Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

And the other Hornby Colletts now seem to be back in the Hawkins sale - I'm getting confused 

although all now sold out apart from one version of the composite - might as well sit back and await the cancellation email

• RMweb Gold

although all now sold out apart from one version of the composite - might as well sit back and await the cancellation email

Since everything appeared to have precisely one unit in stock I suspect it is a glitch with their system.

Still I eagerly await my free-post glider and couple of bits or track.

I called into Toyland in Keighley yesterday who are also having a sale of Hornby stock, 30% of marked prices including stock that has already been reduced such as trainsets and train packs. A notable trainset being the "Hornby R1172 Majestic digital trainset with elink" already reduced from £399.99 to £229.99 and then another 30% off ----> £160.99, that's a cracking discount, not too sure if its a good trainset though.

Toyland have stores across Lancashire and Yorkshire, Blackpool to Scarborough

Gave up with my Hawkins order, value dropped from over £200 to £19, then 1 of the 2 scaledale items came up as no stock. Would have to pay postage but was offered a code for 5% discount when I first tried to leave the website !!

Haven't yet seen a dispatch email for order placed before Christmas

Still awaiting news of my order from Hawkins placed on 23rd Dec.  Had conformation email but nothing since,  I have sent then an email yesterday asking if/ when the order will be dispatched but no reply as yet.

• RMweb Premium

Why all this moaning about Hawkin's Bazaar dispatch e-mails?  It does say on their website "We aim to deliver within 3 to 5 working days."  It has only been 6 days since their sale was announced on here and they have been closed for at least 3 of those days over Christmas.  Even if they managed to pick & pack those orders on 24th December it is unlikely they will have had any collection of those parcels until yesterday at the earliest and UK Mail (or whoever is delivering these) will need time to put them through their systems.  Give them chance to at least process the orders, it is the season of goodwill to all men.

I ordered a loco from them on 23rd and like others I haven't had the dispatch e-mail yet, but I'm not bothered, it'll turn up when it arrives.

• RMweb Gold

Why all this moaning about Hawkin's Bazaar dispatch e-mails? It does say on their website "We aim to deliver within 3 to 5 working days." It has only been 6 days since their sale was announced on here and they have been closed for at least 3 of those days over Christmas.

The problem is not a rush to receive the model, more a case that a lot of us were able to order and pay. Then a couple of days later get an email cancelling because they didn't have stock. It's a bit of a pain having a months's modelling funds tied up with a supplier who are fairly likely to be unable to fulfill the order. (And in the process possibly miss out on other potential deals in the process)

Hence it's interesting to see when other people receive dispatch notes, as if they start receiving dispatch and you don't based on the 23rd's sale it clearly signals nothing's coming...

Boswells in Oxford are showing 30% off all listed prices.

A few items already have 20% off and the 30% is than applied as well so the Skaledale Village Hall and Andrew James Burtchers come out at £16.80 each, the Pine Shop £16.10 and there are 3 different Brighton Belle Blue/grey cars at £26.60 each.P&P is £3.50, free on orders of £40 or more.

Just had an email from Hawkins re my Dec 23 order (missed all of the real goodies so it just a few oddments incl a Skaledale building and the railroad Bagnall to entertain the razor saw with)

We're super-excited to tell you that your Hawkin's Bazaar order is now on its way! We have carefully packed it up and shipped it off today with our courier, UK Mail, and you can expect it to be delivered to your door or designated 'leave safe' spot on Friday.

• RMweb Premium

Regretting now I didn't buy another ATW 153, a snip at £50.  I already have 1 of each livery variant so let it go. I was still smarting from losing out on the 2 class 60's that were better than half price.

Living in North Wales my layout will feature a lot of the ATW stock that I see daily.

post-22167-0-07677300-1483048298_thumb.jpg

Archived