Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Spent a pleasant afternoon at Leaford with Kevin & Ian. Cheers Kevin :)

attachicon.gifIMG_0053.JPG

Then some modern visitors showed up

attachicon.gifIMG_0051.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0055.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0057.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0058.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0061.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0063.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0064.JPG

Thanks Paul for bringing your 450 in today, it was good to compare the weathered version against my non-weathered one, and also thanks to Ian for your company and chat.

Anyway the saga of the errant class 37 continues with my re-numbering of 37047 to 37055, and Pete if you have a photo of the latter then please keep it to yourself! lol, seriously Pete it was good to see the pictures you posted, brought back some good memories.

post-5799-0-50079000-1506455366.jpg

See you soon.

Kevin

• Like 5

Nice set of pics Kevin & Paul,

Sorry about the 37s  :O I think you are ok with 37055. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Pete how many pictures do you have of 47's? - in particular Tinsleys distribution  47 156 -  another repaint this one started as inter-city swallow liveried "Fire Fly", somehow I managed to end up with two when they first came out!

post-5799-0-05875500-1506530883.jpg

Thanks Kevin.

• Like 7

Hi Pete how many pictures do you have of 47's? - in particular Tinsleys distribution  47 156 -  another repaint this one started as inter-city swallow liveried "Fire Fly", somehow I managed to end up with two when they first came out!

attachicon.gifsmall 2 101.jpg

Thanks Kevin.

Hello,

Brilliant layout and perfect era, been following with great intrest. You've done a great job with your layout.

I do like your re-spray, it's a really nice job you've done on it. I also have a spare Fire Fly knocking about, I may take

inspiration from yours to get mine done.

Keep up the good work,

All the best,

Dave.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifsmall 2 101.jpg

Thanks Kevin.

Well you have been busy Kevin, I don't have a pic of 156 but I will post up some others. 

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-39659700-1506601262_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Kevin,

It's been a while since I've caught up April it would seem. Fantastic new wagons the Tigers look good as do the Hattons Warwells. Of course that fantastic Powell Duffryn steel wagon really looks the business next to them. I like them from seeing them as a kid at Hamworthy which took me to Peters photo at Ham with that pair of 37's. If only they still ran like that down there.

All the best

Mark

Hello,

Brilliant layout and perfect era, been following with great intrest. You've done a great job with your layout.

I do like your re-spray, it's a really nice job you've done on it. I also have a spare Fire Fly knocking about, I may take

inspiration from yours to get mine done.

Keep up the good work,

All the best,

Dave.

Hi Dave, Thank you for your kind comments, To be honest Inter-City Swallow Livery is not the easiest to re-spray as the red and white stripes along the sides have quite a depth to them and will have to be removed - otherwise they will certainly show through the new paint - even after several coats of Halfords Plastic Primer, to remove them means a lot of fiddly rubbing down which can destroy all of the moulding details, please don't be put off by this as a nice job can still result - but it will be easier with a different liveried 47 to start with - perhaps Banger Blue as a suggestion, on the good side with careful masking you do not have to re-spray the fronts or roof as they are the correct colours in this livery.

From your location it would seem that you are not far from me, I wonder if you would like to visit at some time?

Another view of 47 165 taken on the stops after bringing the "Hamworthy" into the docks -she is now waiting to be released.

post-5799-0-79281500-1506698745_thumb.jpg

Best Regards.

Kevin.

• Like 4

Well you have been busy Kevin, I don't have a pic of 156 but I will post up some others. 

Cheers Peter.

That would be great Pete, and thanks for the ones posted already, it is always good to see photos of this era.

MRDBLUE17

"Hi Kevin,

It's been a while since I've caught up April it would seem. Fantastic new wagons the Tigers look good as do the Hattons Warwells. Of course that fantastic Powell Duffryn steel wagon really looks the business next to them. I like them from seeing them as a kid at Hamworthy which took me to Peters photo at Ham with that pair of 37's. If only they still ran like that down there.

All the best

Mark"

Hi Mark, it is nice to hear from you again, yes you are absolutely correct the Tigers are fantastic and I think are good value when you see the detail on them,

and as for Powell Duffryn wagons - scratch built by Steve Adcock and owned by Nigel Crow, - I consider myself to be very lucky to be able to use them on Leaford.

On several ocasions recently Nigel and myself have sat on Poole Quay side looking across the water eating fish and chips also wishing to turn the clock back.

"GordonC Said:-

Fantastic work finding examples of what to do with those Crewe-cut bodyshells picked up cheaply in the unwanted liveries!!"

