Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Well my visit to Leaford  today to play trains with Kevin, Ian and Mike was fantastic. A great layout and thoroughly enjoyed it. Cant wait to come back!

Maybe in around 200 visits I might remember all the routes!

Many Thanks Kevin

No problem Rhys you are always welcome, and the route numbers get easier with every visit.

7APT7 wrote

"Great to see Kevin

Hope you had a good time with family over the holidays, have a great new year to.

Jamie"

Thanks Jamie yes we did have a good time over the holidays, we could not see the living room floor Christmas Morning with all the grandkids presents all around the tree, and you know the usual ate to much and drank to much, just hav'nt enough space for New Years Eve, although I might manage a morsel or two. :no2: 

Anyway moveing on with a picture of the last Tinsley Class 47 I will be doing for a while (well at least until Bachmanns pre-ordered  "Herbert Austin" turns up).

The problem has been for along time now I have been buying locos that have been favourites rather than those that are suitable for the sectors that the trains represent - and I have ended up with a right mismatch, so I have slowly put things right purchasing and where necessary re-spraying locos into Metals and Distribution sector liverys for the most common trains I posess and also bringing back fond memories of happy times at Eastleigh, here is Class 47 47 095.

post-5799-0-52575300-1514754260_thumb.jpg

Happy New Year to all.

Kevin.

• Like 14

Guest Model.Maker

This is an absolutely fantastic layout, very inspirational as I'm currently researching the early 90's period!

Happy New Year

• Like 1

Happy New Year Kevin,

Looking forwards to your next repaints. Here is a seasonal shot of 47309.

Cheers Peter.

Happy New Year Peter, thanks for another fantastic picture, I don't know why you don't publish a book of all of your superb photos - put me down for a copy if you ever did and I am sure many others would appreciate them too.

post-5799-0-37629100-1514810996_thumb.jpg

Leaford Jct's resident 08 541 heads back home through Leaford Millway Road station with a trip working from Leaford Town yard.

Model.Maker wrote:

"This is an absolutely fantastic layout, very inspirational as I'm currently researching the early 90's period!

Happy New Year"

Many thanks for your kind comments M.M, good luck with your research - maybe we can see the results on hear at some stage in the future, if your location in good old blighty allows you would be welcome to visit.

Another of Leafords locos waits for its next turn in the loco road at town yard.

post-5799-0-82820200-1514811967_thumb.jpg

See you soon

Kevin

• Like 10

Thanks Kevin. 

I will leave the books to John Dedman. He has more time than me. Most of the pics i post up are on my Flickr page there is a link below. 

One  from Eastleigh holding sidings.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-57335800-1514849096_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks Kevin. 

I will leave the books to John Dedman. He has more time than me. Most of the pics i post up are on my Flickr page there is a link below. 

One  from Eastleigh holding sidings.

Cheers Peter.

Many thanks Peter, spent several hours today looking at your flickr pages, a great mixture.

See you soon.

Kevin.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I am afraid I became inpatient waiting for Bachmanns Distribution "Herbert Austin" and therefore did a couple more of my own by means of purchasing new 47359 in Metals sector and turning it into 47207 "Bulmers of Hereford" pictured below,

post-5799-0-82521100-1517503725_thumb.jpg

and respraying 47 474 "Sir Rowland Hill" from Parcels sector to 47 231 "The Silcock Express" 

post-5799-0-20384400-1517503951_thumb.jpg

only to find out that "Herbert Austin" is incoming from China shortly.

Best regards

Kevin.

• Like 19

Very nice Kevin, maybe you should go for the viaduct next? ;)

Thanks Paul, that viaduct is on a higher level so will be on the back burner for a while!! I was wondering if you and your little DCC sproggy thingy were free again at some time please? I have a couple of sound chips playing up, there is no great rush.

I bought this Lima 117 secondhand ready modified a while back and since then I have re-powered it with Bachmann 108 running gear

post-5799-0-16417400-1517656088_thumb.jpg

it makes a big difference.

Best regards

Kevin 

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Paul, that viaduct is on a higher level so will be on the back burner for a while!! I was wondering if you and your little DCC sproggy thingy were free again at some time please? I have a couple of sound chips playing up, there is no great rush.

Yep Got a couple of things to do next week but when I know which days that is I'll give you a buzz.

Hi Kevin

Hope you are well.

Cracking job with that 117 was the conversion easy?

All the best

Darren NSE DAZ

Hi Darren, I think how easy or difficult this conversion is depends very much on the confidence and skills of the person who wants to have a go, it was undertaken using the most basic of hand tools - screwdrivers, files, drills and modellers knifes and as can be seen from this photo the Bachman steel block that contains the motor from the 416 unit sits on the top of the Lima plastic chassis with some filing and cutting modifications to the plastic chassis and then re-drilling the mounting holes.

Sorry guys this chassis block is from a 416 and not the 108 as I first intimated - which completely escaped my mind - I now remember that the 108 chassis block is too wide to fit into the Lima bodyshell, but all the bogies come from the class 108.

post-5799-0-20942300-1517850565_thumb.jpg

This 117 now works the off-peak 1/2 hourly shuttle service between Leaford Jct and Leaford Twn, a picture below shows her calling at Leaford Millway Road station.

post-5799-0-54110300-1517851099_thumb.jpg

My thanks to P.C.M Pete and PaulRHB.

Kevin

Edited by Hampshire Hog
  • Like 12

Hi Kev

Very Nice, What are the white wagons just to the right side going out of Clip, are they the 'DJ Models PBA TIGER China Clay wagons', from Kernow Models, I have a couple in Blue they look really smart if it is those.

As Always, great to see a bit of movement on the line, thanks for sharing with us, hope all is well.

