Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Scott looks like someone just told him he has to go now :)

now you can see why I persuaded Kevin to put Leaford on here looks fantastic and fun to operate. Kevin you are solely responsible for the current resurgence of my OO layout work!

Hi guys, I am sorry about that Paul I hope that you will not hold that against me for to long, my apologies for not responding earlier but I have had some computer problems.

The Alton show was fantastic, both myself and Barry had an enjoyable time, many thanks to Den and all the other organizers for a good weekend, my sincere thanks to Pitbull and Temeraire for the operating sessions, I promise you your welcome will never be overstayed, and Temeraire your help on the 6th March will be appreciated, To Pitbull please post pictures if you wish, for all of the visitors to Leaford I thank you both for your time and interest, just time to say we will be doing it all again on the 6th and 7th of March at Romsey - please see the exhibition thread of this forum ??“ and some more photos!!

Class 4TC Unit 8012 heads out into the country on its way to London Waterloo after a brief stop at Leaford.

post-5799-12657150271529_thumb.jpg

NSE Livery 33035 shunts the yard.

post-5799-12657150725538_thumb.jpg

And one for JONHANTS nice to see you at Alton Jon a Banger Blue 08 pauses during shunting.

post-5799-12657151503543_thumb.jpg

See you at Romsey 6th and 7th of March

My best regards

Kevin.

• Like 2

Hi Jamie,

I can only take credit for the latest pictures, Kevin aka Hampshire Hog is the man behind the layout. He is the master!

Leaford's next outing is at Romsey on the 6th/7th March. Not sure where you live but if its in striking distance then its worth popping to see it.

Hi Kevin , the layouts looking great...will try and make it to the Romsey show..icon_thumbsup2.gif

Hi yellowvanman, The Romsey show line up looks as excellent as usual this year, I am sure you will enjoy it if you can make it, please come and say hello if you do.

"Here Bert, What you been doing you have got a glow about you this morning!!!"

post-5799-12658747555523_thumb.jpg

Regards Kevin

• Like 2

excellent stuff,

i wasn't into models in the NSE days (girls, cadets etc etc) but this makes me wish i had been

Hi rob D2, thankyou for your comment, I was just the same (just dont tell the misses!!).

Class 47 waits in the early morning mist. (One of Bachmann's latest, I think they have done a good job).

post-5799-12659022571734_thumb.jpg

My best regards

Kevin.

• Like 2

hi i will be in touch soon as i still want it and im still spending ages looking at the pictures of your layout to give me ideas for mine

jonhants

Many thanks for that Jon, and I look forward to seeing you at Romsey.

Another picture, I hope that you like it.

post-5799-12662299837814_thumb.jpg

My regards Kevin

• Like 2

Hi Kevin,

It has been a while since I first saw your layout on here but I have just caught up on the 20 odd pages since on here and I have really enjoyed seeing all the pictures you and others from exibitions have added. It is a superb layout and the stock you have for it is so well modelled. I use to watch the steel trains on the Hamworthy branch loaded with steel rod and have never seen it modelled in such a realistic way before so thanks for sharing that technique on here! I also liked your 117 unit with the lights and detailing you have done makes the old lima model look really good would like to see some more shots of that at some point. Hopefully will follow your updates a bit more regularly from now on!

Thanks,

Mark

On the second and third pictures of post 129 it shows a relatively - for scenic areas - tightly curved track.

It doesn't actually look too bad to my eye, especially well scenicked as it is - what's the radius please?

A trackplan and overall dimensions would be a bonus :)

On the second and third pictures of post 129 it shows a relatively - for scenic areas - tightly curved track.

It doesn't actually look too bad to my eye, especially well scenicked as it is - what's the radius please?

A trackplan and overall dimensions would be a bonus :)

Hi cromptonnut, I have tried to transfer a copy of the Leaford Trackplan onto here, it is in Microsoft Word but it doesn't want to play, but I will have another go, in answer to your question the minimum radius of the inside curve on Leaford is 24" or.610m, ideally, it should be 36" or .910m minimum radius but unfortunately like many these days I do not have the space, I suppose it will always have to be a compromise to balance all that we are looking for in our model railways, the overal size of the layout is 1.5m or 5' width by 3.8m or 12'6" lenth.

Here is another picture of the curve, perhaps this is to much of a compromise for some?

post-5799-12663138036391_thumb.jpg

And as requested another shot of the ancient Lima 117 unit

post-5799-1266313963484_thumb.jpg

Many thanks for the continued interest and as usual my best regards.

