Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Hi,

I love your night scene photos of your Layout, they look Superb...give the layout a bit of atmosphere and it looks great.

Any More photos for the night scene would be appreciated.

Warm Regards

Jamie

Hi Guys, Thankyou Jamie, as requested - I hope you like them.

Class 37 on Cement.

post-5799-12604354431017_thumb.jpg

"What time of day do you call this then?"

post-5799-12604354963196_thumb.jpg

Class 31 pauses at Leaford.

post-5799-12604355963014_thumb.jpg

I will not be able to post on here for the next couple of weeks, as I have to find my sea legs and sail around the med, God life can be tough!

Have a good christmas and my best regards.

Kevin.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I hope that you were all good in 2009 and Father Christmas brought you what you wanted? my 2010 present is already sorted a Hornby 4VEP (Well I hope so, the misses needs a new car - that could make for an expensive 4VEP!)

With your permission I thought I would post a few more photos, I hope that you like them.

Another shot of 33/1 and 4TC

Class 50 50002 "Superb" ready to leave for Eastleigh on a van train.

post-5799-12621568642622_thumb.jpg

Class 58 couples on to loaded BDA.

post-5799-12621571070371_thumb.jpg

Here is hoping that you all have a happy and prosperous new year.

My best regards.

Kevin

post-5799-12621570446316_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Kevin,

Happy New Year to you and your family,

Thanks for the pics. Nice one of the class 50, I remember seeing a NSE 50 arriving at Eastleigh on a special MOD train from Dinton, I uncoupled the loco and it went LE straight back to Salisbury.

Cheers Peter,

Hi Kevin,

Happy New Year to you and your family,

Thanks for the pics. Nice one of the class 50, I remember seeing a NSE 50 arriving at Eastleigh on a special MOD train from Dinton, I uncoupled the loco and it went LE straight back to Salisbury.

Cheers Peter,

Many thanks Peter,

I have lived on the Waterloo to Exeter route all of my life and have never seen a Class 50 on anything other than passenger, I thought I was pushing my luck using my 50's on freights, but now you have related your experience I now feel that I have been prototypical after all.

I am sorry about the pictures being out of sequence in my post above, I am afraid to say another senior moment occured!

Again a Happy New Year to you all, and another shot of 50002.

post-5799-12621924511382_thumb.jpg

Kevin

• Like 3

Hi Kevin,

No worries, I didn't see it but was told one of the DCWA 50s like 50042 pictured above, did work a ballast out of Eastleigh one Sunday, so you could have one on ballast.biggrin.gif Pretty sure 50002 'Superb' was a Mule loco NSSA.

Cheers Peter,

Hi Kevin,

Good to see some more photos of Leaford again, the 50 looks great. I have found one photo in my collection that has one on an engineers working. So I think its safe to say that you can get away with it, all of us agree.. :D post-6849-12622599418084_thumb.jpg

Have you considered mentioning when Leaford is going to be out and about, I know there are a few dates coming up. I'm sure your fans would like to see it in the flesh!

cheers

Scott

• Like 3

Hi Guys, many thanks to Chris B, Robrailltd, Pitbull 1845 and P.C.M. for the photos and recollections of "50's on Freight" - fantastic lads, the only way that I feel that I can show my apreciation is to try and model some of their content, here are a couple of photos.

post-5799-12622735876181_thumb.jpg

post-5799-12622736763458_thumb.jpg

I will post some more.

To Benbow I used to live on the east side of Andover and the climb up to St Mary Bourne always produced superb sound effects - not only from 50's but 47's and 33's, and I am old enough to remember Warships and my favourite Hymeks as well(10.44 paper train on a still frosty night was something else), I know I am a sad old git hence the senior moments!

To Poindexter, as requested a couple of photos of my BDA,s these wagons are Cambrian Kits and are probally at least 15 years old, and have clocked up a few miles on my older layouts.

post-5799-12622742661435_thumb.jpg

The loads are (I think they are called) Evergreen plastic section cut to lenth, the steel rod is florist wire which is cheap to buy and adds badly needed weight.

post-5799-12622746215633_thumb.jpg

I will post Leafords exhibition dates as soon as they are finalised, have a good one tonight, a Happy New year and my best regards.

