Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Premium

When I clicked on the above link to the strippers I got a red information band across the top of the product details and "This page might contain products not available in your store."

You need to go to this page http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/785.htm and enter in the details to find you local store(s), select one and then see if its listed under the DIY Jan 8 stock from the icon at the top of the page.

Wha---- oh, I see...

My order was placed on 29th December.

There isn't any logic in the order they are despatching.

My 24th Dec order arrived on the 30th Dec, whilst my 23rd Dec order arrived today (only had despatch email and text message this morning!).

Whilst I didn't manage to grab any loco bargains, I can now complete my fiddle yard now as 30yds of flex track has just been delivered (a bargain at £1.49 each) and lots of new point motors.

I think if you have not been refunded by now from the 23rd Dec, then it looks like you will be getting your order soon.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

There isn't any logic in the order they are despatching.

My 24th Dec order arrived on the 30th Dec, whilst my 23rd Dec order arrived today (only had despatch email and text message this morning!).

Whilst I didn't manage to grab any loco bargains, I can now complete my fiddle yard now as 30yds of flex track has just been delivered (a bargain at £1.49 each) and lots of new point motors.

I think if you have not been refunded by now from the 23rd Dec, then it looks like you will be getting your order soon.

Chris

Meanwhile, almost everything Hornby in the Cardiff Hawkin's Bazaar is half price. (Only exception I think as the £50 sets allegedly reduced from £130).

As of late this lunchtime, there were still two Railroad Flying Scotsman's at £40 each, a Eurostar set at £100, a selection of track, assorted Railroad wagons, a couple of coaches and a few more bits and bobs.

Looks as if there won't be much left soon.

Meanwhile, in Hamleys the Hornby stock is gradually reducing but still at full RRP (or more).

In the Modelzone in Smiths, the Bachmann stock doesn't seem to be shifting with discount. Hornby is all still at full price but might be thinning out a bit.

My Hawkins bargain arrived this morning, no despatch emails just the original order confirmation despite me paying for tracked delivery.

Was a very pleasant surprise from the postie.

Same here, but didn't pay for tracked, I was informed on the confirmation email I would be sent information what happens next!!!

• RMweb Gold

I didn't want to pay postage (free over £40), but wanted 2 coaches... so I stuffed the order with 1 piece of track.. (74p).

I've been refunded the coaches, so I have 1 piece of track, a free glider with free postage coming my way.

Can't wait to see the size the box this comes in..

Just to close the loop here, an A4 sized box with bubble wrap arrived complete with 1x R600 piece of track and a free glider today, my 74p order arrived safely and post free.

• RMweb Premium

My Hawkins order of a Hornby Track Pack F and a few other bits of track came in an enormous cardboard box...seems like they need some packaging lessons.

Maybe you're looking at it the wrong way - free modelling supplies - lots of things you can do with corrugated cardboard...

I received this email from Hawkins today but bag is empty.

Hawkin's Bazaar

GIFTS GADGETS TOYS MODEL SHOP

You still have time to order!

Hi ,

There is still time to complete your order at Hawkin’s Bazaar.

Don’t worry if you are not 100% sure the items below are right for you as we are currently offering a 5% discount on total values!

Your code: Edited here

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to drop us an email at hello@hawkin.com.

Don’t forget we offer free delivery on all orders over £40*

Thank you for visiting.

PROCEED TO CHECKOUT

SHOPPING BAG

Product Name Qty Subtotal

Product

Hornby R4684 BR Collett Coach Corridor 3rd Crimson And Cream

2 £39.98

Product

Stunt Poly Glider

1 £0.40

I'm

Product

FREE - Stunt Poly Glider

1 £0.00

Grand Total: £40.38

CONTINUE SHOPPING

PROCEED TO CHECKOUT

Delivery Terms & Conditions Returns

© 2016 Tobar Group Trading Limited. all Rights Reserved.

