Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

If you click on the Cutty Sark you get these details

REVELL Model Sailing Ship
£16.99each
  • Create an intricate scale model of a classic ship with these comprehensive craft sets
  • Includes 6 x 5ml acrylic paints, double-headed brush and glue

Choose from:

• Cutty Sark, scale: 1:220
  • H.M.S. Beagle, scale: 1:96
  • Thermopylae, scale: 1:220

• RMweb Premium

£99.50 for Hornby King at Rails, for today only

https://railsofsheffield.com/rails-advent-calendar-5th-december-JJJGP2049.aspx

cheers,

Keith

The Kings offer was indeed for one day.

But I have just realised that despite the lack of a scroll bar or anything else indicating this is a possibility, you can "drag" the screen to the right, revealing past offers, most of which still seem to be available.

And if you go the other way, you can see what tomorrow's offer will be.

• RMweb Premium

And today's Hornby Advent Calender offer is an actual product - the Railroad S&DJR 0-6-0 for £25 (+ postage?).

Or you could go to Hattons - £21 + £4 UK postage.

Hornby must have had a large pile of these, but kept some back when they flogged job lots to the likes of Hattons.

Wirral Model Shop is selling 6x Hornby R3342 (the new 2016 BR Blue 08 - 08489) for £72 each [buy It Now on their Ebay shop], plus £4.70 delivery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-OO-0-6-0-CLASS-08-SHUNTER-08489-DCC-READY-R3342-/232164033705

That's well below the big box shifters' prices. Very tempting.

They also have another one available to bid on, starting at £67 (5 days to go).

Alan.

Olivia's are doing Garrets for £160 and Tango's for £99. All refurbed but not a bad price even so. You have to sign up to their mailing list for more details.

Mark

That's a great price for the Garrat's, do you have a link where I can sign up to the mailing list? Also I'm wondering if you've already got the email then would I not get it because I've missed it?

• RMweb Gold

That's a great price for the Garrat's, do you have a link where I can sign up to the mailing list? Also I'm wondering if you've already got the email then would I not get it because I've missed it?

The small print on the email states that the offer is for existing customers only. That said, I can't honestly see them turning a punter away... You order online via their web form, and write 'Olivias Trains Advent Calendar Day 6' (for the Garratts) or 'Day 5' (for the Tangos) in the 'additional information' section of the form. For the Garratts, the offer isn't available on 266202, 205 or 206.

They'll call you back for your credit card expiry and 3 digit code, so you can make sure the discount is applied then if you're worried. Worth a punt I guess (although don't call me, etc, etc.)

Cheers

the email says the offers are exclusive to existing customers. have you ordered from them before?

the offers are apparently open for a week from when the email comes in - the Garratts are todays offer so is open for another week

Dont know if anyone has mentioned this elsewhere but went in Hawkins Bazaar , Shrewsbury, today, everything Hornby was half price, includong D16 for £54.99. King Arthurs around £60, K1 £65, a few other locos, wagons etc.Was temprted by the D16 but absolutely no use to me, so bought a Railroad LMS compound for £37!

• RMweb Premium

Rails of Sheffield advent calendar offer today:

Professionally Weathered Oxford Rail 00 Adams Radials at £79.50 a go.

Have to say I wasn't so impressed with the photo for the weathered Hornby class 66 they offer - the windscreens were grimed up apart from the area swept by the windscreen wipers....except that the clear area was somewhat larger than it looks as if the wipers would cover.

I'm not sure I've seen an EWS 66 in that state anyway, but I expect if I say that somebody will be able to find a photograph of one...

• RMweb Gold

Rails of Sheffield advent calendar offer today:

Professionally Weathered Oxford Rail 00 Adams Radials at £79.50 a go.

Have to say I wasn't so impressed with the photo for the weathered Hornby class 66 they offer - the windscreens were grimed up apart from the area swept by the windscreen wipers....except that the clear area was somewhat larger than it looks as if the wipers would cover.

I'm not sure I've seen an EWS 66 in that state anyway, but I expect if I say that somebody will be able to find a photograph of one...

Didn't you see this one on 'There's a prototype for everything' thread a couple of days ago? https://www.flickr.com/photos/36034969@N08/31297220536/

OK it's not EWS - but there isn't a lot to prove otherwise!

• RMweb Premium

Didn't you see this one on 'There's a prototype for everything' thread a couple of days ago? https://www.flickr.com/photos/36034969@N08/31297220536/

OK it's not EWS - but there isn't a lot to prove otherwise!

Yes I wondered if somebody would mention this one.

While people would probably question the weathering if it was a model, at least the "clear" patch from the windscreen wipers corresponds to where the wipers would actually go, unlike the Rails of Sheffield one.

Is it wrong that I sometimes see real rolling stock and think to myself how convincingly weathered it is?

Yes I wondered if somebody would mention this one.

While people would probably question the weathering if it was a model, at least the "clear" patch from the windscreen wipers corresponds to where the wipers would actually go, unlike the Rails of Sheffield one.

Where are the areas that the wipers have swept clean?

Archived