Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Holts Models are selling the Bachmann Blue/Grey Inspection salon  (39-777A) for £48.06 plus £4.95 PaP.

Ordered one Sunday turned up today  at 12. Excellent service well packed.

usual disclaimer and one very happy Trailrage.

Cheers

Holts Models are selling the Bachmann Blue/Grey Inspection salon  (39-777A) for £48.06 plus £4.95 PaP.

Ordered one Sunday turned up today  at 12. Excellent service well packed.

usual disclaimer and one very happy Trailrage.

Cheers

Not a bargain when its 48.59 posted from Track Shack i'm afraid

Totally agree. They're both bargains. Had I paid Trailrage's price, I'd have been very happy. Had I spotted TrackShack's price first, great... but... I don't think the spirit of this thread is about tracking down the absolute cheapest of everything. That's rather obsessive and tacky, if I'm honest. A bargain is a bargain. "My bargain is better than your bargain"... no thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Rails of Sheffield have some bargains on further reduction at moment.

Too many to mention individually, but J50 at £59.50 caught my eye.

And if that seems too much, they helpfully point out that they have one on ebay at a mere £79.50...

• RMweb Gold

Just had an email from Gaugemaster about a Hornby sale:

http://www.gaugemaster.com/index.html

http://www.gaugemaster.com/search_results.asp?searchstring=brand~~576~~brandstock~~true~~stock&searchtitle=Hornby+Sale&ob=disc_d

With Gaugemaster's free postage ('Mainland UK orders above a value of £15.00 can be sent carriage free using our economy service') some of their Hornby prices look pretty competitive.

cheers,

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Now I'm finally back at work I thought a route refresh to Ian Allan in Birmingham was in order and on the bargain/sale table they had about 10x Bachmann Branchline 39-001 2 x Mk1 coaches in 'Works Test Train' in BR blue & grey - weathered for £55 each from £84 and also a couple of packs of the Mk2 HST barrier coaches x2 for £55 down from £84.

• RMweb Premium

Just seen in the latest RE Modeller section that Pennine Models is advertising Hornby Intercity Exec livery Mk3s for £16.50 each - if that's right, it seems a pretty good deal, I checked Hattons and they only have the TGS cheaper (£14) but the TSO for more, if the ad is right and they're still in stock, that would seem like quite a bargain for a decent length rake of them. Question is, what excuse can I find to buy some...?

Just seen in the latest RE Modeller section that Pennine Models is advertising Hornby Intercity Exec livery Mk3s for £16.50 each - if that's right, it seems a pretty good deal, I checked Hattons and they only have the TGS cheaper (£14) but the TSO for more, if the ad is right and they're still in stock, that would seem like quite a bargain for a decent length rake of them. Question is, what excuse can I find to buy some...?

If you don't buy them, someone else will. Good enough reason?

• RMweb Premium

I don't know whether this has been posted before but WHSmith are currently doing a £5 off a £20 or more purchase.

All you need to do is buy a newspaper or magazine etc. to get the discount voucher.

The voucher can be used more than once and the promotion is on until at least 20th November (my latest voucher's date)

Best of all you can use it in their Modelzone outlets.

Last week I bought a Hornby £20 Horsebox for £15, this week two Bachmann wagons which came to the mid £20s also with £5 off making the prices very competetive with the box - shifters.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

I don't know whether this has been posted before but WHSmith are currently doing a £5 off a £20 or more purchase.

All you need to do is buy a newspaper or magazine etc. to get the discount voucher.

The voucher can be used more than once and the promotion is on until at least 20th November (my latest voucher's date)

Best of all you can use it in their Modelzone outlets.

Last week I bought a Hornby £20 Horsebox for £15, this week two Bachmann wagons which came to the mid £20s also with £5 off making the prices very competetive with the box - shifters.

Keith

I haven't been aware of their Modelzone outlets - the WHS shops I have visited in Brighton and Eastbourne haven't had one. Not that I am in a rush to go and buy some new kit, but does anyone know of one in this area of the south coast? The vouchers are an almost perpetual rolling promotion - but beware of the small print - sometimes the exclusions can be extensive.

Archived