Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Hornby say 3rd quarter so it should be out in time

I do like a good joke ;)

Layout is looking as good as ever, particularly like the cromptons - a personal favourite. They do look good in NSE (then again so do most things).

Fantastic layout! How long has this took to build?

Also, what's the livery on your brake van? And what kind of stock should I use for steel?

Hi guys on this very chilly morning, well it is here anyway!! may I thank you and everybody else who look in on this thread for the interest - Good morning Dudley Dodger - Leaford has been around now for three years and with signalling and electrification still to do it will hopefully be around a while yet, is this the brakevan and livery that you mean ?

post-5799-12625942286034_thumb.jpg

I have always known this livery as ???Sectorisation??? and was the wagon livery to compliment the triple grey freight loco colours, memorable because the owning sector had its own identity marking (almost heraldry) as far as I am aware most of the wagons to carry this livery were from the coal and distribution sectors, if anyone knows different please let us know?

Some more wagons in "Sectorisation" Livery

post-5799-12625944090677_thumb.jpg

"50's on Freight"

post-5799-12625945027027_thumb.jpg

Some more on steel trains in my next post

My best regards

Kevin

• Like 5

hi just wanted to say that i love all the modern image layouts on here as its the era i grew up with i love the detail that has been put in to the layouts and could only dream of owning or building a layout this good so thank you for keeping me interested in one day having one

really loving this layout......

its giving me some good inspiration

can anyone tell me what the low releif warehouses are ? Who makes/sells them?

thanks,

Neil

Hi guys, again thank you for your kind comments, the low relief warehouses are a mixture of a customised Pikestuff kit, and scratch built, as promised some more photos of steel stuff this time Cambrian BBA??™s and BAA??™s.

post-5799-12627626364387_thumb.jpg

And they are collected from Leaford yard by a suitable grid.

post-5799-1262762726827_thumb.jpg

And finally something a bit different.

post-5799-12627628081668_thumb.jpg

I hope that you like them

Best regards.

Kevin

• Like 3

PCM wrote

???Hi Kevin,

Nice pics, I do like the crane, I have only got a far as buying the Dapol kit. One of the many things on my to do list.

Cheers Peter,???

Hello Peter,

I am sure that you know that the Airfix/Dapol Crane virtually builds itself, which is a testament to how advanced it was for its time, and I don??™t think that there is any crane better in 4mm to this day, which got me thinking does anybody know when this Airfix kit was introduced in the first place.

Pitbull 1845 wrote

???Some more great pictures Kevin, looks like I might be off on the weekend of the Alton show so I hope to pop up and say hi...

Cheers

Scott???

Hello Scott,

That will be good, perhaps you will be able to spare enough time to have a go

Another photo some more steel stuff.

post-5799-12627917362593_thumb.jpg

Regards.

Kevin.

• Like 3

Hi Kevin, excellent photos of the metals grid on the slabs.

Would you mind telling us how you made/weathered your slabs?

Hi Grimleygrid, I am glad that you like the steel slab loads on the BBAs and BAAs, they are cut to size from 6mm thick soft plastic sheet (the sort of stuff that signs are made of these days) and then painted with Railmatch Oily Steel paint and dry brushed with rust colour and weathered black paint.

Also I have been asked for some pics of the 73s used on Leaford well at present these are the two fitted with sound chips, I hope that you like them.

Class 73/0 73001

post-5799-12628760234748_thumb.jpg

Class 73/1 73138

post-5799-12628760711147_thumb.jpg

Hi Pitbull1845, I am sure that there will be other stuff at Alton that will be of interest to you?

My best regards.

Kevin.

• Like 3

I had a quick go at operating this layout at Wimbourne and Andover last year and it is truely superb. I was very impressed with your weathering Kevin, inspired me to go and 'ruin' a couple of models!

Hope to see it out and about again soon, don't think I can make Alton unfortunately.

• RMweb Gold

I had a quick go at operating this layout at Wimbourne and Andover last year and it is truely superb. I was very impressed with your weathering Kevin, inspired me to go and 'ruin' a couple of models!

Hope to see it out and about again soon, don't think I can make Alton unfortunately.

Stunning, stunning, stunning!

Hi Kevin

Love the recent set of photos in including the ones of the steel blooms and the crane. Can I ask what wagons you have used to form the support wagons for the crane? I have made the Dapol crane but as of yet not worked out how to create appropriate support wagon for 1980s era version.

Thanks.

Paul