Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

A magazine called BRM or British Railway Modelling had a special cover price of 99p at WH Smiths where I work today so I bought it to give it a try. It came with a free DVD.

:mosking:

BRM also have a special offer of 2 years subscription for £59.99 + a free model car.

UK by direct debit.

Not seen it mentioned here but Kernow have got Hornby R3381 J15 with early crest on sale for the ridiculous price of £55. There were more than 10 available when I looked this morning, just went to order mine now and there's only 5 left so anyone wanting one needs to move quick!

Ahhhhh, I see...I assumed the online Dapol shop, and the OP assumed I knew there was a physical Dapol shop....eeee-awwwwhh !

Sorry I was following up on a earlier post about the shop items and just letting people know they still had some in stock.

Presumably the 73's were OO also ? Can't see any of the items mentioned in Dapol shop...special offers perhaps...? Didn't know Dapol even made 'OO' 56's...?

Edit: Do you mean shop as opposed to online shop ? Again, didn't know there was one...

Yes the 73's are OO gauge and sorry I was on about the actual shop attached to the factory / warehouse. The address is on there website if you are looking at visiting the location

Not seen it mentioned here but Kernow have got Hornby R3381 J15 with early crest on sale for the ridiculous price of £55. There were more than 10 available when I looked this morning, just went to order mine now and there's only 5 left so anyone wanting one needs to move quick!

I saw the offer earlier today and had one of those tight moments, but when I saw your reference to "ridiculous price" I  thought yes you are right and  have    just purchased one.

I now have three locos of this type........but then I am GER  (Great Eastern Region) on this site !

Many thanks for your input............now only 3 left in stock.

I saw the offer earlier today and had one of those tight moments, but when I saw your reference to "ridiculous price" I  thought yes you are right and  have   just purchased one.

I now have three locos of this type........but then I am GER  (Great Eastern Region) on this site !

Many thanks for your input............now only 3 left in stock.

Glad you agree with me! Don't worry, I have 2 of them myself too. I'm meant to be saving but I couldn't not get another at that price.

Kernowmodels are splitting Hornby Ventilated Triple Van Pack R6713a into separate units at £5 each.............a very attractive price in my opinion. 

On the two purchases I have made of 12 single units and 9 single units I have received 4 triple packs & 3 triple packs respectively. This route is cheaper per unit than buying  Triple Van Packs !  I will leave the reader to check the mathematics assuming you do not use the Diane Abbott calculator !

• RMweb Gold

OO Gauge Modern sale today at Rails in their May madness sale, Dapol Chiltern 68s £109, Hornby class 08s £69

http://mailchi.mp/railsofsheffield/maymadness-modernimage

Beware, that weblink appears to be out of date, even though their website links to that offer, I was emailed that on Tuesday, today's offer is some Southern kettles :)

Far too many commas in that, sorry!

Having just been in to pick up a few bits, Transport Models of Preston have a sale on. They currently have 10% off Hornby and Bachmann locos and train packs, 25% off Hornby, Oxford Rail and Bachmann wagons, as well as Oxford Diecast 1:76 vehicles. EFE (I think) buses are buy one get one free, and Corgi 1:50 trucks are half price. Also spied, Bachmann 350 in grey livery and blue doors for £90 and at least two Bachmann Windhoff MPVs for £75.

This is from memory, and I'm just a regular satisfied customer. :D

Thanks,

Jack.

Was straight of their website today, and prices are still correct on the website

Agreed, assuming you mean 'off', but did you try to order that offer today?

If you can confirm the offer remains (albeit out of date - because Rails say one day only) valid, I'll backtrack on a offer I missed for a Dapol 08 in 7mm scale.

Thanks.

Archived