Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Aye the refurb, layout and subsequent stock policy has put me off Tamworth's Hobby craft too. Last I looked Coventry was heading the same way.

Can confirm that to be true - was in there just after Christmas.

• RMweb Premium

Haven't seen much 'proper' Hornby in any Hobbycraft for some time

Keith

EDIT:

BTW Ian Allan in Brum has some sale items including Bachmann GWR RODs for £80 (Liverpool emporium is £104)

Keith

Norwich seems to be going the same way from the evidence of a pre-xmas visit.

I visited the Norwich branch of Hobbycraft today on the off chance of a bargain. A few bits, mainly Skaledale buildings in the sale but upstairs they had a quite a bit of Hornby all at normal HC prices. Certainly didn't look like they are clearing the Hornby range out here. It was mainly Railroad and 'standard stuff'. They also had good stocks of scenic materials and their plastic kit shelves were also well stocked.  Maybe its a competition thing and being decided branch by branch.  

Picked up some Tamiya acrylics at £1.59 ea. Local Modelzone has then at £1.80 ea. But if anybody interested Norwich Modelzone also has Airfix 1/48 Canberra PR9 at £9.99

Incidentally, Youngsters World in East Dereham is closing down, they are concentrating on their Kings Lynn store. They have 20% off everything in the Dereham store at present.

RichardS

Hattons had "more than 10" in stock on Friday. I went to order one on Saturday and they are out of stock! However, all is not lost, Kernow still have some in stock at the same price.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/product/30087/32386_Bachmann_Class_37_Diesel_Locomotive_number_37_514

Hobbycraft Stockport had Evergreen strip at half price before Christmas, suspect they are stopping doing it.

Hobbycraft now have stopped selling Evergreen Plastic strips etc, as for the Hornby Range, the new stores dont have it, the older stores eventually will be getting rid of all of thier stocks and keeping a minimum range dont think were getting any more locos in for the foreseeable future now

NL

• RMweb Gold

A quick update on the annual Ian Allan january sale

As I was on my pnb at new street this morning I couldn't resist the usual visit to Ian allan

They've currently got on the sale table roughly 12x Bachmann 37514 at £53each 12x Bachmann 37506 also at £53each 10x Bachmann class 47's blue early D number £60each 6x Bachmann class 46 blue weathered £60each and finally 2x Bachmann class 20's blue weathered £57 each

• RMweb Gold

beat me to it again, just been in there too, as well as the above there are a few more Bachmann buildings on the table, sheffield park waiting room £30 reduced from £63, low relief offices £20, bus depot £25, there is also a bit of contenental stuff, jouef railcars (sncf i think) for £80 from £130

edit: there is also a load of n gauge on there too, lots of different wagons stuff like, TTAs, MFAs, a few locos, gner 91 and dvt twin pack amongst them

• RMweb Gold

Hi, I've looked at the Ian Allan website and can only find books, do the models appear anywhere, or is a visit required to a store? Rob

Rob 

I'm afraid it's going to have to be a visit into Ian Allan as they've never advertised models on the website as far as I know also there are many books at the back of the store in Birmingham that are reduced up to 50%

Colin

• RMweb Premium

Colin,

Thanks for that, I expected as much, but wanted clarification. My nearest store would involve a drive to Upminster, parking and a one-day travel card to London. That would probably negate any savings.

I'll have to remember next time I'm in London to pay a visit and see what's available.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Quite a bit of Farish in Ian Allan Manchester this afternoon, about 100 half price wagons and some coaches. Metcam 3cars for £78.

In 00 there's some MPVs and 105s plus a couple of Brighton Belle trailers at £24.

Do you remember how much the MPV's were?

Cheers,

Mick

Archived