Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

I like those Kevin :) I keep meaning to do an XR3i with boot and bonnet up.

I shall look forward to seeing the XR3i Paul, what engine will you use?

Another Volkswagon Van.

post-5799-0-82732000-1488810827.jpg

And the latest aquisition to Leafords shunter fleet, Hornbys 08 834.

post-5799-0-43404600-1488810958.jpg

Its nice to hear from you Pete, more wagons still to come.

Cheerio for now.

Kevin

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Scratchbuild I've downloaded photos and I reckon a flat plate with blocks on it to make the major parts will work ok with dry brushing to lift out the detail and hide the lack of depth. Or I stick a model of Adrian under the bonnet trying to figure out what's wrong ;)

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was having a chat with a good friend of 30 years Nigel Leadbetter (amongst others) about finding a crane to replace the ageing Airfix now Dapol dockside crane that lives in Leaford Docks, a couple of weeks ago he called into visit and he brought with him a crane for me to see, he had done much research and had come up with a crane based on an old Stottard & Pitt design of similar type that frequents under preserved status Southampton Docks, I fell in love with it immediately but sadly had to give it back as it still needs to be completed, it uses parts from both the Airfix/Dapol and also a Pola 705 dockside cranes with a lot of scratchbuilding to blend the two together,  I cant wait for its return. I managed to get a picture before it had to be returned, Many thanks Nigel.

post-5799-0-43730800-1493028716.jpg

Also the postman visited bringing a must have newcomer to the loco fleet, from those fine people in Cornwall at Kernow Model Centre.

post-5799-0-35359500-1493028964.jpg

It is good.

Best regards,

Kevin.

• Like 14

Molly J Looks superb Kevin, the crane will certainly add to the scene. I think a small tug tied up next to Molly J would look good too.

Cheers Peter.

Cheers Pete, I am not sure about a tug but I have already thought about a small Bunkers Barge, unfortunately I cant show the picture I would like to because of copyright, but I will show another which will give an idea although mine will be a lot smaller and will not be pushed around by tugs.

post-5799-0-10664600-1493146965.jpg

To Temeraire, Melangoose and Pitbull, thankyou for your welcome comments and as you all know you are welcome to visit.

Kevin.

• Like 4

Cheers Pete, I am not sure about a tug but I have already thought about a small Bunkers Barge, unfortunately I cant show the picture I would like to because of copyright, but I will show another which will give an idea although mine will be a lot smaller and will not be pushed around by tugs.

attachicon.gifsmall 2 69.jpg

To Temeraire, Melangoose and Pitbull, thankyou for your welcome comments and as you all know you are welcome to visit.

Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

That would look  good. I guess it would be a scratch built one as I am sure there wouldn't be a kit for one. 

Cheers Peter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Kevin,

Some great pics, I like that crane, very nice. The new arrivals are looking good too, the transits on the carflats look great. I  have a Warwell on it's way and will get a tiger at some point they are a wagon I have always wanted.

Cheers Peter. 

Hi Kevin,

Some great pics, I like that crane, very nice. The new arrivals are looking good too, the transits on the carflats look great. I  have a Warwell on it's way and will get a tiger at some point they are a wagon I have always wanted.

Cheers Peter. 

They are lovely wagons Pete, I am sure you will not be disappointed, I have to be honest looking around Leaford and seeing all of the recent wagons introduced over the last few years including Bachmann Polybulks, Dapol Silver Bullets, Cambrian Sturgeons, Hornby Freightliner - and then consider what was available 20 years ago we really are not doing too badly are we, and we still do not know what the future may bring, Bachmann early Freightliners etc.

post-5799-0-09556600-1501434993.jpg

post-5799-0-46444900-1501435011.jpg

Best regards.

Kevin

• Like 9

They are lovely wagons Pete, I am sure you will not be disappointed, I have to be honest looking around Leaford and seeing all of the recent wagons introduced over the last few years including Bachmann Polybulks, Dapol Silver Bullets, Cambrian Sturgeons, Hornby Freightliner - and then consider what was available 20 years ago we really are not doing too badly are we, and we still do not know what the future may bring, Bachmann early Freightliners etc.

attachicon.gifsmall 2 73.jpg

attachicon.gifsmall 2 71.jpg

Best regards.

Kevin

I know Kevin we are spoilt  these days. though the prices are getting scary. I picked up a couple of Ploybulks for a good price the other day though, It's still nice to get a bargain now and then. 

That last pic of the Tigers is really nice, might have to get two myself.

Cheers Peter.

I know Kevin we are spoilt  these days. though the prices are getting scary. I picked up a couple of Ploybulks for a good price the other day though, It's still nice to get a bargain now and then. 

That last pic of the Tigers is really nice, might have to get two myself.

Cheers Peter.

I agree the prices are getting scary, but if you look at all of  the seperately fitted pipes and bits and pieces on the Tigers and Polybulks for instance - and then just park them on a siding somewhere that they can be easily seen and admired, or perhaps couple them up to your favourite loco, it is easy to convince yourself that they are good value and it all makes sence, I personally make savings on other luxuries like food and stuff.

Anyway to continue with some older pickies, Locos are stabled at Leaford Town waiting thier next turn of duty,

post-5799-0-00740100-1501602958.jpg

Best regards.

Kevin.

• Like 8

Ha ha food is so over rated. The detail on these wagons is so good all we have to do is some weathering. 

Keep the pics coming mate alway good to see what you have been up to.

Cheers Peter.

• Funny 1