Realtrack Models looking for suggestions!

charliepetty

• 2 weeks later...

Its the one after that everyone is suggesting ideas for now. Think the inspection saloon is a none starter if Bachmann have done it in N gauge an 00 one will follow, with some luck! Id get some!

Funny you should mention the inspection saloon in 00.

I had a conversation with the Bachmann stand manager at the Manchester show last month and he poured alot of cold water on the idea being that there were to many variations on the model in its life for 00 gauge.

However I think time will tell lets await the new releases annouced next year, peronally I wouldn't be surprised to see it released. Also remember Flangeways have announced there intention to release the model, the problem being building up sufficient capital to go ahead with it, hence the smaller models first.

FSA / FTA

*Compatible with the existing C-Rail range

*Not likely to be chosen by Bachmann (I would expect them to go for the FFA/FGA if they were to do another intermodal design)

*Leaving aside the small batch of BR built lowliners it's the last currently operating Freightliner design not available in RTR....(or even a kit!)

*3 liveries (RfD, Freightliner red triangle, Freightliner green)

Downside - you'll need to sell them in 2's at least, if not 4's....

21st Century TEA's are another 'why hasn't anyone made this yet!?' model, but I suspect it's maybe the kind of thing Bachmann would eventually look at....?

Transpennine class 124 DMU please!!

Then 303/305/309 EMUs - there's enough livery variations there to keep you busy. ( not forgetting the scottish blue's)

With the 124 DMU and 309 EMU mentioned above, I would say do the 123 DMU.

Also would there be any interest in a Hastings (long) unit?

I've come to this a bit late and I appologise if I'm covering something again.

FSA / FTA

I could not agree more, FSA/FTA are long over due and the =C=Rail= containers would be an excellent compliment. Though I would personally love more Freightliner wagons, I just feel with the FSA/FTA could be a risk as i bet Dapol are all eyes here! (FEA has been and continues to be a massive seller). Thus, I suggest a few months ago that the FAA wagon could be a unique niche wagon seller. Already to compliment Arran's 40ft HighCubes and alot of people own a Bachmann EWS 66 or three!

I have also mentioned in the past a track laying machine such as the YEA Perch/Porpoise Long Welded Rail Train. A YEA (and similar track laying machinary) is very quirky, goes with EWS, GBRf, DBS, Freightliner, Colas (DRS aswell?) so alot of modelling scope. Yet of course there are problems with this, the rails it carried would need to be flexiable and it would need to contain a good few wagons in the set, ie minimum of a Perch, Porpoise and two YEA wagons. Certainly a unique and different wagon, yet they have national scope for layouts accross a good few eras. Plus i dont think the big manafacturers would make such a wagon set.

Another DMU, Cannot say yet as early days, too many preditors out there! (You dont see many lambs in the jungle).

We have no intention of letting others attack below the waterline, we need to have 15 month drawing & research work completed, Cad drawings done and ready to cut metal. Sorry but that is how it has to be. It is a DMU though!

Please Please Please, let it be either a Gloucester 100 or a Park Royal 103.

The question is what wagons do you fancy next!

;)

The Foreign wagons that have come over for years on the train ferries and later the Channel Tunnel.

Ok, but I'll ask anyway.

Amen to that, but you forgot also a class 109 or '112.

Failing that, then just give me a '104.

Not many wagony posts so far....

My vote would be for aggregate wagons of any description.

How about the humble PGA? Hasn't really been done properly by Hornby or Lima and there are stacks of different variants that were used all over the country (some still in use). Once you get the two main chassis done there are loads of options for different variants of the hopper body.

;)

The Foreign wagons that have come over for years on the train ferries and later the Channel Tunnel.

Ok then just give me a '104.

Class 103 or 100 or 116 or 104 in that order of preference would be really nice for DMUs.

Wagons - anything steel carrying starting with the BR design SPV plate, then progressing the KEV and JGV as well as single and twin bolsters.

As PMP suggested, an LWB Tube wagon, either BR STV or one of the "big 4" designs.

That is for starters.

Then you might consider a Catfish to break up the Dogfish monopoly. would go really well with a nice revamped class 40 or class 25 and recreate the Bayston Hill-Guide Bridge, or Bescot-Blodwell or Hartshill tripper or....................

A fairly straightfoward design which is sorta multiple unit would be the LMS period III motor train push pull coaches.

Bachmann have already got the locos - Ivatt 2-6-2t and Jinty tank but every sixties BR(LM) layout is crying out for a motor train in the bay platform.

Track machines to complement the MPV and all the NR wagons now available.

There's more to it than Tampers though. There are ballast regulators, ballast cleaners, road-railer vehicles etc.

The Speno or longer of the Loram rail grinders would be my favourite suggestion, who knows, they could be a track cleaner in disguise?

Just to add my support to this idea - seems popular from this thread. Also great idea to have DCC control over tamping.

One point - please make sure there is room for sound to be added - decoder, loudspeaker /s.

Please let us know what you decide.

Amen to that, but you forgot also a class 109 or '112.

Failing that, then just give me a '104.

All 57ft frame types, which I'd think Charlie will be very wary of as Bachmann already have the underframe. I'm intrigued by the bravery of the 112 though, exactly how many buyers do you think will know what it is and why it's different to Bachmann's 105?

I see the 123/124 permutations keep coming up, I'm still waiting for someone/anyone (apart from SM Mike) to show any understanding of just how many coach types would be needed.

As PMP suggested, an LWB Tube wagon, either BR STV or one of the "big 4" designs.

The problem with Tubes is which to do, given that many show only subtle variations which would be lost on many buyers (and therefore not particularly marketable IMO). Parkside have already bagged the most numerous/long lived, the BR 1/448, and the various LMS/BR designs that led up to it show a subtle design lineage with differences that are hardly any different to the casual observer. The LNER dropside one would be useful, but I couldnt see it selling like hot cakes

• RMweb Premium

I have also mentioned in the past a track laying machine such as the YEA Perch/Porpoise Long Welded Rail Train. A YEA (and similar track laying machinary) is very quirky, goes with EWS, GBRf, DBS, Freightliner, Colas (DRS aswell?) so alot of modelling scope. Yet of course there are problems with this, the rails it carried would need to be flexiable and it would need to contain a good few wagons in the set, ie minimum of a Perch, Porpoise and two YEA wagons. Certainly a unique and different wagon, yet they have national scope for layouts accross a good few eras. Plus i dont think the big manafacturers would make such a wagon set.

"Quirky" doesn't equal profit - Charlie is a Yorkie and Arran is Scottish, so they're the Ferengi equivalent in the model railway world. :no:

As much as I'd like a cwr set. there's at least 3(4?) types of wagon required and you need them in different quantities - one each of the chute, power and rail handler and then a number of the cwr carriers. There's lots of detail parts, therefore high cost.

Also many variations within the YEA/JZA fleet. IIRC, Hornby's KFA could be adapted to make some of the cwr carriers.

Regarding the load - it would have to be flexible in the lateral direction for curves, but stiff in the vertical plane so it doesn't sag. I think the Mostyn crew tried to pursue cwr loads and haven't succeeded.

FAA or FCA get my vote.

Cheers,

Mick

Archived