Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Here are a couple of my pics from the day. It was great to catch up again Kevin, the layout looks superb and was great fun to operate, the afternoon just flew by.

All the best Peter.

post-7022-0-68409500-1476654944_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-07006400-1476654965_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-65612200-1476654983_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-73996100-1476655001_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-98614300-1476655018_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Here are a couple of my pics from the day. It was great to catch up again Kevin, the layout looks superb and was great fun to operate, the afternoon just flew by.

All the best Peter

My thanks for the photos Pete and it was certainly a great day, I am pleased that you enjoyed it I certainly did,  I look forward to another visit again in the future, also my thanks are due to the other RM Webbers who also made my day so enjoyable.

My best regards,

Kevin.

• Like 1

Hi

Nice photos, how do you rate the new Dapol class 73, detailing looks good, but not seen one running, are they smooth at low speeds?

Jamie

Hi Jamie, to answer your question on my thoughts on the Dapol 73:- " It is a very finely detailed accurate well designed powerful model that runs with supurb   smooth slow speed", but with a couple of shortcomings, firstly - the well documented livery problems and secondary - it can be problematic in its current collection . As they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are a couple of pictures of my solutions to overcome this models shortcomings:-

post-5799-0-23327800-1477226382.jpg

My model of 73 138 with roof and lower bodyside sprayed Railfreight Grey, some may not be able to, but I can live with Dapol's shade of yellow.

post-5799-0-10089100-1477226398.jpg

Extra pickups fitted to the same model. 

I hope that you like it, I have three Dapol class 73's in use on Leaford and they are some of my best detailed models and thier haulage power and running qualities are superb (very important when having to climb the steep ramps) my best regards,

Kevin.

Edited by Hampshire Hog
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I am so pleased that I have now received both of my new models from Make Your Mark Models and I know Pitbull and Temeraire expressed an interest in seeing a picture, so here they arriving at Leaford Town Yard being hauled by 33 002.

post-5799-0-63818600-1478437177.jpg

Many thanks Mark they are just fantastic.

Meanwhile over in the Docks a couple of guys are demonstrating what to do if your ladder is too short!!, mind you they must be safety conscious judging by the colour of thier van.

post-5799-0-31304400-1478437638.jpg

Cheerio for now,

Kevin

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

If only I was still modelling... :jester:

We could have built a new layout yesterday if I'd brought my tools!

Cranes look superb, I'm glad I've got a big list at the mo to prevent me being tempted by a similar version to Scott. If you want one as a display model Scott it can visit modern Lulworth anytime.

I am so pleased that I have now received both of my new models from Make Your Mark Models and I know Pitbull and Temeraire expressed an interest in seeing a picture, so here they arriving at Leaford Town Yard being hauled by 33 002.

attachicon.gifsmall 2 37.jpg

Meanwhile over in the Docks a couple of guys are demonstrating what to do if your ladder is too short!!, mind you they must be safety conscious judging by the colour of thier van.

attachicon.gifsmall 2 36.jpg

Cheerio for now,

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Loving the cranes too, and also the 'pragmatic' use of the van as an extra ladder - we had some roofers doing work on the house that did the same trick recently - I just looked away..

I'm in the same camp as Scott at the moment I'm afraid but enjoy the regular updates from Leaford.

Phil

• 1 month later...

Just a quick up-date, I am slowly working through my bucket list of stuff I have always wanted on a layout, and inspired by a photo of a cargo ship in port on a large American layout sent to me by my mate Nigel Crow, and also by Carl1967 in his scratch built Hebridean Ferry thread from a couple years back, I decided to build a ship especially as I now have a dock for it, unfortunately I do not have enough room or the skills to scratch build a beautiful ferry like Carl1967 or the ferry port it would need, so it would have to be a ship suitable for the docks at Leaford.

Nigel told me that the container ship on the American layout appeared to be a Deans Marine Kit and close by him was a shop specializing in Radio Control ships, so further research scanning through the interweb I found a more suitable smaller freighter ship kit made by Deans Marine called the M V Timrex which is scaled at 1/72 and built in the 70s, so we went to Nigels local shop and MV Timrex was duly ordered.

I have modified the kit as I have built it to make it a bit more scale like and as Leaford Docks is a bit short of cranes it is fitted with its own unloading facility? although the ship itself is more or less completed it still has to be properly merged into its correct position alongside the dock.

post-5799-0-83549200-1481981229.jpg

Kevin.

• Like 17

attachicon.gifsmall 2 37.jpg

attachicon.gifsmall 2 36.jpg

Cheerio for now,

Kevin

Grreat updates as usual :) aren't the Cranes an excellent piece of kit! Suitable for any layout and get everyone asking were they from who made that.... ;) i also have both Jon @ Peakdaleworks made both up and painted / weathered them up for me also there my favourite piece of stock! Heres the YOB he did before i sent back and asked for weathering too ;)

Thanks.

post-10797-0-28303000-1482163008.jpg

• Like 8

Grreat updates as usual :) aren't the Cranes an excellent piece of kit! Suitable for any layout and get everyone asking were they from who made that.... ;) i also have both Jon @ Peakdaleworks made both up and painted / weathered them up for me also there my favourite piece of stock! Heres the YOB he did before i sent back and asked for weathering too ;)

Thanks.

Yes Richard the cranes are certainly an excellent piece of kit, mine have not stopped being moved from one yard to t'other since they have arrived, they both to me capture something very rare in oo guage models the feeling/look of weight, particularly the 12 tonner, it looks heavy even though the model is not, I hope that they continue to give you as much enjoyment as they do for me.

Best regards.

Kevin

• Like 1

Yes Richard the cranes are certainly an excellent piece of kit, mine have not stopped being moved from one yard to t'other since they have arrived, they both to me capture something very rare in oo guage models the feeling/look of weight, particularly the 12 tonner, it looks heavy even though the model is not, I hope that they continue to give you as much enjoyment as they do for me.

Best regards.

Kevin

Hello Kevin, yes indeed heavy looking piece of kit and very beefy too! Hours of fun like you say. Also great video Nigel complete with Salmon's, i witnessed both types of crane in operation near me lifting track sections and other parts one night years ago was very interesting to watch also :) Happy Christmas and all the best gents.

Guest 40-something

I've just spent the past few days reading this whole thread, cant believe I never looked at it before.  What a cracking layout.

I spent a fair bit of time in South London and the south coast 1989-1993 surrounded by NSE EMU's, 33's & 73's and this layout captures the stock and era perfectly.  

Looking forward to the next update!!!