Fox nameplate sets

Hi ,

I am about to embark on my very first renumber & rename on a Hornby westcountry, & I've looked at the Fox decals website.

The products on show look to be just what I want, but, do I need to order a set of nameplates, with smokebox number, & a separate order for cabside numbers & the appropriate BR tender symbol, or are they included?

I know that some other manufacturers seem to supply everything in one package, but everyone I've spoken to strongly recommends the Fox range of products over any other make.

When I look on their website, they only show a picture of the nameplates,scroll crests & smokebox door number, there aren't any cabside numbers or BR decals

I simply want Clovelly to represent Lundy, & I hoped it would be a simple process of ordering a complete range of brass nameplates & waterslide decals to do the appropriate number & name change.

I know that I'll have to buy the orange & black lining kit as a separate entity once the model is repainted & altered appropriately, but I'm a bit stuck with the issue of names & numbers.

Sorry to appear thick, but this is the first time I've attempted this, & if I can save some money in these austere times, then so much the better.

Any help or alternative suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

When I look on their website, they only show a picture of the nameplates,scroll crests & smokebox door number, there aren't any cabside numbers or BR decals

And that's what you get in a set of etches.

You will also require a sheet of appropriate loco numbers, separate or part-made up, and BR logos, be they early, late crest, double arrow or whatever. Same goes across the board, steam and diesel, using the etching/ decal method.

Guest Max Stafford

Rob.

As a heavy user of such items, I'll confirm 'Chard's info. What you get is the nameplate and smokebox plate along with any ancillary plaque, such as you get on Bulleid's and some A4s. As for the cabside numbers and crests you need to source these separately but Fox also market these and a search of the website will find them. Be aware though that because of the way the site is organised, the cabside numbers are a bit awkward to find.

Finally, if you want a shed code plate, these are also available.

If you struggle with the cabside numbers, drop me a PM with the size and loco number you need, I may have some spare.

Dave.

Archived