Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

can't beat B&M for the smaller Really useful boxes, i use the 4L ones for my stock and they come in at around £3 each if i remember correctly - think they retail around double that!

B&M are currently selling 4L Really Useful Boxes for £3.99 each.  Hobbycraft current price is £5 each.

Same ones?

Same ones?

From the product leaflet in the box, there appears to be only one type of 4L box in their product range. It measures 255mm x 395mm x 88mm and is designed to fit 1 ream of A4 paper.

Home Bargains have a really good line of hobby boxes, i.e. plastic cases with dividers to keep small parts etc separate. 

Virtually the same ones in Hobbycraft are £8. Home Bargains - £2.59 last time I bought some.

From the product leaflet in the box, there appears to be only one type of 4L box in their product range. It measures 255mm x 395mm x 88mm and is designed to fit 1 ream of A4 paper.

Thank You, 4l volume can come in many shapes, the 'flat' nature of these looks worthy of further investigation.

• RMweb Premium

Thank You, 4l volume can come in many shapes, the 'flat' nature of these looks worthy of further investigation.

They're very good for 5 4mm locos/

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

At £70, will someone else please​ buy the Devon and Cornwall Class 153 on RMWeb Buy and Sell before I cave in and buy it... Thanks!  :-D

STUFF AT HALF PRICE!

A model shop in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire has been forced to close and will be open for a few more days until their retail unit lease is up. They are offering all stock at 50% off. I have been in there this week and can say that of the stock left there are no locomotives but there are Peco and Dapol wagons in N and Dapol Wagons in 00. Some Hornby scaledale buildings and trainsets. A huge range of Peco stuff, including, points, track, accessories, small kits, Metcalfe building kits. Oxford road vehicles in 00 and N and a huge range of Javis scenics. and some Noch items including scenics and figures. They purely trade through their shop not online. so if in you're in the area pop in and grab a bargain while you can.

Address:
Unit 15, Rabans Lane Ind Estate, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP19 8TF

Opening hours:
MONDAY - FRIDAY - 10am - 6pm, SATURDAY - SUNDAY - 11am - 2pm (I am not sure if they will open next week, but the owner told me he would open the weekend for as long as he had stock left)

STUFF AT HALF PRICE!

A model shop in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire has been forced to close and will be open for a few more days until their retail unit lease is up. They are offering all stock at 50% off. I have been in there this week and can say that of the stock left there are no locomotives but there are Peco and Dapol wagons in N and Dapol Wagons in 00. Some Hornby scaledale buildings and trainsets. A huge range of Peco stuff, including, points, track, accessories, small kits, Metcalfe building kits. Oxford road vehicles in 00 and N and a huge range of Javis scenics. and some Noch items including scenics and figures. They purely trade through their shop not online. so if in you're in the area pop in and grab a bargain while you can.

Address:

Unit 15, Rabans Lane Ind Estate, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP19 8TF

Opening hours:

MONDAY - FRIDAY - 10am - 6pm, SATURDAY - SUNDAY - 11am - 2pm (I am not sure if they will open next week, but the owner told me he would open the weekend for as long as he had stock left)

Thank's for the heads up HRH_Dan_Hull. Went there today & spent £90 including a pack of 25 Peco flexitrack for £45.The guy in there was VERY helpful !!! Give them a ring on 01296 334677.

Lidl work tables in stock as of today, may be useful for various reasons ?

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=35946#

Lidl arriving soon in Boston - right next to Tesco - with a 1,424 sq metre store.

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/news/local/lidl-confirms-it-is-still-bringing-a-multi-million-pound-investment-to-boston-right-next-to-tesco-1-7513858

Oooh ! I can't wait !

Lidl arriving soon in Boston - right next to Tesco - with a 1,424 sq metre store.

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/news/local/lidl-confirms-it-is-still-bringing-a-multi-million-pound-investment-to-boston-right-next-to-tesco-1-7513858

Oooh ! I can't wait

Beware that Special Buys are limited in number per store (as with Aldi) and some sell out very quickly. You may also find that special buys may be on sale late the day before their actual advertised on sale from date. Still if they have gone theres always some scrummy Danish pastries and apple turnovers in Lidls in store bakery section (something Aldi does not have)

Beware that Special Buys are limited in number per store (as with Aldi) and some sell out very quickly. You may also find that special buys may be on sale late the day before** their actual advertised on sale from date. Still if they have gone theres always some scrummy Danish pastries and apple turnovers in Lidls in store bakery section (something Aldi does not have)

Yes, good point !  Our nearest store is Skegness and having seen a patio table that we thought our Daughter might like, we rushed there and purchased the only one they had left.  As you said **.  Best plan to avoid disappointment is to use their website where future offers are advertised in advance.

Pastries and turnovers are 'off-limits' these days  :no:

Beware that Special Buys are limited in number per store (as with Aldi) and some sell out very quickly. You may also find that special buys may be on sale late the day before their actual advertised on sale from date. Still if they have gone theres always some scrummy Danish pastries and apple turnovers in Lidls in store bakery section (something Aldi does not have)

Problem I often find here in Ireland is that some Aldi & Lidl stores never actually get some of the special offers in stock.

You rush to your nearest store only to find the item never arrived in stock at all.

I have asked them about this but never got a satisfactory answer.

I remember arriving at my local Aldi as they opened one morning some years back with the intention of buying an item advertised as a special in the local press, only to find that they had none, I was told by a member of staff that they only a  very small allocation and the staff bought them all before the shop opened!

Neil

• RMweb Premium

I remember arriving at my local Aldi as they opened one morning some years back with the intention of buying an item advertised as a special in the local press, only to find that they had none, I was told by a member of staff that they only a  very small allocation and the staff bought them all before the shop opened!

Neil

That's extremely strange practice.

I would guess that most businesses would only let the staff buy items after the normal customers have had their fill?

Keith

I think this sort of thing happens a lot.

I recently asked at my local Majestic Wine about a particularly good Chateau, and got told that whenever they manage to get a supply, it gets bought by head office staff and doesn't even make it to the branches.

Earlswood nob

• RMweb Gold

My stepdad went to get a "special buy" one morning only to find they had put them out the night before and they had all gone, after speaking to the manager he then stormed off in a huff towards his car only to have to sheepishly do an about turn to return his trolley back and get his pound back!

Archived