Regards

Jamie

Hi Kev

Very Nice, What are the white wagons just to the right side going out of Clip, are they the 'DJ Models PBA TIGER China Clay wagons', from Kernow Models, I have a couple in Blue they look really smart if it is those.

As Always, great to see a bit of movement on the line, thanks for sharing with us, hope all is well.

Regards

Jamie

Hello Jamie mate, yes you are correct they are the DJ Models PBA's, I think they are smart too, in which ever livery, I have been a bit quiet recently as my wife has been poorly and was taken into hospital at 1am this morning, hopefully for a short stay.

It is nice to hear from you.

Best regards

Kevin.

Edited by Hampshire Hog

Hello Jamie mate, yes you are correct they are the DJ Models PBA's, I think they are smart too, in which ever livery, I have been a bit quiet recently as my wife has been poorly and was taken into hospital at 1am this morning, hopefully for a short stay.

It is nice to hear from you.

Best regards

Kevin.

Hi Kevin

Sorry to hear about your wife going in Hospital aka Angela (I'm taking her name as, Thanks to PaulRhB)

I was on Kidney Dialysis for 10 years and Transplant in 2007 all good still...! Hospitals can be very lonely places and yet you wouldn't think so, based on how busy they are with people everywhere, hard to see them as lonely. so my regards and hope its a short stay and recover back at home, best place to recover in my eyes, in your own surroundings and family at hand to, so look after her mate!

Yes... I bought the Dark Blue of the DJ Models PBA's models ages ago, and I have to say, I was so impressed. I've just came back from visiting family in the midlands and there are always a rake of them at Bescot TMD just off J9 M6. 

Sadly on my way back to North Wales, I couldn't help but pull in at Dapol Factory, they gave me a nice walk round the factory, showed me several wagons that were currently being made, saw the livery being applied on one wagon, very impressive and a great friendly team of workers, chatty chatty chatty bumch of workers lol, but I came away with the Dapol Silver Bullets Weathered, which after seeing your on here, I thought I would add to the 2 clean ones I already had, so now I have a good rake size now...! 

I also Joined the Dapol Club as I didn't know they had one, it was the sign that said 'Members 15% Off', so couldn't help myself but ask what's this Members only sign... in the shop, so I joined and it paid for itself in the end! Got a New Class 68 010 in Chiltern railways Two-Tone Grey out the 'bargain bin' or Bargin Shelf as they were several for £100 so a bit of a BONUS, even though unexpected :no: .  They had several in all the liveries to, but I already have the two DRS Class 68's. So a bit of an expensive stop off in the end but I did drop in two weeks earlier on my way to family, so I thought if the Silver Bullets are still in when I return that's what I will get... Dam It...! They were still their and that's what cost me :nono:  I was hoping they would have been sold, but I spotted a new batch of weathered Bullets when I returned, so had 3 different running numbers Dapol Silver Bullets Weathered 009 / 011 / 012, and a couple of clean looking ones to, to mix up the rake a bit.

Until next time take care, will speak again soon mate.

Regards

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kevin

Sorry to hear about your wife going in Hospital aka Angela (I'm taking her name as, Thanks to PaulRhB)

I was on Kidney Dialysis for 10 years and Transplant in 2007 all good still...! Hospitals can be very lonely places and yet you wouldn't think so, based on how busy they are with people everywhere, hard to see them as lonely. so my regards and hope its a short stay and recover back at home, best place to recover in my eyes, in your own surroundings and family at hand to, so look after her mate!

Yes... I bought the Dark Blue of the DJ Models PBA's models ages ago, and I have to say, I was so impressed. I've just came back from visiting family in the midlands and there are always a rake of them at Bescot TMD just off J9 M6. 

Sadly on my way back to North Wales, I couldn't help but pull in at Dapol Factory, they gave me a nice walk round the factory, showed me several wagons that were currently being made, saw the livery being applied on one wagon, very impressive and a great friendly team of workers, chatty chatty chatty bumch of workers lol, but I came away with the Dapol Silver Bullets Weathered, which after seeing your on here, I thought I would add to the 2 clean ones I already had, so now I have a good rake size now...! 

I also Joined the Dapol Club as I didn't know they had one, it was the sign that said 'Members 15% Off', so couldn't help myself but ask what's this Members only sign... in the shop, so I joined and it paid for itself in the end! Got a New Class 68 010 in Chiltern railways Two-Tone Grey out the 'bargain bin' or Bargin Shelf as they were several for £100 so a bit of a BONUS, even though unexpected :no: .  They had several in all the liveries to, but I already have the two DRS Class 68's. So a bit of an expensive stop off in the end but I did drop in two weeks earlier on my way to family, so I thought if the Silver Bullets are still in when I return that's what I will get... Dam It...! They were still their and that's what cost me :nono:  I was hoping they would have been sold, but I spotted a new batch of weathered Bullets when I returned, so had 3 different running numbers Dapol Silver Bullets Weathered 009 / 011 / 012, and a couple of clean looking ones to, to mix up the rake a bit.

Until next time take care, will speak again soon mate.

Regards

Jamie

Many thanks for your kind words Jamie and it sounds if you had a great time at Dapol, I am pleased to say the misses is out of hospital and now back to work, I have also had several other set-backs lately as well which took the wind from my sales which meant railways were very much in second place, and the mojo somewhat disapeared, things are now better and feel I can post again with some pictures of my latest Tinsley 47s, fistly a ViTrains version transformed into 47 310 "Henry Ford"

post-5799-0-17837300-1519986503_thumb.jpg

and secondly I just couldn't wait any longer for the oficial Bachmann one so I converted Metals sector 47 359 into 47209 "Herbert Austen"

post-5799-0-75856300-1519986683_thumb.jpg

Kevin.

• Like 9