Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

No thanks - it was the 1948 set I wanted - sorted now.

• RMweb Premium

Lidl has a soldering station coming in. 48W iron, two tips, two 20g reels of solder, stand with sponge, and, it claims, a pretty amazing temperature range of 100 - 500 centigrade. Oh, and a 3-year warranty. All that for just £8.99.....

DT

Lidl has a soldering station coming in. 48W iron, two tips, two 20g reels of solder, stand with sponge, and, it claims, a pretty amazing temperature range of 100 - 500 centigrade. Oh, and a 3-year warranty. All that for just £8.99.....

DT

When's it due in ?

Rgds,

Andy

Dunelm Mills in Milton Keynes are selling 3' x 2' foamboard reduced from £6.45 to £1.00 per sheet. They only had 3 sheets in when I went there today. (and now they have none) but I assume other stores would have similar offers on. They also had reductions on all there craft products including card and acrylic paints.

DT

I have seen the pictures and am wondering if the coils of red and white wire are part of it, if so what are they? At the price they are asking it may be worth a punt. I am wondering how the temperature is controlled; there doesn't seem to be any kind of display so perhaps it is a "suck it and see" system.

Edit to add comment about temperature.

• RMweb Premium

I am wondering how the temperature is controlled; there doesn't seem to be any kind of display

There appears to be around red knob on the station itself - I suspect that turning that controls the temperature. There's certainly no display as sunch, but at this price what can one expect?

I can't really justify getting one myself - hidden away in the garage are a number of "bargain" tools and gadgets that i've bought from Lidl/Aldi over the years in the belief that they'd come in useful, but they never have. Anyway, I can't get out - snow in the back garden is now a foot deep and it's still snowing.

DT

This soldering iron has been available from Lidl before; I know I bought one. Lasted no time at all, no discernable variation of temperature and tips disintergrate as soon as you look at them. As for the 3 year warranty I'm sure you would win in court but when you return it to Lidl within a couple of weeks (which you will) there will be no more stock and you'll just get a refund. You get what you pay for and you most certainly do with this. Sorry.

Gareth

Foyles have a selection of railway titles reduced by 50% (selection much smaller after visits by yours truly).  Those remaining include some Oakwoods, also a few on Southern, Bristol area and Cheshire.

("It's in here somewhere, but you'll have to find it for yourself" (to quote the Private Eye (?) cartton that used to be displayed in Motor Books)

• RMweb Gold

IA brum yet again

Brighton belle pullmans, both liveries for £120 (they also still have the intermediate coaches for £30 too)

i meant to go in there last Saturday afternoon but got carried away in the pubs!!

They often have reduced items i there unlike the one next to Waterloo station. However the model section is much smaller than the Birmingham branch.

Ian

Bo'ness Lidl seems to be some sort of sale/clearance outlet, judging by my occasional visits.  Last Sunday they had "Shiny Sinks" (for cleaning up etched brass/whitemetal kit work) at 50p a time.  Can also be used in your kitchen!  And if you wanted jars of red cabbage ....  Seems to be a weekend thing - but that's the only times I've been there.  Presumably other branches in the country have similar, but unfortunately not my local one.

Cheers,

26power.

Archived