Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Gold

didn't get anything in the end, one of the wcr pullmans must have gone, only one set left, also on the sale table were a few scenecraft items, low relief gas holder, sheffield park station building and large lineside power transformer building which was £20 reduced from £38

there were 3 flying scotsman trainpacks too, i assume loco and 3 coaches for £100

Debenhams (Winchester at least) have Oxford Diecast 1:76 Scale New style Mini for £1.50.  THey only have Red in Winchester.  M&S had some 1:76 scale Oxford Diecast before cars in Christmas, I expect it'd be cheap if they have any left in any of their shops.

M&S had some 1:76 scale Oxford Diecast before cars in Christmas, I expect it'd be cheap if they have any left in any of their shops.

They're not the ones with keyrings attached, are they? I only ask because in previous years, I'm pretty sure they were Schuco or similar, and 1:87. Still useful to modellers, but not necessarily the same modellers! The other Xmas, they also had E-Types (also HO, AFAIK), and Del-Boy's Reliant Regal (probably 1:76).

• RMweb Gold

www.ontracks.co.uk have a sale on at the moment, they are doing the Bachmann Midnight Metropolitan set for £72!

I've ordered some Electrotren wagons that were less than half price :locomotive:

Like your 'Googles' - is it in one of the Italian or Slovak  liveries as dont recognise it as a Czech  one?

They're not the ones with keyrings attached, are they? I only ask because in previous years, I'm pretty sure they were Schuco or similar, and 1:87. Still useful to modellers, but not necessarily the same modellers! The other Xmas, they also had E-Types (also HO, AFAIK), and Del-Boy's Reliant Regal (probably 1:76).

The Debenhams one certainly isn't (I bought one), and I think the M&S ones were 1:76 too, but I couldn't find any in Winchester M&S today.

• RMweb Gold
Ian Allen in Birmingham are regulars on these pages - do they sell anything at normal prices? !

Paul

unfortunatly yes!

saying that just recently they have been pretty competitive with some of their full priced stuff, for example the NR yellow Bachmann 57 was £84, was going to get one today but they sold the last one over christmas.

also worth noting that if you ask for a loyalty card you can get £5 off future purchases for very £100 you spend, i have £15 on mine at the moment so it would have made the 57 £70 which is very good

• RMweb Premium

Last year Debenhams had three Oxford models, The new Mini, a Volkswagen Microbus with surfboards and an E-type Jag. They were the normal Oxford models. The 'Del-boy' Reliant van was a key ring but the ring was easy to remove and was indeed 1/76 scale. There was no sign of any of them in my local stores this year however.

Hobbycraft in Swansea have loads of Skaledale, Railroad and Thomas stuff for Sale in their customary big boxes near the entrance, seems about a third off their normal prices.Virtually no Hornby on the regular shelves except for some track - does this mean they are selling off and pulling out of Hornby ?

Hobbycraft Leeds is down to the toy end of the Hornby range, the only Skaledale to be seen were a couple of windmills in the clearance pile. No Woodland Scenics stocked anymore and no plastic strip, although I cannot recall ever seeing any in there. Hornby range seems a bit dumb as its next to a Toy R Us who presuambly stock the same.

www.ontracks.co.uk have a sale on at the moment, they are doing the Bachmann Midnight Metropolitan set for £72!

I've ordered some Electrotren wagons that were less than half price :locomotive:

Thanks for the tip; I was thinking of getting the Midnight Metropolitan, but ended up with a Bachmann Mk2 FK (weathered) for £11.34, last year's Hornby catalogue for a quid, and Airfix's 1/350 HMS Illustrious aircraft carrier for just over £30.

Hobbycraft Leeds is down to the toy end of the Hornby range, the only Skaledale to be seen were a couple of windmills in the clearance pile. No Woodland Scenics stocked anymore and no plastic strip, although I cannot recall ever seeing any in there. Hornby range seems a bit dumb as its next to a Toy R Us who presuambly stock the same.

Tamworth has I think pulled out completely.  I can't say whether they had a Train Set range for the Christmas market, but certainly last summer the loco cabinet, RR shelves, Woodland Scenics, Skaledale and accessories had gone.

Tamworth has I think pulled out completely.  I can't say whether they had a Train Set range for the Christmas market, but certainly last summer the loco cabinet, RR shelves, Woodland Scenics, Skaledale and accessories had gone.

Since they did the refurb the Tamworth store has had barely anything. They seem to stock Hornby set track and very little else. Most of their plastic non railway kits seem to have been whittled down to next to nothing too. Shame.

Since they did the refurb the Tamworth store has had barely anything. They seem to stock Hornby set track and very little else. Most of their plastic non railway kits seem to have been whittled down to next to nothing too. Shame.

Happened to pop into the Tamworth Hobbycraft today. Actually, I felt they had a fair range of non-railway models - Tamiya and Revell, and so on, cars, planes and other military - but as has been indicated, just a few odds and bobs of railway stuff. A few Skaledale items in the clearance bin (25%-50% off, but not a great choice), but on the main racks, only the settrack and some bits of scenery.

Archived