Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Gold

Or buy another bargain 58, swap bogies and then have a static one for the shed......

Cheers,

Mick

Or even have a double-header. One loco with 2 motor bogies and one unpowered loco will pull more than two ordinary locos.

Or buy another bargain 58, swap bogies and then have a static one for the shed......

Cheers,

Mick

Just one final thought on this - the later releases at 30 quid have sold out, probably for the best - but it wasn't unusual too see 58's running as a pair.  I've got half an eye on another EWS version on eBay so I can double power-bogie one and have the other for multiple working and to be 'on shed'.  The real thing was prone to real slip too!

• RMweb Premium

For those that do quite modern stuff, MZ have Bachmann Windhoff for £67.75 and free p/p. 

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/model-railways/special-offers/Bachmann-windhoff-mpv-multi-purpose-vehicle-network-rail-2-piece-set.html

Excellent! Another cut'n'shut for my workbench to do 98008.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Modelzone brum have 2 in stock at the same price, the shop assistant was actually changing the price label while i was in there

Ian allen in brum have a few scenecraft buildings cheap again such as the art deco station building reduced from £52 to £25

• RMweb Premium

On Saturday only A Oakes (174-180 Vicarage Road, Oldbury, B68 8JB) have a special "double blue cross sale" or something like that with some locos at half their current sale prices!

Check website: http://www.aoakesmodeltrains.co.uk/index.asp

Looks like there might be some decent bargains.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Modelzone brum have 2 in stock at the same price, the shop assistant was actually changing the price label while i was in there

Ian allen in brum have a few scenecraft buildings cheap again such as the art deco station building reduced from £52 to £25

I bought a GWR station half price last week.

Keith

For those that do quite modern stuff, MZ have Bachmann Windhoff for £67.75 and free p/p. 

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/model-railways/special-offers/Bachmann-windhoff-mpv-multi-purpose-vehicle-network-rail-2-piece-set.html

As I've just posted elsewhere (under the Modelzone Holborn thread) a further 25% off this price thereby reducing it to a shade over £50.

• RMweb Gold

One for people in North America, Model Train Stuff has Digitrax SDH164 sound decoders for $40; they should be $75. If you don't have a Hiawatha 4-4-2 you can blow the sounds with a PR3 - I've just put one into a Hornby B1.

A. Oakes of Oldbury......................??? Known their Dudley store for years doing School uniform but this store is new to me!

Strange as I've been passing nearby for nearly 15 years!

Think I'll pop in for a casual browse tomorrow!

Cheers!

• RMweb Premium

A. Oakes of Oldbury......................??? Known their Dudley store for years doing School uniform but this store is new to me!

Strange as I've been passing nearby for nearly 15 years!

Think I'll pop in for a casual browse tomorrow!

Cheers!

It's the same people, isn't it?

You've missed last saturdays special sale though.

The railway section is surrounded on three sides by clothes/school uniforms! There was even a notice on the train counter telling you that for hygiene reasons swimming trunks are not returnable :jester:

Reasonable amount of train stock and some discounting. They advertise in the model railway mags.

Keith

Guest dubdee1000

Now that we are near Bachmann announcement and new catalogue time, do you think we might soon see some "overstocking" bargains appearing, anyone care to guess what might appear at cheap prices?

Desiro

• RMweb Premium

Already happening.  Signal Box have been knocking out both plain and London Midland OO scale Desiro's at shows for just shy of ninety notes!

• RMweb Premium

Now that we are near Bachmann announcement and new catalogue time, do you think we might soon see some "overstocking" bargains appearing, anyone care to guess what might appear at cheap prices?

4-CEPS!

Cheers,

Mick

Archived