Midford Pontification

• 3 years later...

Ok, apologies for resurrecting this thread but it fits the bill. I have long had an interest in the S&D and have plenty of books but have never modelled it. Today I acquired a copy of Mike Arlett's book The Somerset & Dorset at Midford (1986) and it sparked an idea to model it in N gauge.

The model will be more scenic than operational but having never taken any interest in N gauge I have no idea what is available RTR. Perhaps someone could give me some possible options - for GWR as well as I intend to include the lower line. I realise that the era modelled may be determined by what is available so perhaps you could include that info too.

Thanks in anticipation....

• Like 1

I understand that the Chester Area Group of the "N" Gauge Society built a model of Midford and that was recently acquired by the Shepton Mallet Model Railway Club. It may prove to be a "One Stop Shop" in your quest for information.  They have a strong affinity with the S & D due to their location.  Take a look at their website  https://sheptonmrs.wordpress.com/midford/     Hope this helps you.

Edited by Malc2085

• 3 years later...