Oil Tank Wagon

Martino

• RMweb Premium

The South Bucks Light Railway is a 3' gauge line supposedly running from Datchet by the Thames up through Burnham Beeches to Beaconsfield and Gerrards cross via Farnham Common and Hedgerly. Privately owned but operated by both the GWR and the SR. Well that's the theory anyway......

So faced with a couple of VERY hot weekends (temps in the high 90's F, followed by this past weekend where it's been raining cats and dogs and followed up by plague of frogs, I worked on an Oil Tank Wagon for the line.

Running on an LGB 4 wheeled coach chassis, the body is a couple of plastic containers, a pill bottle. bass wood, brass wire, electrical wire and other bits and bobs. The tank was wrapped in metal repair tape with rivets embossed from the back before being stuck on. Transfers from GRS.

Still awaiting vac pipes and lamp irons and a coat of varnish.

Looks OK from 4' away, which is the idea, but doesn't bear close scrutiny

!post-2283-0-78526300-1310947114_thumb.jpg

post-2283-0-78526300-1310947114_thumb.jpg

post-2283-0-55661000-1310947137_thumb.jpg

post-2283-0-35761000-1310947096_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Martin wow - that's a great piece of work - wonderful modelling. I do like your line - I'd love to hear more about the tank engine and brake van as well :) Do you think you could post up a bit more about them?

Many thanks.

OK if you insist ill do a couple of posts on the Toad and the little 0-4-0. I'll try and dig out some photos. No blow by blow commentaries though, I tent to look at a project without planning and then just launch in. If it works, I'll show people, but if it doesn't it gets recycled!

Archived