Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Just got to work after a day operating Leaford.. All seemed to go ok apart from the normal operator errors...

Nice to meet Phil and Robrailltd from on here and also it was good to talk to so many interested parties especially those that were returning to model railways after a long time absent and learning about DCC and of course the sound that goes with it.

Thanks to Kevin once again for allowiing me to play trains and of course for weathering two of the Redbrook fleet..

Hope it goes well tomorrow..

Cheers

Scott

(ps Phil my work won't let me view videos!) :help:

Many thanks Kevin and Scott for all the very helpful advice about DCC that you generously gave me at the Brockenhurst Show today. Thanks for your patience in answering my very basic questions! Its a great layout and really good to see that something is always moving even if its Kevin on all fours!

What I have forgotten is the name of the PC software you were using.

Graeme

We were pleased to have Leaford at Brockenhurst this weekend just gone, it performed well and was popular with our members. I think we did well to fit in seeing as we did not have the dimensions for it until Kevin arrived. Hoping to see photos of it with the Grainflow polybulks in service. Unfortunately I did not take any photos of it myself.

We also had Beechshire by Keith Naish for it's first outing which made it a good show for Modern modellers.

I have checked my old Exh guides and Leaway Park and Hollybank Depot were both at Brockenhurst in May 1990, they were also both at Romse in September 1990.

We were pleased to have Leaford at Brockenhurst this weekend just gone, it performed well and was popular with our members. I think we did well to fit in seeing as we did not have the dimensions for it until Kevin arrived. Hoping to see photos of it with the Grainflow polybulks in service. Unfortunately I did not take any photos of it myself.

We also had Beechshire by Keith Naish for it's first outing which made it a good show for Modern modellers.

I have checked my old Exh guides and Leaway Park and Hollybank Depot were both at Brockenhurst in May 1990, they were also both at Romsey in September 1990.

post-5799-0-62107600-1306776177_thumb.jpg

Good gracious John you have succeeded at making me feel very old 1990 seems a very long time ago, anyway please see above a photo of your beautiful Grainflow polybulks waiting for unloading in Leaford Yard my thanks to you for the loan of them.

What a weekend again I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed myself and my thanks must go to John Dedman, Ray Clarridge and all the other members of the New Forest Model Railway Society for the invite and hopitality over the weekend (the sausages in a roll deserve a special mention), the Leaford On The Road Crew had expanded somewhat for this exhibition with my thanks due to Nigels Dad, Uncle and Mervyn for the Friday unload and setup, KIMITRAINS (Jaeson), PaulRHB (thanks as well for the pocket size Macro Route Guide), and of course the usual suspects Pitbull (Scott) and Temeraire (Ian) for doing things as neccessary, as well as driving trains, to keep Leaford running and then back to its home safely. My scincere thanks to all.

Looking forward to the next one.

Kevin.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Kevin for the opportunity to play with your railway again and run some of my fleet, and thanks to all those that made the show possible. Unfortunately I think it was all too much for the sound chip inside the Burma Star as it no longer works today!:(

• RMweb Gold

Very relaxing day with Cromptons trundling around chugging away ;) thanks Kevin.

Ian have you tried a reset on the chip? I've had this happen on two ESU decoders, apparently completely dead but when I reloaded the cv settings from the programmer they came alive again. I interrogated the dead chip and managed to read all cvs and they were identical to the settings on file.

• RMweb Premium

Ian have you tried a reset on the chip?

Hi Paul, yes I did a reset of value 8 into CV number 8, and no difference unfortunately. Its not just the sound, the lights don't work and the loco doesn't run, as well as the Prodigy info sending LED flickering so I think it has failed. The loco itself is okay because it all functions with a Bachmann chip. I might drop the chip into Howes for confirmation but I think I'm one expensive chip down now!:cry:

• RMweb Gold

Yes I'd certainly check it first, shame I'm not a little closer or I'd try a reprogram with the lokprogrammer first for you. I saved several of Kevins profiles off his locos to save time when programming up mine.

My Shanks 66 was playing completely dead too, no movement lights or sound but all came back. I did a full reprogram of every cv rather than the cv8 reset. I'll pm you to see if we can find a time to meet up and try a reprogram ;)

Hi All,

Glad you all had a good time, the layout is looking good,B) Nice to see a post from JD hope the rest of the show went well, would love to see pics of Keiths layout. Sorry to hear about the Crompton sound chip Ian hopefully you can get a reblow at no extra charge.

