Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Hi Kevin, Hope you are well. I am glad Leaford has a new home. I certainly  enjoyed  my visit and go at operating Leaford. 

Hope you are enjoying Millway Dock it looks great, any plans for extending it now you have the room.

Cheers Peter.

Sorry to be confusing in the title Kylestrome I will sort it out as soon as I fathom out how?

Hi Pete, I hope you are well in these difficult times, I have already given some thought to another layout by purchasing some additional baseboards the same dimensions as Millway Dock and using the existing support legs and fiddle yards, not some much an extension but a new project perhaps something a bit more rural.

Kevin

• Like 2

Early morning at Millway Dock, driver of BRS AEC Mandater has gone for a pee in the process of sheeting down his fresh load of animal feed, it’s probably the excitement of having a load on new fangled pallets for a change, rather than the usual handball!! In the meantime shutter D3105 carries on with its business.

58EF9E04-6FE5-4EF6-8A11-69B256BDB6D5.jpeg

• Like 9

• Hampshire Hog changed the title to Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Work continues at Millway Dock, another load of animal feed this time on a BRS ERF KV waits to be roped and sheeted, whilst Robson’s Foden waits for the crane to unload its concrete manhole rings, he hopes he can get away quickly as he will loose his return load. In the meantime LPA ‘s Sentinal no 8 “Tiger” waits for its next move.

7829061E-7034-4178-B1DD-1112FCE5AA53.jpeg

• Like 13

Wow, I think I have a long way to go before I can create anything like that, what a fantastic job, it would be interesting to see how the modern cruise ships would look in model form built to the same scales as above, for example the QE2 was approx 65000. tonnes (which was considered as big by any standard) whereas the Oasis of the Seas weighs in at approx 220,000.tonnes. Thanks for that Nigel.

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

A full size cruise ship to hide a stool while sitting in front of the layout ;) 

Blimey that would be some stool, I'd bring a shovel and put it on me roses! ;)

• Funny 4

On 10/04/2020 at 17:05, Hampshire Hog said:

Wow, I think I have a long way to go before I can create anything like that, what a fantastic job, it would be interesting to see how the modern cruise ships would look in model form built to the same scales as above,

Surely all you need is a pile of breeze blocks and some white paint? Careful though that it doesn't turn out too elegant.

• Funny 1

On 05/04/2020 at 04:23, Hampshire Hog said:

Sorry to be confusing in the title Kylestrome I will sort it out as soon as I fathom out how?

Hi Pete, I hope you are well in these difficult times, I have already given some thought to another layout by purchasing some additional baseboards the same dimensions as Millway Dock and using the existing support legs and fiddle yards, not some much an extension but a new project perhaps something a bit more rural.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, We are going ok. Good to hear you are thinking of doing something else.

Cheers Peter.

8 hours ago, BernardTPM said:

Surely all you need is a pile of breeze blocks and some white paint? Careful though that it doesn't turn out too elegant.

Hi Bernard I don’t know what you mean!DE0D4058-DC66-4D47-8D17-517B2DC1D142.jpeg.2f2cb89dee6655cb48983a7b52b24643.jpeg

I suppose they are the same as any other machine, designed to a job efficiently, safely, and also be able to cope with worst conditions that the weather can throw at them, satisfy the needs of 6500 individuals and make lots of money for their owners, there is not a lot left to look good. Kevin

Edited by Hampshire Hog
spelling correction
  • Agree 3

41 minutes ago, P.C.M said:

Thanks Kevin, We are going ok. Good to hear you are thinking of doing something else.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Pete it is good to hear you are well, I have some buildings that I built many years ago for Leaway Park that never got used, it is a shame not to use them, I am hoping to be able to use them. Cheers Kevinimage.jpg.d90b58a2c28ac98bd2d7c1a86311466d.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hampshire Hog said:

Hi Pete it is good to hear you are well, I have some buildings that I built many years ago for Leaway Park that never got used, it is a shame not to use them, I am hoping to be able to use them. Cheers Kevinimage.jpg.d90b58a2c28ac98bd2d7c1a86311466d.jpg

Nice, It would be a shame not to use them.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ess1uk said:

Glad the layout has gone to a good home.

Yes ess1uk I am very lucky that Rhys took Leaford on and plans to develop it further. I am sorry to say that the Brockenhurst show has been postponed until possibly later in the year, depending how long this horrid Coronavirus crisis continues meaning Millway Docks second show appearance will not now happen in May.

One of LPA’s Sentinal no 7 threads it’s way through the narrowest part of the dock with a mixed freight. Kevin

F40D868F-4F83-462C-A0DD-1101EDA57ED7.jpeg.177e3ed536fa171d6a9dddcee1311f4b.jpeg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...