*Free Tracked Standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40. Free delivery promotions only apply to standard UK delivery services where order totals equal or exceed £40 (excluding delivery charge).

You have received this courtesy email from us today regarding your user experience on the site, but you have not been entered into any marketing databases. Our system can take up to 30 minutes to update, and we may not have registered your purchase within our email system if a different email was used to complete the transaction.

If you no longer wish to receive operational emails from us please click here

Hawkin's Bazaar

Hi ,

Don’t worry if you are not 100% sure the items below are right for you as we are currently offering a 5% discount on total values!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to drop us an email at hello@hawkin.com.

Thank you for visiting.

PROCEED TO CHECKOUT

SHOPPING BAG

Product

2 £39.98

Product

Stunt Poly Glider

1 £0.40

I'm

Product

FREE - Stunt Poly Glider

1 £0.00

CONTINUE SHOPPING

PROCEED TO CHECKOUT

*Free Tracked Standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40. Free delivery promotions only apply to standard UK delivery services where order totals equal or exceed £40 (excluding delivery charge).

You have received this courtesy email from us today regarding your user experience on the site, but you have not been entered into any marketing databases. Our system can take up to 30 minutes to update, and we may not have registered your purchase within our email system if a different email was used to complete the transaction.

Well - I wish that I'd received that e-mail - it's what I ordered, paid for, and was then refunded for !!

They are an absolute shambles, aren't they?!!!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

Re the Hornby concessions, the chap in Fenwicks said all unsold stock would be removed from the shelves on January 31st. In the meantime, there would be not further reductions and they are not allowed to give the 10% Hornby Collectors club discount.

So, the question is, once all the concessions withdraw their stock will it reappear somewhere else at knock down prices?

Steve

Re the Hornby concessions, the chap in Fenwicks said all unsold stock would be removed from the shelves on January 31st. In the meantime, there would be not further reductions and they are not allowed to give the 10% Hornby Collectors club discount.

So, the question is, once all the concessions withdraw their stock will it reappear somewhere else at knock down prices?

Steve

It will probably appear on the Hornby last chance to buy page and undercut the retailers like they have been doing for years.

• RMweb Gold

My Hawkins order of a Hornby Track Pack F and a few other bits of track came in an enormous cardboard box...seems like they need some packaging lessons.

So did mine, however the things I really needed (cheap Y points) were the one item out of stock and refunded! :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

Steve

Unlike Hawkin's Bazaar (in Cardiff anyway) getting rid of their stock at knock-down prices...

• RMweb Premium

It will probably appear on the Hornby last chance to buy page and undercut the retailers like they have been doing for years.

It's possible they've learned their lesson on that one. The advent calendar sale was pretty underwhelming (from a purchaser's point of view; more pleasing I'm sure to retailers).

Steve

I'm still waiting to see where the class 423s that Beales in Bolton had had for years went. Their entire concession disappeared overnight without ever having had any significant reductions. 

• RMweb Premium

I'm still waiting to see where the class 423s that Beales in Bolton had had for years went. Their entire concession disappeared overnight without ever having had any significant reductions. 

Has anybody heard if the removal of Hornby concessions means the end of Modelzones in Smiths? The fact that (in at least some) they have non Hornby products on sale suggests they are running down stocks prior to closure, with perhaps the Hornby stock remaining at full price before disappearing.

While I doubt the rolling stock has justified the cabinet space, I wonder if they'll consider it worth continuing to sell paints and the like given that postage charges for buying a tin of paint on-line are relatively large, never mind postage restrictions.

Hawkin's Bazaar

Hi ,

Thank you for visiting.

PROCEED TO CHECKOUT

SHOPPING BAG

Product

2 £39.98

Product

Stunt Poly Glider

1 £0.40

I'm

Product

FREE - Stunt Poly Glider

1 £0.00

CONTINUE SHOPPING

PROCEED TO CHECKOUT

Just for fun I sent an email the address in their message and it came back from two Hawkins email addresses rejected by server as 'unknown'.

Archived