Kevin.

• Like 2

Hi Kevin,

Have you tried using MS Publisher?? You can save it as JPEG image by clicking Save As and where it says Save type, scroll down to JPEG, then it should upload?? It usually works for me when I have done Trackplan diagrams wink.gif

You have a fantastic layout, whatching with much intrest!! May I ask how you weather your stock??

Regards

Georgie

Hi guys, trying again with trackplan.

post-5799-12663224024656_thumb.jpg

Yeees!!! Many thanks to PAULRHB for his patience trying to explain modern technology to an old philistine like me, I only hope that it can be understood now that it is there.

Georgie, how to weather stuff is not for the faint hearted, I will do some with a picture by picture description the next time I have some to do.

And to MRDBLUE17 (Mark) the Lima 117 in my opinion for all of its faults was one of the nicest in their range, bearing in mind that mine was one of the first to come out, it did'nt clean up to bad.

Regards Kevin.

• Like 2

Thanks for that, always useful to see how all the bits fit together - which you've done very well in the space.

I rather like the idea of a station, with the yard truncated beyond it.

I expect the answer is "the layout is the size of the room it lives it" but was there any other reason you didn't make it a "roundy roundy"?

Thanks for that, always useful to see how all the bits fit together - which you've done very well in the space.

I rather like the idea of a station, with the yard truncated beyond it.

I expect the answer is "the layout is the size of the room it lives it" but was there any other reason you didn't make it a "roundy roundy"?

post-5799-12663376619988_thumb.jpg

You are correct cromptonnut as seen from the picture above, Leaford is a bit of a tight fit in its natural habitat as the same room has to double as an office as well.

I do have plans to turn it into a "roundy roundy" but I am not sure that it would not take some of the operating fun away, having previously owned "roundy roundy" layouts they can become boring to operate as the tendancy is to sit and watch trains go round, and at exhibitions all of the trains in the fiddle yards can be seen in about 5 minutes, even with double deck fiddle yards, and so I still do have my doubts.

regards

Kevin.

• Like 4

Hi Kevin...

I like the latest set photo updates and always look forward to the next batch ... and thanks for sharing your Layout Plan and its Sizes with us nosey RMWeb members...

When and where is it next out on the road...?

I would to see in the flesh... because it looks absolutely fabulous... and love all your stock that you run on it... especially the night scenes?

Question for you dude...

Several picture back you have a few photos of your Crane which as some wagons either side of it... I love the wagon and would also like to get if it is possible... hence the question...

I am interested in the wagon with the generator on it with... I think looks like a few diesel drums...etc! The wagon also as white ladders in the centre on either side of it to enable the workmen to climb on and off the wagon...!

Is it a kit built wagon... and what Hornby/Lima/Dapol/Bachmann chassis was used to create / sit the wagon itself on to, and is it based on a real life wagon that you have seen as I have never seen one like this before... & must say... looks great?

Cheers mate...

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Jamie

Leaford is out to play in Romsey March 6th and 7th, there' a link further back in this thread. I'm sure if you make yourself known Kevin will let you have ago, I did and spent 4 hours 'playing' in Alton a couple of weeks back. In fact I'll be there on the 6th for another go!

Jamie

Leaford is out to play in Romsey March 6th and 7th, there' a link further back in this thread. I'm sure if you make yourself known Kevin will let you have ago, I did and spent 4 hours 'playing' in Alton a couple of weeks back. In fact I'll be there on the 6th for another go!

Cheers dude... I'll have to book in with Kevin for my 4 Hours Play Time... LOL

Jamie

Hi guys, at long last the first signal has appeared on Leaford as can be seen on the photo below, it is a Veisemann banner repeater and works very well (not quite to british practice) but effective.

post-5799-126699647997_thumb.jpg

I seem to have polarity problems between the accessory decoders and LEDs when installing some of the others, I will let you know how I get on.

post-5799-126699669567_thumb.jpg

As can be seen in the photo above the yard crane has finally returned after repair.

And the last photo for now, its late evening and a 33/0 makes ready for departure to Eastleigh whith an engineers train, as an 08 waits.

post-5799-126699703529_thumb.jpg

Hello Scott, again congratulations and if you can make the 7th at Romsey you would be welcome.

My regards to you all.

Kevin.

• Like 2