Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Hi Kevin,

Layouts looking great as always.

Thanks for your efforts on sorting out my 159, along with Paul and his sprog!

I'll be in touch soon as I'm long overdue a catch up..

Keep up the good work..

Edited by pitbull1845

Hi Kevin,

Layouts looking great as always.

Thanks for your efforts on sorting out my 159, along with Paul and his sprog!

I'll be in touch soon as I'm long overdue a catch up..

Keep up the good work..

Cheers Scott, look forward to seeing you soon.

Kevin.

This week I received my long awaited Heljan 07 shunter, I put a decoder in it and it performs with Heljans usual smooth, powerful and virtually silent running. It brought back many early childhood memories of the early 60's being sat in the back of dads car in Mayflower Park, Southampton watching various ships of the time heading off down Southampton Water to all points of the compass - particularly Union Castle boats to and from South Africa, never imagining at that time that I would eventually sail on one in the future as the cruise ship Island Breeze. (formally The Vaal and before that Transvaal Castle).

I never thought that I would have a model 07 either as they were only in Southampton Docks or near abouts and there were not many of them, but it just goes to show that anything is possible these days, I can also remember the USA Tanks I suppose I'll have to get one of them next.

Anyway a picture of 07005 hard at work on Leaford Docks.

post-5799-0-60939900-1529161225_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Kevin 

• Like 14

Looks good Kevin I’ve thought about getting one as a military depot shunter for Tidworth.

I don't think you would be disappointed if you bought one mate, the detail is excellent and the running qualities superb, I fitted a very small Lenz 6 pin decoder which fitted a treat (not much space) and as per usual mine will have to be weathered.

post-5799-0-01605900-1529176614_thumb.jpg

Best regards

Kevin

• Like 12

Hi Kevin

It looks a great model, and seems a huge thumbs up from you by your verdict, they do look smart, some of the YouTube Reviews I've seen, it does look nice close up, with all the hand rails, and a good choice to choose from.

You have gone for the one I'm thinking of getting, either that or the Harry Needles, I've still trying to decide...

Looks great Kevin.

Regards

Jamie

Yes guys, it is my opinion that it is such a nice model that you can forgive that it is the wrong colour - or the wrong period - or they never ran in the area that I model. I ran mine backwards and forwards on the auto-run for a couple of hours to run it in and now it is magic to watch it glide along, it can't tolerate dirty track though because it is a small, short wheelbase 0-6-0 but keep your tracks clean and it will grace any layout.

Kevin.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

A couple of the loco's recently added to the roster at Leaford (Tinsley Distribution 47's and Cardiff Metals 37's):-

Class 47/3 former Thornaby celebrity  loco 47361 "Wilton Endeavour" now a Tinsley favourite enters Leaford Town with an MOD special.

(with thanks to Whoppits photo on Temeraires thread Tidworth).

post-5799-0-24470800-1545727572_thumb.jpg

and Class 37/7  Cardiff's heavyweight 37886 in the same location.

post-5799-0-64652400-1545727959_thumb.jpg

Merry Christmas.

Kevin

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

345031117_smallpix280.jpg.ec3c8e6c526e000756f9f3442a386d74.jpg

The picture above is of Tinsleys finest 37068 "Grainflow" and 47 207 "Bulmers of Hereford" waiting patiently for their next turn of duty and yes Paul, definately going ahead, depending on it fitting in the car, somebody to come with me and of course an invitation.

• Like 6

• 6 months later...