Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Ordered the 50 "Ajax" for 74.99 and two Sentinels for £29.99 each this morning and just had text to say they are being delivered tomorrow.

Got my delivery text for my second attempt to buy some Colletts and an impulse by king. Shame I won't be in

• RMweb Gold

Got my delivery text for my second attempt to buy some Colletts and an impulse by king. Shame I won't be in

Glad to hear it, my Bristolian is due at lunchtime today. Though as they are already in chocolate and cream, my conversion and respray plans are on hold for the moment...

Regretting now I didn't buy another ATW 153, a snip at £50. I already have 1 of each livery variant so let it go. I was still smarting from losing out on the 2 class 60's that were better than half price.

Living in North Wales my layout will feature a lot of the ATW stock that I see daily.

Nice collection

Looks like you only need a 144 unit

I ordered my Hornby Q6 from Hawkins Bazaar yesterday at 0945. It was delivered by UK Mail this morning at 09-28 - That's the quickest time from order to delivery I have ever had !

I got a confirmation email from hawkins directly after ordering, an email from UKMail last night at 17-55 stating that the order is on it's way, and another one this morning at 07.24 (unread as I was still in bed !!) stating delivery today between 08-47 & 09-47. These guys are on the ball.

Not much left now at Hawkins, unless they are drip feeding us !!.

Brit15

I ordered my Hornby Q6 from Hawkins Bazaar yesterday at 0945. It was delivered by UK Mail this morning at 09-28 - That's the quickest time from order to delivery I have ever had !

I got a confirmation email from hawkins directly after ordering, an email from UKMail last night at 17-55 stating that the order is on it's way, and another one this morning at 07.24 (unread as I was still in bed !!) stating delivery today between 08-47 & 09-47. These guys are on the ball.

Not much left now at Hawkins, unless they are drip feeding us !!.

Brit15

By contrast, today my card was credited for a pair of Colletts - apart from that, NOTHING from Hawkins.

That'll be the first and last time they get my (potential) custom.

What a shambles !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

So...

"Great service from Hawkins. What a bargain!"

or

"Terrible service from Hawkins. I'll never use them again".

Quite a contrast in user experience.

I think I'm glad I missed all the fuss.

• RMweb Gold

No Colletts but refund made back to credit card.

Well I got a Collett and a refund. It was crossed off the packing list as unavailable but there it was in the box. I should mention that to them.

That was after the the second tranche the other day.

My first attempt at Collett buying resulted in this tightly packed box....

post-1036-0-35520400-1483108537.jpg

I can't complain, some super bargains and only one of five orders had missing Colletts.

Five orders, because after last year's Hawkin's frenzy my strategy is to sort by highest price and bag all the locos I need want in a single fast order before they sell out. Then peruse things more at leisure with less popular items. Once the news hits RM Web you have mere minutes before the good stuff's gone.

I called into Toyland in Keighley yesterday who are also having a sale of Hornby stock, 30% of marked prices including stock that has already been reduced such as trainsets and train packs. A notable trainset being the "Hornby R1172 Majestic digital trainset with elink" already reduced from £399.99 to £229.99 and then another 30% off ----> £160.99, that's a cracking discount, not too sure if its a good trainset though.

Toyland have stores across Lancashire and Yorkshire, Blackpool to Scarborough

I've just been today to Toyland in Keighley and they have quite a bit in stock. I've managed to pick up a rake of three Hornby Thompson Suburbans for £73. Also picked up a Hornby J50 for £56 which I was thought was quite a bargain!

• RMweb Gold

Five orders, because after last year's Hawkin's frenzy my strategy is to sort by highest price and bag all the locos I need want in a single fast order before they sell out. Then peruse things more at leisure with less popular items. Once the news hits RM Web you have mere minutes before the good stuff's gone.

Same here!

Hawkins in Milton Keynes had a few railroad wagons, including the ex lima breakdown crane, caley pug, nrm 09 shunter, LNER teak coach, couple of train sets (including Santa express still at £39.99) and some half price track and platform sections on Thursday 29th!! Have had an email stating uk mail are super excited to be delivering my order to me at work today, will have to check when I'm back in!!

• RMweb Gold

Received my parcel from Hawkins today, order was placed on December 23rd at 1317. But, was missing the Black Five I really wanted, then I read that that others ordered their Black Five later than me and got one. Never even saw the Q6 on the site, must have been frothing too much at the other bargains!

Not complaining as I did manage to get A3 Minoru for a very good price, just frustrated that I missed out as the Hawkins fulfilment system does not appear to work on a first come first served basis?

Steve

I have still not had any email or notification from Hawkins about my order placed on 23rd Dec. Two e-mails now sent and no reply.  

Have you checked you credit card a/c?

You may find, as I did, that your payment has been credited back, with no notification.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Have you checked you credit card a/c?

You may find, as I did, that your payment has been credited back, with no notification.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Hi,  Yes have just checked  credit card and no refunds/credit as yet.  I take it order must be in their system somewhere!!

• RMweb Gold

Most seems no cheaper than regularly available elsewhere but some maybe once you factor in the free P&P Gaugemaster offer on orders over £15. Also a vast number of DCC Concepts items are reduced which may be of interest .

But some real bargains if you take the time to look, such as Bachmann Pro Dynamis 36-508 at £150  - £13 cheaper than Hattons plus as you say, free postage

• RMweb Gold

Hawkins have no customer services staff working till 03 jan. So no emails will be replied to before then. john

I had a reply after asking to combine 2 orders to save the postage cost on one. This they duly did and replyed to let me know.

Big thanks to whoever mentioned Boswells of oxford - Transrail Class 60 bagged for 30% under RRP, and significantly cheaper than I've seen elsewhere.

I will await its arrival with eagerness.

One question for those local to oxford and who have been into their shop - can you give any idea as to how the stock is stored? (please don't say that they stored their Hornby concession stock in massively bright lights in a window somewhere).

I know of at least one Modelzone @ WhSmiths whose Hornby is all at least partially light damaged, after being sat unloved in display cabinets close to south facing windows for several years! I could understand Hornby not wanting THAT lot back, but I hope that Boswells is a more sensible firm?

Archived