How do take apart the Dapol Pug ?

I wish to blacken the wheels and the connecting rods on a newly purchased Dapol pug. I can get the cab off but that is as far as I get. I have unscrewed all four screws underneath the chassis (two are for the couplers) but nothing else seems to want to come apart. I thought I had better ask somebody before forcing anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Brian, the screw in the keeper plate should be removed then "remove the keeper plate by pushing upwards in the middle to release the clips at each end" according to the Dapol instruction sheet. I found these clips quite difficult to release, especially the rear one.

Geoff

I wish to blacken the wheels and the connecting rods on a newly purchased Dapol pug. I can get the cab off but that is as far as I get. I have unscrewed all four screws underneath the chassis (two are for the couplers) but nothing else seems to want to come apart. I thought I had better ask somebody before forcing anything.

Brian, the screw in the keeper plate should be removed then "remove the keeper plate by pushing upwards in the middle to release the clips at each end" according to the Dapol instruction sheet. I found these clips quite difficult to release, especially the rear one.

Geoff

Thank you for replying. I did not think anybody was going to answer this one ! So there are two clips at each end. I thought so and I found them to be very stiff as you did. That is why I did not want to force them until I knew for sure what I was supposed to be doing.

I will have another go soon.

It makes you wonder why they didn't just use two screws ; one at each end of the plate.

Archived