New Bachmann On30

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to a link on NGRM On-Line, the following have been announced by Bachmann

14 ton 1890 Stearns-Heisler. DCC fitted with a Soundtraxx Tsunami chip available as a separate item. Due Nov 2011

0-4-0 and 0-4-2 Porters are being introduced again but this time with DCC fitted with or without sound - must be a very small chip :yes: Due Aug 2011

Log Skidder - a static scenic steam winch for logging lines. Due Nov 2011

Bachmann press release here http://www.bachmanntrains.com/2011_NMRA.pdf

Mike

The 14 ton 1890 Stearns-Heisler certainly looks very nice, the price a bit steep with it DCC etc. we shall have to see if the demand exists in the UK to give a more reasonable price.

It seems from other mentions on the net that the mechanism is greatly improved, more robust parts, etc. with detailing to a higher standard than before, which is very good on Bachmann On30 anyway.

Stephen.

Be interesting to see how well the Heisler sells in the UK generally. I'm sure it will be a stunning model, but will it have the appeal of the Shay or Climax?

After the 4-6-0, I was rather hoping they would maybe go for a 2-6-2 tender Loco, with the chassis maybe being the basis for a 2-6-2T at a later stage, but looks like I've got to wait a little longer for that!

I'm betting Backwood Miniatures are already looking over the pre-production sample of the Heisler planning what they can do to improve it!

Cheers,

Stephen

Archived