Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Premium

Maybe not a bargain, but you never know. Didn't know where else to post. This has just featured as a clip/interview on our local evening news show BBC North West. The auction is tomorrow at Beeston, not far from me. Wish I'd known about it earlier as I could have gone.

The collection was assembled by Anthony Adler who died, and it's now being auctioned off with all proceeds to charity. News report says they expect it to go for over £150,000 !

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/wrightmarshall/catalogue-id-wright10120

• RMweb Premium

Maybe not a bargain, but you never know. Didn't know where else to post. This has just featured as a clip/interview on our local evening news show BBC North West. The auction is tomorrow at Beeston, not far from me. Wish I'd known about it earlier as I could have gone.

The collection was assembled by Anthony Adler who died, and it's now being auctioned off with all proceeds to charity. News report says they expect it to go for over £150,000 !

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/wrightmarshall/catalogue-id-wright10120

Already a thread running for that sale somewhere on here.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

It doesn't normally cover anything in Wheeltappers - just normal threads

I didn't know that....but I haven't found it much use for "normal" threads either, I'm afraid.

Possibly I'm not using it correctly.

• RMweb Premium

It doesn't normally cover anything in Wheeltappers - just normal threads

But it's also very specific. It will only find what you enter, it isn't like Google which finds similar or misspelt entries.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

There's a dropdown box at the top for different searches and an "advanced search" function too. See pic.

I've never had much success with the search, it seems to either throw up pages of hits or nothing.

Rob

post-7197-0-63745600-1484128854_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

i dont care where they find the boxes, as long as they keep finding them. the saving is better in my pocket. john

I suspect rather than just being a "January sale", this is the result of Hawkin's Bazaar getting out of selling Hornby products as the concession is shut down.

So better make the most of it!

• RMweb Gold

i dont care where they find the boxes, as long as they keep finding them. the saving is better in my pocket. john

I hope they don't find any just yet, spent too much recently, higher authorities may take a dim view......

• RMweb Premium

I suspect rather than just being a "January sale", this is the result of Hawkin's Bazaar getting out of selling Hornby products as the concession is shut down.

So better make the most of it!

Considering Hawkins Bazaar seems to be getting out shops (several have shut) that could well be true.

The nearest one to Birmingham is now Worcester! There used to be several around.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Considering Hawkins Bazaar seems to be getting out shops (several have shut) that could well be true.

The nearest one to Birmingham is now Worcester! There used to be several around.

Keith

They seem to come and go.

I think I'm getting things in the right order here:

In Cardiff Hawkin's Bazaar used to have one that appeared before Christmas, then had a big closing-down sale in January and vanished until later in the year.

Then the company went into administration.

It was then resurrected and now Cardiff (currently) has a year-round shop.

They may be reducing the number of shops at present, or it may just be what's happening local to you.

Archived