Metropolitan Railway/London Transport as well as by industrial concerns up and down the country.

Track machines to complement the MPV and all the NR wagons now available.

There's more to it than Tampers though. There are ballast regulators, ballast cleaners, road-railer vehicles etc.

The Speno or longer of the Loram rail grinders would be my favourite suggestion, who knows, they could be a track cleaner in disguise?

Hi Charlie

To be fair though they didn't capture the look at all well. The ac loco market worth is currently based on several very poor models which (rightfully perhaps) haven't sold. Yes the air cons are a Bachmann type product but then you could argue that about a container wagon. Besides Bachmann have said they are not interested.

Cheers

Jim

They were not interested in a Blue Pullman until Heljan started messing about with DMUs, a Blue Pullman has the chassis for 64'6" DMUs.

We have to be carefull as we don't want to cross swords with them, that's fatal!

Have to say that I'm quietly amazed that non of the main manufacturers have picked up on the lack proper MK2 aircon stock. Including DBSO's and Buffet's.

I can understand a smaller manufacturer not wanting to go head to head with a major name. But a smaller company could move quicker and mobilise manufacture across a shorter time frame.

From a Hobby'ists point of view how long have I been waiting for Bachmanns MPV to hit the shelves. It's very easy to feel that the big boys are taking the point of view that if we want it bad enough then we will wait.

It would be great to see nimbler smaller manufacturers taking advantage of the big boys slow paced momentum. Maybe in the case of MK2 aircons, there has been some gentlemanly agreement between Hornby or Bachmann where that particular outline has been "Banked" for a rainy day.

I'll happily pay the deposit now on thirty various Mk2 ircons in Blue/grey, Swallow and Virgin livery today.

Hi Charlie, any 1st generation DMUs get my vote, especially like the idea of some 123 & 124 Trans Pennine sets, you could sell some 124 MBS coaches separately for mix and match sets.

Also Charlie, did you ever get round to doing some Class 103 etched brass sides to overlay the Hornby 110 sets ?

Best regards

Craig.

They were not interested in a Blue Pullman until Heljan started messing about with DMUs, a Blue Pullman has the chassis for 64'6" DMUs.

We have to be carefull as we don't want to cross swords with them, that's fatal!

Saying that you could always produce a new DMU kit, send them one just to have a measure up to see what they think?whistle.gif

LEV1 - reason being:

- Drive systems from 143/144 would be eminnently suitable reducing some tooling cost.

- Was trialled around the network

- Single car so less tooling required, also ideal for those with a smaller layout

- The real one is preserved so should be easy to laser scan if required, also makes it suitable for those who choose to model preserved railways.

- Major RTR manaufacturers probably won't be interested in doing 1 for a number of years

- It was modified slightly during its life so option to do follow up versions to sell more than one to the collectors

- I would buy one!

LEV1 - reason being:

- Drive systems from 143/144 would be eminnently suitable reducing some tooling cost.

- Was trialled around the network

- Single car so less tooling required, also ideal for those with a smaller layout

- The real one is preserved so should be easy to laser scan if required, also makes it suitable for those who choose to model preserved railways.

- Major RTR manaufacturers probably won't be interested in doing 1 for a number of years

- It was modified slightly during its life so option to do follow up versions to sell more than one to the collectors

- I would buy one!

Thats 999 left to sell then!

Come on, do a garret. The lner one for wath would look excellent parked next to the em1 that hj are doing. The lms ones just because there were more of them, and ran over the midland from london to york and manchester.

I`m a commited diesel man, but even I would buy one. They are impressive machines, and they fill the criterior of being big but being freight machines the big un`s will take forever/never do em.

Cheesysmith

PS- or do a 141, proper leyland nation on rails.:pleasantry:

Archived