Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Premium

I haven't been aware of their Modelzone outlets - the WHS shops I have visited in Brighton and Eastbourne haven't had one. Not that I am in a rush to go and buy some new kit, but does anyone know of one in this area of the south coast? The vouchers are an almost perpetual rolling promotion - but beware of the small print - sometimes the exclusions can be extensive.

No exclusions on the current batch (except possibly some technology items?) But toys, games, books etc. all included - for toys read Modelzone for trains, plastic kits, 'copters etc.

Keith

After a visit to Smiths yesterday I now have a 20% voucher for mags,books,toys etc and can be used for every visit during  Nov 1st - the 30th, only valid in High street stores.

Could be a better deal than the £5 voucher ?

Pete

• RMweb Gold

Was in the Hornby outlet in Swindon today, lner teak corridor and non corridor coaches at 25£ each seemed a bargain, sadly no full breaks though.

Also had a lot of GW Colletts, full price but available on 4 for 3.

Very hard to resist, but other coach types are more critical

Was in the Hornby outlet in Swindon today, lner teak corridor and non corridor coaches at 25£ each seemed a bargain, sadly no full breaks though.

On Monday, they had Black 5s at £81 - a good price for that I thought. Oddly all the Kings were full price which given you could pick them up with a substantial discount from Cornwall, I found odd.

• RMweb Gold

On Monday, they had Black 5s at £81 - a good price for that I thought. Oddly all the Kings were full price which given you could pick them up with a substantial discount from Cornwall, I found odd.

That was my thought, no doubt available in a few months time at a substantial discount.

• RMweb Gold

That offer has been running a good few weeks but not many people were taking it up whilst I was there.

Guest royal signals

Fatadder today posted of Hornby LNER coaches @ £25 each, do they have a website to buy from, or is it just counter service? I cannot find a link to buy from them, did not know of their existence till today.

Thanks

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Fatadder today posted of Hornby LNER coaches @ £25 each, do they have a website to buy from, or is it just counter service? I cannot find a link to buy from them, did not know of their existence till today.

Thanks

Tony

Sadly just in store at the Swindon outlet village,

Visited Hobbycraft in Peterborough today and discovered they are selling Natralight lamps at 1/2 price. I grabbed a lamp with a 5" magnifying lens for £37.50. quite pleased as I had considered buying it when it was still full price. Really pleased with it too. Not sure if all the branches have this offer but maybe worth a look.

• RMweb Gold

Model Railways Direct are heaving an autunm sale, worth wading through for the odd bargain such as this :-

https://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/rolling-stock-passenger/Bachmann-39-777a-lms-50-inspection-coach-br-blue-grey/

Geoff

Just had an email to say that train packs and sets are now also under the same sales offer

https://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/train-sets/analogue-sets/

All the best,

Keith

• RMweb Premium

I haven't been aware of their Modelzone outlets - the WHS shops I have visited in Brighton and Eastbourne haven't had one. Not that I am in a rush to go and buy some new kit, but does anyone know of one in this area of the south coast? The vouchers are an almost perpetual rolling promotion - but beware of the small print - sometimes the exclusions can be extensive.

The only ModelZone store in a WHSmiths that I am aware of in the south east is in Croydon.  I think there may be one in Reading too,

I still think that the way WHSmith's keep giving away vouchers and very cheap chocolate along with the general explosion in a church jumble sale presentation of their stores suggests that all is not well....

• RMweb Gold

The only ModelZone store in a WHSmiths that I am aware of in the south east is in Croydon.  I think there may be one in Reading too,

I still think that the way WHSmith's keep giving away vouchers and very cheap chocolate along with the general explosion in a church jumble sale presentation of their stores suggests that all is not well....

is this at East Croydon Station ? (never seen model railways in there before ?)

Confirm there is definitely one in WHS in Broad Street, Reading.

There are Modelzone departments in the Glasgow Sauchiehall St and Manchester Arndale Centre WH Smith stores, however the expensive items, ie all locos and coaches, and even some wagons, are on display in locked glass cabinets, meaning you have to find a member of staff to obtain what you want. I have walked out of both stores without buying anything because there were no staff to do this.

• RMweb Gold

In the town centre, in the Centrale shopping complex I think.

The Croydon WHS in the Whitgift centre, across the road from Centrale. The old modelzone was in Centrale.

Just round the corner from the indoor entrance to WHS there is an outlet in the old Alders store selling the last remains of some Modelzone lines at discount.

Dave

Guest royal signals

Has anyone tried to google Modelzone, I just tried it, it does it by County and in my County Durham it lists 8 stores as stockists. However it lists one as WH Smith Teeside International Airport, I thought it had changed it's name to Durham Tees Valley Airport.

Tony

.................Teeside International Airport, I thought it had changed it's name to Durham Tees Valley Airport.

Tony

:offtopic: Ahhh! the wonders of t'interweb information oft published, quickly forgotten and rarely controlled.

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone tried to google Modelzone, I just tried it, it does it by County and in my County Durham it lists 8 stores as stockists. However it lists one as WH Smith Teeside International Airport, I thought it had changed it's name to Durham Tees Valley Airport.

Tony

The problem when I Google "Modelzone" is the old non-WHSmith Modelzone also pops up.

Searching WHSmith's own website is incomplete e.g. searching "Worcestershire" only finds 7 WHS stores, the small one in Bromsgrove and the bigger one in Redditch aren't listed!

If you search with "Redditch" it does show up along with loads more for miles around!

Modelzone departments aren't listed in the various store facilities

I've yet to find out how to find Modelzones in WH Smith by Googling.

If you search for Railways only 23 items come up, all Hornby, mostly Railroad or track.

The MZ in WHS Birmingham has extensive stocks of all types of Hornby, quite a bit of Bachmann and some Farish.

Unfortunately all are RRP!

Keith

There is a modelzone in the whsmiths at the bentalls centre in Kingston too...

• RMweb Premium

If you search for Railways only 23 items come up, all Hornby, mostly Railroad or track.

The MZ in WHS Birmingham has extensive stocks of all types of Hornby, quite a bit of Bachmann and some Farish.

Unfortunately all are RRP!

Keith

Less 20% for fairly large parts of the year with the discount cards they hand out in advance.

Archived