Kevin

• Like 5

Ditto.

I would also like to know on the straps. They look very good, the entire loads on the BDA's.

Hi Guys, and for those feeling a bit sensitive today, HI GUYS!!! To Poindexter and Matt Chivers the webbing I use for load securing is masking tape, at one days time Howes of Oxford used to supply some that was the ideal thickness and material and all you had to do was paint it a more appropriate colour but I am not sure that this is still available, so now I use car masking tape ??“ cut into the correct width strips and then painted, its self-adhesive qualities also ensure that it holds itself in position until a more permanent fixture can be provided.

A photo of a BDA loaded with Steel Rod (Florists Wire) and secured as described above, and another wagon that was of interest previously an SEA!

post-5799-12623598061056_thumb.jpg

Hello Yellowvanman, I to remember Network Days any where you like in the area for a pound, wouldn't it be good if Southwest Trains did the same! The problem with tail lamps in the middle of the train is caused by long trains and a short headshunt, all of the longer trains on Leaford have to be split in order to get them into the depot road, and because of this the outer wagons (fitted with tail lamps) now meet in the middle.

A class 56 attracts attention as it starts it train.

post-5799-12623601890169_thumb.jpg

A Class 33/1 on a spoil train

post-5799-12623603710563_thumb.jpg

As if you have not seen enough of Leaford already, It will be at the Alton show on the 6th and 7th Feb 2010 please come and say hello.

My best regards

Kevin

• Like 2

Hi Paul, Happy New Year, we had a great time on holiday thanks, and yes it does look like electrification looms! (Pardon the Pun) what with ready to run VEPs, EPBs and Bratchel doing some interesting stuff.

Class 56 arrives at Leaford to rescue a failure.

post-5799-12623617771649_thumb.jpg

See you soon and my best regards.

Kevin

• Like 2

Hi ALL and Happy New Year to Everyone...

Just to say that I love the night Scenes you have created and the Yard lights etc... and not forgetting as always the excellent photo shots...really great my friend...!

Warm Regards

Jamie

Dear Kevin,

I've just viewed your Leaford photos. I really like the layout, especially the consistency of the detailing, the lighting and the variety of stock.

Did you really get a Hornby (sic) 4 VEP for Christmas?!!

Regards,

Colin Parks

hi all im a newbie looking to get back in to railway modeling but just wanted to say that i love this layout as its set in the era i grew up in. I to remember the go anywhere for a pound nse days andi did literally go every where for a pound back in the day if i can build a modern ish era layout half as good as this i will be very happy and will be coming to alto to have a good look at this layout

with thanks jon

Hi Guys, many thanks for the kind comments, in answer to a request about the ballast used on Leaford ??“ it is Woodland Scenics Medium Dark Brown B78 which looks like N Gauge ??“ in all honesty I have always used N Gauge stuff on previous layouts as it looks much more scale like for OO to my eyes, and the colour doesn??™t matter much either as the track is then sprayed with Railmatch Track Colour paint.

This method looks good to my taste, but the big problem is cleaning all of the dried pva and paint off the surface of the track and particularly the blades of the points afterwards.

post-5799-12625080811633_thumb.jpg

To Colin, I love Newhaven Harbour it really captures the look and feel of the railways in that area, and it is not short on detail itself, shame about the colour of the JCB though ??“ just kidding?!! Unfortunately I did not receive a Hornby VEP for Christmas 2009 that is planned for Christmas 2010 ??“ Hornby say 3rd quarter so it should be out in time, I am certainly looking forward to it, as I am sure that you are.

NSE Class 33/0 shunts the yard.

post-5799-12625081747426_thumb.jpg

A busy time at the depot.

post-5799-12625082691941_thumb.jpg

I look forward to seeing you at Alton on the 6th and 7th February 2010

Regards

Kevin

• Like 2