I might try and make it over for the 2013 show and try and do Railex as well.:D

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, as I just have become the proud owner of some of Hornbys new KFAs, if you are undecided about them I thought I would share some pictures of them with you that perhaps will help you make up your mind.

post-5799-0-66138600-1307866423_thumb.jpg

post-5799-0-87298800-1307866458_thumb.jpg

post-5799-0-00685800-1307866529_thumb.jpg

post-5799-0-30507200-1307866553_thumb.jpg

post-5799-0-10049400-1307866586_thumb.jpg

Loaded with Bachmann 20'Containers.

post-5799-0-31080800-1307866610_thumb.jpg

Kadee couplings No 18 fitted can easily cope with 24" radius corners on Leaford without buffer lock.

I hope this is of help for some.

Many thanks to Hornby for producing a fantastic wagon :yahoo: .

Regards.

Kevin.

• Like 3

They look good Kevin, even better when you work your magic them.. Might have to get some for my layout.

Hope all is well,had a good day Friday at the West Somerset Railway,shame you couldnt make it.

Hope to catch up soon.

Cheers

Scott

• 5 weeks later...

Visitors to Leaford.

A couple of Pitbulls locos ready for our play day at Exford on Friday.

DRS 37 510 arrives on a Flask Train.

post-5799-0-44574100-1310407684_thumb.jpg

"Rebecca" theres a name in the news at the moment (different spelling) 47 727 catches the sun.

post-5799-0-50584000-1310407798_thumb.jpg

Earlier on in this thread I stated I would like a banger blue class 31, well I have been working on an old Lima one thats been in the loft for a number of years, now it is running on a new Hornby chassis, there is just summat about the Lima 31.

post-5799-0-14296200-1310408048_thumb.jpg

Cheers for now.

Kevin.

• Like 5

Hi Kevin, the locos are looking good, thanks.

I see the container traffic has improved at Leaford, can we have a photo of the container lorry, loader and containers please??

Another 31 too, nice...

Cheers

Scott

Yes Scott, inspired by layout threads like Redbridge Maritime and Warren Lane and especially the new Hornby KFA I decided that I to had too have some of this container action, what I eventually am going to do is look at some of the side door 20' containers as used on military stuff, Ideal for the KFA and Leaford. Anyway as requested a picture of the loader (bought second hand and already giving trouble :angry: )

post-5799-0-99280400-1310415817_thumb.jpg

and an overall picture of the yard,

post-5799-0-43917100-1310415857_thumb.jpg

the lorry not finished so no pictures yet!!!

Kevin

• Like 2

Yes Scott, inspired by layout threads like Redbridge Maritime and Warren Lane and especially the new Hornby KFA I decided that I to had too have some of this container action, what I eventually am going to do is look at some of the side door 20' containers as used on military stuff, Ideal for the KFA and Leaford. Anyway as requested a picture of the loader (bought second hand and already giving trouble :angry: )

post-5799-0-99280400-1310415817_thumb.jpg

and an overall picture of the yard,

post-5799-0-43917100-1310415857_thumb.jpg

the lorry not finished so no pictures yet!!!

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Love all your photos; Love the Maintenance work going on with the fork cliff truck... :yahoo:

Keep up the excellent photos, when are you next outing to a show with this Layout? :unsure:

Regards :drinks:

Jamie

Visitors to Leaford.

A couple of Pitbulls locos ready for our play day at Exford on Friday.

DRS 37 510 arrives on a Flask Train.

post-5799-0-44574100-1310407684_thumb.jpg

"Rebecca" theres a name in the news at the moment (different spelling) 47 727 catches the sun.

post-5799-0-50584000-1310407798_thumb.jpg

Earlier on in this thread I stated I would like a banger blue class 31, well I have been working on an old Lima one thats been in the loft for a number of years, now it is running on a new Hornby chassis, there is just summat about the Lima 31.

post-5799-0-14296200-1310408048_thumb.jpg

Cheers for now.

Kevin.

Hi Kevin again

Your DRS 37 510 photo, is that the ne Bachmann Nuclear flask wagon or one you have made yourself...

Excellent work as always Kevin...

Love to come to this thead to see all your excellent photos.

Regards

Jamie