KILLAGAN

colmflanagan

Colm,

Just out of picture on the operators side of 'Killagen' are what appear to be connectors used to distribute the power from board to board. Where did you pick these up, I presume they are 'male-female' connectors of some sort?

Tony

Maybe 

Colm,

Just out of picture on the operators side of 'Killagen' are what appear to be connectors used to distribute the power from board to board. Where did you pick these up, I presume they are 'male-female' connectors of some sort?

Tony

Maybe you know the answer Kieran, since Colm hasn't responded?

I'v been away Tony so only picking up on your question now.  As I was not involved in the construction of this layout I can't be specific other than they are the usual white male/female electrical connectors.

• 2 weeks later...

Colm,

Tony

Hello Tony,

Haven't been on the forum for a while,. the connectors are simple mains 2 pin plugs and sockets; I do not know fit hey are still available - they were acquired some 18 years ago for the original diorama layout from which "Killagan" evolved; on "Bleach Green" we used 3 and 4 pin XLR audio plugs which worked really well.  However, you neeed a quite a few of them if you've a lot of circuits crossing boards!

Colm

• 3 months later...

"Killagan" will be at the |Belfast model railway Show this Saturday & Sunday, running the UTA era stock for which is was built.. It will be it's final public showing by the NCC group, as we have decided to retire it. We plan to sell it complete if possible (without rolling stock, controllers and road vehicles). 

AT time of writing, we have no replacement in mind, due to our personal on going projects, The Strangford & Downpatrick Rly and the Ballycrochan  line.

Colm

That's all, folks....

"Killagan" has been at its last exhibition with the "NCC Group" and has now been sold to a buyer with railway connections in the area where it is set.  We're very happy about that - it has given us (and hopefully others!) lots of pleasure in the years since Ian Sinclair and I first brought it to the Cultra model railway day in 2004.

I shot a video over the weekend; it can be seen at https://youtu.be/MyuEc9MPAy8

Colm Flanagan

A lovely layout, it will be missed.

The video was great, a nice selection of trains, even the Rocket.

I hope we will see the trains again on another layout in the future. 

Well, I can't make any promises, but I enjoy running the stock from this era and don't want it sitting in boxes indefinitely.  I hope we'll be back.

Colm

Archived