Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Premium

Likewise, I was going to go and look for one this weekend, you saved me the trouble, I doubt I could have got it for much less, especially if you count the time looking, driving,... Well spotted, and thanks for sharing!

Guest royal signals

Hi, Peters Spares in Middlesbrough has the Bachmann 32-279A LNER K3 on offer at £101.11 .

Don't know how to paste links yet, sorry, currently 9 in stock.

Tony

£0.35 + £2.80 p&p on Amazon :)

Thanks very much, bought it.

But there is another at 36p !

Bear in mind that is shipped from the US and second hand.

If you prefer shipped from the UK, next cheapest is £5.28, but only post free if park of a order from Amazon for £10 of books. Or £2.99 with £2.80 p&p, for a new book.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Peters Spares in Middlesbrough has the Bachmann 32-279A LNER K3 on offer at £101.11 .

Don't know how to paste links yet, sorry, currently 9 in stock.

Tony

This is your link  http://www.petersspares.com/Bachmann-32279a-k3-class-1304-lner-lined-black-oo-gauge.ir

To copy & paste a link, just go to the url in the panel, right at the top of your screen. The url will start with www. - If you put your cursor onto it and click once, it should become high-lighted - usually in blue. If it doesn't, start at the right-hand end and draw your cursor across it and that should high-light it. To copy it use the right hand button on your mouse and choose 'copy' - or you can do it on the keyboard with Ctrl and C at the same time. This should park the url on your 'clipboard'. When you are writing your Reply here or putting a link into an email, again use the right mouse button and choose 'paste' or do Ctrl + V. Always leave a space at both ends of a link. The link will show up in the blue underlined format when you post the reply.

• RMweb Premium

(Just as an add-on to Phil's post above, this sometimes doesn't work depending what web browser or version of it you are using, I can't copy and past links when I use my laptop, I don't remember off the top of my head how it works but I have to post them by clicking elsewhere and then pasting from there.  This post would probably be more helpful if I could remember how I actually do it, sorry!)

• RMweb Gold

While replying to another thread, I realised that the following might be of interest here - 

On the subject of wooden strips, I discovered a useful source of 11mm square x 60cm long 'garden stakes'. 6 in a pack for 99p in Poundstretchers. I suspect they won't be there out of the gardening season. (I checked this afternoon - it's all tinsel and LED lights now!) I bought some for garden purposes and then found that it is quite a nice quality wood and makes good braces for building corners, hidden roof timbers and scenic structures like bridges. The stakes have pointed ends, so if you want an obelisk for your town square - you have one ready made! 

If you want high quality thin wood, keep you eyes on skips etc. for wooden slatted venetian blinds. I salvaged a whole blind and used some of it for craft & DIY jobs, but have a small stock left for my recently restarted railway projects. The type I have is about 2mm x 35mm cross-section. It has to be good quality to stop it warping in the sunlight.

I can't copy and past links when I use my laptop

That sounds extremely strange. A link as described by Phil is just a string of text. If you can't paste a string of text into a text input field in a browser window, can you input anything?

The other way to insert a link in to a post on here is to create a short text string for the link - like this link for the Vale of Rheidol Railway - select the text and click on the 'link' button in the second toolbar of the posting window. The 'link' button is the one with the small picture of the three-link coupling with a green circle with a white plus sign in it, like this:

gallery_23983_3473_9161.jpg

Doing this will open a dialogue box like this:

gallery_23983_3473_17012.jpg

in which you can paste the string of text for the link (called the "URL"). Click OK and Robert's your parent's sibling.

(Post created using Safari on an iMac and then tweaked using Chrome on an Android tablet, by the way - just because I can.  Speaking of tweaking: why do I always get a double line space after the quote box, when the posting window only ever shows a single line space?  This happens on every browser on every operating system I've tried!)

Not (directly) Model Railway related - but this looks to be a reasonable buy for anyone with a need for a smartphone for their JMRI throttle app:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Moto-16GB-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B01GZZK9XQ/

Edit in response to Garry D100 comment  below (and spelling error)

• RMweb Gold

Not Model Railway related - but this looks to be a reasonable by for anyone with a need for such:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Moto-16GB-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B01GZZK9XQ/[/size]

Maybe best we keep to model related bargains otherwise we open the floodgates for notifications of cheap petrol and half price carrots et al. ;-)

Archived