Banger Blue

Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Hardly anything reduced at Waterloo, the model section is quite small though some of their normal prices for locos are actually quite good.

Stewart

Always interesting to see what is going on elsewhere, but even at sale prices some European models are frighteningly expensive. It does make one realise how well off we are in the UK.

• Like 1

Quite a bit of Farish in Ian Allan Manchester this afternoon, about 100 half price wagons and some coaches. Metcam 3cars for £78.

In 00 there's some MPVs and 105s plus a couple of Brighton Belle trailers at £24.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer

Quite a bit of Farish in Ian Allan Manchester this afternoon, about 100 half price wagons and some coaches. Metcam 3cars for £78.

In 00 there's some MPVs and 105s plus a couple of Brighton Belle trailers at £24.

Do you remember how much the MPV's were?

Cheers,

Mick

Ok thanks - I'm in Manchester tomorrow. I'll try and take a look if I can sneak out from the MAC.

Cheers,

Mick

All gone now  :(

No doubt reappearing on eBay soon........

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

I A birmingham again....

Farish

03 in blue or green £40

Austerity 2-8-0 weathered £90 unweathered £85

B1 springbok £80

Frightliner 90 £55

150 fnw £60

158 northern £60

91/dvt twin pack GNER £50

Loads of various mk1s £12

Various wagons haa/pca/poa etc between £6-£8

Private owner wagons £4.50

Yep!

I did wonder if it was you as you made a bee line for the bargain table!

Edited by big jim

Beales in Bolton in the toy department have the 1948 Hornby Olympics set marked down to £100. Not bad compared to Hattons' already discounted price of £149.

• Like 1

Dumfries W H Smith has/had "The encyclopedia of Titled Trains".  A special magazine/soft cover book for £1, instead of £6.99.  Unfortunately none of the other similar railway ones available, but there were various others - including computer/IPad ones and something about 3D modelling.  Presumably will vary branch to branch.  (I also got a "How it Works Book of Space" for £1, instead of £9.99!  No idea if it is any good, but plenty of reading!)

Cheers,

26power

NRM shop at York has some discounted models on at the moment for in person callers, including the Midland Compound at £110.

All Bachmann special edition three wagon sets at £15 a go

Edited by Sir Hadyn

Beales in Bolton in the toy department have the 1948 Hornby Olympics set marked down to £100. Not bad compared to Hattons' already discounted price of £149.

Want one !

Want one !

IA in Brum have had some of these on big discount as well. (Modelzone still full RRP!)

Also an Imperial Airways set

Keith

IA in Brum have had some of these on big discount as well. (Modelzone still full RRP!)Also an Imperial Airways setKeith

they are £120 in IA though