Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

• 1 month later...

Hi Kevin

That cl450 in SWT looks the bomb man!

Tempted to buy one but those prices are going steep just lately on all the new releases on my wish list.

Still always great to see the modern and the 80's that are the norm we see, does that mean you have to put a steam loco on now just to cover all era's lol

Love your work, keep posting those photos on here, they are always a great pleasure to look at on your layout.

Jamie

I've just spent an enjoyable hour reading back through this thread,

its an awesome layout mate, really. one question, your large warehouse/factory buildings, are they the American Walthers kits?

I am planning a couple of industrial sites on my new layout (when I finished house redecoration!!) and the ones you have look just the job.

many thanks

Dan

• Like 1

I've just spent an enjoyable hour reading back through this thread,

its an awesome layout mate, really. one question, your large warehouse/factory buildings, are they the American Walthers kits?

I am planning a couple of industrial sites on my new layout (when I finished house redecoration!!) and the ones you have look just the job.

many thanks

Dan

Yes Dan, they are all Walthers exept the main blue warehouse at Leaford Jct that is an American Pikestuff kit.

and for Jamie a couple more pictures.

post-5799-0-69783700-1505636150.jpg

Railfreight Distributions 37 047 arrives at the "Kremlin" with some grain hoppers, this loco is a recent re-paint of mine starting out in Banger Blue.

post-5799-0-04615400-1505636378.jpg

Dapol Class 73 73105 arrives at Leaford Town Yard with a engineers train.

See you soon.

Kevin

• Like 8

Hi Kevin

Back to what I'm use to... :no:  :sungum:  :no: great to see, Kervin

How do you get those darer photos, do you take photos with the lights off or on some dimmer control or just rely on Layout Lamp lights to see what you can, you do some excellent photos I must say Kevin :locomotive:

Jamie

Oh yes Kevin... I got it...

Is it just a window at one end at the one end of the layout  :beee: and you can only get that perfect light shadow's at twice a day haha! :nono:

Jamie

Hi Jamie I am no Photographer I used to use a little Kodak Easyshare camera for taking the pictures used on RM Web, but unfortunately I lost the cable that connects it to the computor, so now I use my I-Phone camera, in either case I just shoot loads of pictures and if one takes my eye that is the one that gets used.

The best pictures taken (and occasionally video)  are those taken by friends when they come to visit, namely Melangoose, PaulRHB amongst others for which I am very grateful.

And talking of pictures here is another of re-painted and weathered Tinsley's Railfreight Distribution Class 37 37047 backing on to its Eastleigh bound train at Leaford Town.

post-5799-0-08443000-1506175470.jpg

Best regards.

Kevin 

• Like 9

Hi Kevin,

Nice couple of class 37s They did seem to be on everything in the Eastleigh area for a while. I will have a look to see if I have any pics of those two.

I said on Ian's thread the other day that it was this time last year I was over in the UK. How time flies.

Cheers Peter.

I do like your ship,

And I am considering some docks for my next plank, but they seem to be £200+ as they are designed for RC unless I'm missing a trick ?

Yes indeed Rob, the Molly J is based on a radio control kit called the Timrex and is by Deans Marine - although I have modified the holds positioning (to take the Langley RB22) and in some cases to make a more scale like appearance, and yes, it was well over £200 quid, a lot of money for it to simply sit in its position - do I regret it, Naah!

And to Pete, yes time certainly does fly and I did enjoy your visit and the meet with the other lads, hopefully it will fly again to the next time you can come over.

I would welcome any pictures that you may have of 37047 and 37068 and equally 37278 (pictured below) I have just finished, according to Temeraire's Motive Power Book 1990 this loco was allocated to Cardiffs FMAK Metals sector pool - but other information leads me to think it still displayed its coal sector branding, a bit of a bu**er when I have changed to Metals branding from Coal!  still mange tout! mange tout!

post-5799-0-20849100-1506272512.jpg

and the bogies and underframe look a bit grey in the picture, they look fine for real.

See you soon.

Kevin

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Hi mate

New locos look good as ever........... but!

37047 rang a bell with me for some reason and I've seen a pic of it with a centre head code box at one end. I'm pretty sure it was the one I took pics of at Kings Lynn back in the day. If you don't tell anyone I won't!

Hi mate

New locos look good as ever........... but!

37047 rang a bell with me for some reason and I've seen a pic of it with a centre head code box at one end. I'm pretty sure it was the one I took pics of at Kings Lynn back in the day. If you don't tell anyone I won't!

Both ends in fact, it was one of the Laira rebuilds.

Cheers

Wayne

Edited by Wayne 37901

Oh dear Kevin, It seems you have opened a can of worms here.

37047 as mentioned was converted to a centre box  loco. My pic below shows it at Eastleigh. I have had a look for pics of 37278 and it seems it always had the coal sector markings. Sorry. 

I did think 37019 might be a good one to renumber your 047 too but It had a flush end with Boxes removed at one end. I have posted a few others that might give you some idea's. All were common round EH early 90s.

37215 was a common petroleum loco and 37026 is shunting in the rain at Andover. Steel sector beast 37109 off the road at Woking.

I will dig out a few more.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-43464800-1506337169_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-08704500-1506337212_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-68794000-1506337399_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-32529800-1506337442.jpg

post-7022-0-73533300-1506337466.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian,

It's surprising how many of the RFD class 37s were named.

Cheers Peter.

Hmmmm.... might scrub 37026, I like '59 with the black boxes. That's a nice pic of the weathering to the Tigers as well, another job on the to do list.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1

Hmmmm.... might scrub 37026, I like '59 with the black boxes. That's a nice pic of the weathering to the Tigers as well, another job on the to do list.

No headlight on the front though Ian. Otherwise a good choice I like the black headcode boxes.

Cheers Peter.