Thanks Gordon, I think all of us Railway Modellers, appreciate a good bargain.

And still more pictures,  another metals train awaits in Leaford Jct Yard for onward tripping to the Docks.

post-5799-0-31265300-1506700124.jpg

See you soon.

Kevin.

Edited by Hampshire Hog
  • Like 11

Hello Kevin.

Thanks for your advice and for the invitation, much appreciated on both counts. I do like RFD liveried locos, especially the 47s, I have/had a couple made up already, 47289 and 47317 (got damaged and had to send it off to be redone) I do have a few of my locos up on (Bescotbeast)Simon Barnes's Pendeford Sidings layout if your interested, they would fit your running period intrest well.

I live between Alton and Guildford, along the A31. Alton Models being my local, if that's anywhere near you.

Kind regards,

Dave.

• Like 1

Hello Kevin.

Thanks for your advice and for the invitation, much appreciated on both counts. I do like RFD liveried locos, especially the 47s, I have/had a couple made up already, 47289 and 47317 (got damaged and had to send it off to be redone) I do have a few of my locos up on (Bescotbeast)Simon Barnes's Pendeford Sidings layout if your interested, they would fit your running period intrest well.

I live between Alton and Guildford, along the A31. Alton Models being my local, if that's anywhere near you.

Kind regards,

Dave.

Hi Dave you have a pm.

Regards

Kevin.

Hi Kevin

Great Photos Peter aka C.P.M of those good old days. Especially the Rake of Mk2/3 Ford Vans

and the good Rail Freight Box Vans to, one of my most remembered times. Thanks for sharing C.P.M Peter

Kevin

Great to see the new class 450s in the latest SWT livery new editions to your layout, I'd love a set but a bit pricey to justify, why they cant be the same price of the class 350s, but seeing you with two, looks great side by side and excellent 'slightly doctored photo of the whole layout as the panoramic feature distorted; even if it is distorted', still looks great. 

Regards

Jamie

Hi Kevin

Great Photos Peter aka C.P.M of those good old days. Especially the Rake of Mk2/3 Ford Vans

and the good Rail Freight Box Vans to, one of my most remembered times. Thanks for sharing C.P.M Peter

Kevin

Great to see the new class 450s in the latest SWT livery new editions to your layout, I'd love a set but a bit pricey to justify, why they cant be the same price of the class 350s, but seeing you with two, looks great side by side and excellent 'slightly doctored photo of the whole layout as the panoramic feature distorted; even if it is distorted', still looks great. 

Regards

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, the truth is the picture is not distorted, I allways look like that!

"Hi Kevin,

A few more pics for you.

Cheers Peter."

post-5799-0-60986200-1507098018.jpg

Not as impressive as your pic Pete, but hopefully a representation.

See you soon.

Kevin

• Like 5

Many thanks for the excellent pics Pete, I wish I was more of a photographer and had taken pics myself in the past.

Best regards,

Kevin.

Thanks Kevin,

I wish I had taken more, but there are plenty of pics out there. Flickr is a good place to find pics of loco's and various trains.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Jamie, the truth is the picture is not distorted, I allways look like that!

"Hi Kevin,

A few more pics for you.

Cheers Peter."

attachicon.gifsmall 2 105.jpg

Not as impressive as your pic Pete, but hopefully a representation.

See you soon.

Kevin

Looks good Kevin, Are they the latest motor rail wagons behind the loco.

Also noticed your class 47 still has it's ETH orange boxes either side of the bufferbeam, It's an easy job to remove them and keep them in case you need them for another class 47. 

Cheers Peter.

That picture of 47304 - are those wagons the ex-motorail car flat wagons that the Ford Transits are on?

Hi Gordon,

I am  not sure I think so, the yellow ones are Railease. I remember shunting car flats up Eastleigh yard and some did have buckeye couplers which would mean they were old coach chassis.

Cheers Peter.

That picture of 47304 - are those wagons the ex-motorail car flat wagons that the Ford Transits are on?

"P.C.M

Looks good Kevin, Are they the latest motor rail wagons behind the loco.

Also noticed your class 47 still has it's ETH orange boxes either side of the bufferbeam, It's an easy job to remove them and keep them in case you need them for another class 47. 

Cheers Peter."

I am not sure that they are exactly the ex-motorail wagons, but they are the latest from Oxford Diecast and they are certainly very similar, the only regret I have is that I ordered weathered ones and on reflection it is my opinion that the non weathered ones look better.

post-5799-0-44004300-1507224840_thumb.jpg

My thanks Pete for the bufferbeam information

My best regards.

Kevin.

• Like 8