Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

• RMweb Premium

This is well worth the hassle from PaulRHB.

You should be happy to shout about the quality of your work.

If you have more photo's, please post, I can see this being very influential.

Thanks Hampshire Hog:D

del00

Hi guys, many thanks for your kind comments, Leaford is a U shaped end to end layout approx 4m x 1.5m and has attended half a dozen exhibitions, Control is by DCC including pointwork, all of the locos and units that are used are sound chipped using Locsound chips, unfortunateley most of the pictures I posted did not give much of an NSE flavour mainly because I posted what was considered to be the best, there will more to follow.

I am having a few senior moments as I am not very computor friendly, I hope that this post is actually readable.

Again many thanks.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Like Grimley, I like the last pic with the Scorpions on the MODAs and the VEA vans behind, cool.gif It reminds me of when I worked at Eastleigh East Yard, and used to see the MOD trains coming and going. Keep the pics coming would love to see more.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter,

Hi guys, many thanks for your kind comments, Leaford is a U shaped end to end layout approx 4m x 1.5m and has attended half a dozen exhibitions, Control is by DCC including pointwork, all of the locos and units that are used are sound chipped using Locsound chips, unfortunateley most of the pictures I posted did not give much of an NSE flavour mainly because I posted what was considered to be the best, there will more to follow.

I am having a few senior moments as I am not very computor friendly, I hope that this post is actually readable.

Again many thanks.

Kevin

I'm trying to think which show I saw it at - thought it looked familiar!

Hi guys, the 47's 47114 Triple Grey and 47513 Large Logo are modified Bachmann and 47844 Inter-City livery is a standard ViTrains,

Some more piccys

Again not very NSE but it is my favourite train at the moment, A special working from north of the border

post-5799-12592640240387_thumb.jpg

The destination of the bus is maybe a clue to one of the exhibitions we have been to, A free shuttle to a local model railway show provided by a Wilts & Dorset Bristol K.

post-5799-12592640648436_thumb.jpg

Class 33/2 collects the empty stock for a trip to London Waterloo

post-5799-12592639658794_thumb.jpg

My regards to you all,

Kevin

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Well done on this amazing layout it gives off that early 1990's era perfectly.

I really like your MOD train I was also what model you used for the scorpion or the AFV/432 vehicles as I would like to add some military vehicles to my layout eventually?

Keep the photos coming

Colin

Hi Hampshire Hog

Some great looking shots there in you first post!! Can I what manufacture the Railfreight VEA wagons are and do you know if they are still in production - I am after a load of these for my "one day I will get round to building a layout" ;)

Cheers

Paul

Hi Guys, you are very kind with your comments, firstly to answer some of your questions:-

The VEA vans are Parkside Dundas Kits and as far as I am aware they are still available.

The Army Tanks are made to 1/76 scale by Airfix and are called Scorpions (No longer in use)although a different gun is provided in the kit which makes them Scimitars (Still currently in use with the army so my friendly expert tells me) again this kit is still available I am told.

The Warflats and Warwells are made by Genesis and are available from Modern Structures In Minature.

The size of the layout is approx 4m X 1.5m and the gap in the middle is Approx .5m just acceptable to my sylph like figure!.

And secondly some more pictures

The VEA vans wait unloading at the depot

post-5799-12593554321313_thumb.jpg

Dutch Class 73 73138 (20 year old Lima still with pancake motor) waits its next shunting move.

post-5799-1259355457905_thumb.jpg

PJA Cartic 4 awaits collection after repair from Leaford Yard.

post-5799-12593554711362_thumb.jpg

My regards

Kevin

• Like 8

I knew it would be popular HH, it just oozes quality, and its also a great layout to watch for ages, as I did at Wimborne... Almost to the point of becoming obsessive. lol

I even showed these pics to my other half who actually complemented it! That is an achievment as normally she calls them stupid dumb trains! She also threw down the gauntlet saying "your's will never look that good", now that is a challenge. I know she's right but I'm determined to have a good go.. Have you considered letting EWS run wild on it?? My sound fleet is growing. thumbsup.gif

Scott

• Like 2