Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Check out www.themodeller.com, Hornby 2-bil for £64 and other bargains!

Mark

Great spot, thank you. I thought the 2 BIL has gone up to £85 but that was a DCC Fitted one. I picked up a couple of other things. The steam DCC sound locos are at a relatively good price (i.e cheaper than usual but not cheap). Would have taken a Merchant Navy had they been in stock.

Check out www.themodeller.com, Hornby 2-bil for £64 and other bargains!

Mark

Dont know how you found this, but thanks all the same. Personally, I am not interested in the 2-BIL's, but certainly in a number of the steam locos on offer. Unfortunately, I added the William Shakespeare to my basket, went to get my card and was then told that they were out of stock! Lesson to others - be quick!

Moving on - i'm over the moon with the price i've just paid for a Commonwealth of Oz!

Note: The Tornado's that were £38 have all gone now.

I got in early on Thursday morning and have 3 locos, Merchant Navy with sound, BR 01 weathered and Britannia 'Will Shakespeare' and a Rolling Road.  Very nice collection, though the Brit will be sold on as I already have it.  Will fund next purchase.

In the past I have bought several items from them. 

I haven't bought a loco for 5 months, am waiting on the Bach J11, Bach V3 and Hornby P2, not much else this year.  Mostly adding bits to layout. 

Mark in OZ.

A few reductions at Kernow:

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/index.html?action=23

I don't really need a 3rd VEP do I?

The 'A Date With The Duchy' set came back into stock this week at KMRC, still at £99.99 (it seemed to go out of stock almost as soon as I received the 'tweet' from KMRC advising of these offers some time last week). So late on Wednesday night I succumbed and ordered one! It arrived this morning so a very efficient service from both KMRC and the Royal Mail. 

Whether you look at it as a £100 loco with 3x BR Mk1's and a print thrown in for free, or a £45 loco, 3x £15 BR Mk1's and a £10 print, it is still a steal either way!

I knew what to expect with the Hornby Castle as I already have another example but I am quite pleased with the chocolate and cream Mk1's. They might be a bit basic compared to the Bachmann ones, with wide couplings, plastic buffers etc but they are very nicely painted/finished, flush glazed, and won't look at all out of place with my other similar WR stock once moving around the track! The print is also quite nice - good enough to put in a frame and hang on the wall anyway. Aswell as the usual detail pack the loco also comes with a nice little headboard as shown on the print.

Highly recommended!

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Premium

Hattons knocking out Railfreight Metals Class 37's at £46!!

http://www.ehattons.com/32720/Bachmann_Branchline_32_386_Class_37_5_37514_in_Railfreight_Metals_Sector_livery_with_flush_front_/StockDetail.aspx

They have two less in stock now....

Is it the latest, loco-drive, Hornby Castle?

Ed

As gwrrob says above Ed, yes, definitely the new tool Castle. The Hattons link above gives you some good images of the set but I have attached a photo of mine fresh out of the box below, with one of the Mk1's. I had also read the RMWeb discussion gwrrob also provides a link to above and reading that did make me think twice about buying the set for £150 when seen on 'offer' elsewhere (might have been Hattons) but I thought for £100 its got to be worth it! .... and I do think it is. I must admit, I'm no expert on the pro's and con's of the Hornby BR Mk1's contained within this set but they certainly look good enough (for the price and from 'normal' viewing distances!) to me so I don't really understand why Hornby want to replace this with another 'basic' model (per their 2013 range announcement) particularly when there is a very good Bachmann model out there often available at discounted prices. Anyway, thats for another thread!

post-7266-0-49589500-1371852216_thumb.jpg

Hattons knocking out Railfreight Metals Class 37's at £46!!

http://www.ehattons.com/32720/Bachmann_Branchline_32_386_Class_37_5_37514_in_Railfreight_Metals_Sector_livery_with_flush_front_/StockDetail.aspx

They have two less in stock now....

They've had these on at this price for most of this year (if not longer) and I 'ummed and aahhd' about getting one (just because I like Class 37's and it is such a good price!) on many occasions and kept an eye on the stock levels which have been at '10 or more' for all of this time. Then suddenly one day this week it disappeared completely from their website and I just thought 'd'oh - he who waits etc'. Just today, it has appeared back in stock, at the same bargain price! Maybe they did this to 'bump' it onto their new items page as a newly 'back in stock' item because it wasn't selling fast enough?

Perhaps I will get one this time before it disappears for good!

As an aside, I am surprised Hattons are still showing 'Christmas and New Year Bargains' on their website, given that we are just about to pass the summer solstice and start the downward slope to Christmas 2013! They also haven't really changed much of their bargains section for months either.

• RMweb Premium

I think sometimes when Hattons receive top up and/or fresh stocks of something that too bumps it back up to the top of the new arrivals listings.

The thing I cannot fathom out is why this particular model and the red stripe version that was released at the same time has been such a poor seller.  I know the red stripe version is a unique variation but surely the triple grey one with a change of number and logo has infinite renumbering possibilities?

Watching whats new at Hattons is always interesting as much of it is not new releases but restocks of older items. Given the sheer number of these at times, particularly die cast road vehicles that were released yonks ago, I wonder if they buy stock off other retailers. As to the 37s Modelzone also flogged them off a penny less than Hattons price once you took P&P into account on the single item and also the InterCity version. Could it the market has simply had too many 37s in recent years.

Archived